Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 12:31 AM

61,286 posts, read 87,527,528 times

Advertisements

approx. 75% are mexican. u r cutting in line. stop it.
go home and demand your rights in your own country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 12:38 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,792,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Note that the word "hate" was used also? Right out of the pro-illegal smear handbook.
Need I remindnyou that you referred to me as being anti-American and stated I don't respect the laws. I'm white, would make me a race traitor as well? Because I don't agree with someone, doesn't give them right of label me as something I am not. Now you claim I am pro-illegal.

When someone has to be rude, aggressive and insulting it appears that they have an emotional investment and are passionate about something they speak of. Emotions and passion can be positive or negative. I find that a better discussion can be had without bringing in the elements that you do.

You refer to this as a debate?

Lesson for the day: High school and college students have a better understanding of a debate (debate teams). One's conduct makes for a better debate, not "screaming" at or insulting the opposing party because they are not in line with one's view.

Peace.

Last edited by softblueyz; 01-10-2012 at 12:46 AM..

Old 01-11-2012, 06:13 AM

50,479 posts, read 47,229,720 times
This has only been going on for the last 20 or so years in huge numbers. When people see large masses of illegal Spanish speakers gathered in certain areas the answer they probably got was "illegal Mexicans". Why? Because that is the majority of them. The average joe six pack didn't ask for this invasion. Why is it now first and foremost their duty and responsibility to either accept each and every illegal or accept ridicule? If I was here legally I'd be upset too but I'd never blame the victim. Fault lies 100% on the illegal invaders.

But, the pro-illegals will still trot out that tired pony. How do you know they are illegal? So, bottom line is that the majority are. Change that and the stereotype goes away.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:12 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,931,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconman View Post
Let me try to clarify things . The word "mexican" is often used as a slang generic term to describe hispanics. Most illegal aliens are hispanic so it really isnt important to try and narrow down which third world alien country they happen to be from.For all practical reasons just saying "mexican": makes the point...For example when hispanics use the word "gringo" they dont clarify if the gringo is from texas, or north carolina, or canada, or germany do they? Its the same generalzation of a word...Its sorta dumb for an illegal alien to try and demand that he be identified with the correct country from which he came from anyway. The demands of illegals mean nothing here, nothing at all.
Many OTM's (Other Than Mexicans) DO say they're "Mexican" when picked up since it's easier to try to come back across the border than attempt to return if dropped off in Guatamala, Nicaragua, and so on.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:13 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,854,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Many OTM's (Other Than Mexicans) DO say they're "Mexican" when picked up since it's easier to try to come back across the border than attempt to return if dropped off in Guatamala, Nicaragua, and so on.
So that would lead to more false positives of "Mexican" within the DHS statistics?...

Old 01-11-2012, 08:21 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,335,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
So that would lead to more false positives of "Mexican" within the DHS statistics?...
Not enough to negate the fact that Mexicans are indeed still here in the largest numbers by far illegally. 60% of illegals are Mexicans. How many Guatamalans, etc would have to claim to be Mexicans in order to change that high of a statistic? The fact remains that 80% of all illegals combined are Latinos. Keep trying though.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:39 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,854,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Not enough to negate the fact that Mexicans are indeed still here in the largest numbers by far illegally. 60% of illegals are Mexicans. How many Guatamalans, etc would have to claim to be Mexicans in order to change that high of a statistic? The fact remains that 80% of all illegals combined are Latinos. Keep trying though.
It wouldn't necessarily have to even be a Latino (current example of U.S. teen deported to Columbia based on her declaration of origin)...

A contrasting narrower difference is that Mexicans immigrating legally are only a few percentage points below "Mexicans" (at least those that claim to be) coming illegally. The effect would evenly split or flip the statistic there. Then there could be a valid claim that more Mexicans do immigrate legally.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:53 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,335,879 times
Quote:
It wouldn't necessarily have to even be a Latino (current example of U.S. teen deported to Columbia based on her declaration of origin)...

A contrasting narrower difference is that Mexicans immigrating legally are only a few percentage points below "Mexicans" (at least those that claim to be) coming illegally. The effect would evenly split or flip the statistic there. Then there could be a valid claim that more Mexicans do immigrate legally.
Eh? Sorry, I'm not following you here. Mexicans or anyone else migrating here legally is not the subject of this forum anyway.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:57 AM

5,297 posts, read 7,647,028 times
another thread that goes nowhere.....illegal is illegal, no matter who it is. Hispanics are just the most vocal, demanding, arrogant in their demands and the majority by any measurement.

eta, all some of you are trying to do is shut down any discourse on Hispanic illegal aliens. It won't work.

Old 01-11-2012, 06:48 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,249,453 times
Quote:

You can not possibly be debating that Mexicans account for the majority of all illegals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration