Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 12:14 PM

537 posts, read 441,908 times

Advertisements

Mexican is a nationality and not a race. The only reason people call racism is because they can't debate and of course, these days the racism card means little to nothing to most people of intelligence.

Of course illegals, no matter what darn country they came from, are what all of us are against.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2007, 12:56 PM

547 posts, read 1,186,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Is Mexican even considered a "race"? I thought it was a term used to described someone's nationality. Who is it really that is presuming that someone who is in the US illegally is a Mexican? If someone is opposed to illegal immigration, isn't the person who is accusing them of racism really the one who is stereotyping? Hypothetically speaking, if millions of people from another country that is not Mexico, say, Germany or Indonesia, entered and reside in our country illegally, wouldn't we be just as opposed to them for the sake of our sovereignity and self determination and not because of an "us vs. them" mentality?
Yes, unfortunately some people who are pro illegal immigration throw out the race card in a feeble attempt to make those against illegal immigration back off. It has absolutely nothing to do with race of course, but that doesn't seem to matter to some.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:58 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,511,676 times
No actually Mexican is not a race in most countries, actually in most of the world Hispanics are considered to be White.

But for some reason in the US there is a need to call it race/ethnicity, hence the White, Black, Asian and Hispanic check box on a job application.

Quote:
Of course illegals, no matter what darn country they came from, are what all of us are against.
Yet all of your posts are about mexicans, much of the time attacking their culture.

Trying to induce immigration laws by attacking a particular group will not do the trick, enforcing laws will.

Old 09-18-2007, 01:04 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,510,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Bimmer View Post
WOW! Can't say I'm surprised at such ignorant and RACIST comments. It appears people forget where in the hell they came from...

Tss Tss...
Excuse me??? I am not a LAWBREAKER. Law breaking has NOTHING to do with race.....get real.

Old 09-18-2007, 01:05 PM

That is not true of course but then, you do like to post the race card all of the time. I have always said that I was against all illegals. BTW, it is not my fault that the majority of illegals happen to be from Mexico. Next time get your facts straight before posting LIES about me.

Old 09-18-2007, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Annie View Post
Yes, unfortunately some people who are pro illegal immigration throw out the race card in a feeble attempt to make those against illegal immigration back off. It has absolutely nothing to do with race of course, but that doesn't seem to matter to some.
They obviously use race because they don't have a leg to stand on. Illegal is illegal. Saying we are racist, which we aren't, makes us look bad and them look good which in their warped mind justifies their unreasonable stand on this to themselves.

Old 09-18-2007, 01:09 PM

Agree completely. And of course there are those of us that get personally attacked by certain other ones in here that seem to love illegals.

Old 09-18-2007, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
With the pending new law, employers are signing up to be able to verify status of all their emploees - as a result, many of those here illegally are, in fact, leaving - many are going "back home".

I support Arizona's new law and feel that other states will soon follow.
Me too! YAHOO!!!!!!

Old 09-18-2007, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
Me too! YAHOO!!!!!!
Me three!!!!

Old 09-18-2007, 01:15 PM

1,736 posts, read 4,747,145 times
For some reason the illegals are sending billions of US dollars to Mexico. Maybe the finger pointing “racist” should tell them they are sending their un-taxed money to the wrong country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration