Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 01:43 PM

439 posts, read 617,077 times

Advertisements

I love Walmart and I'm still going to keep shopping there even if they have spanish signs big deal. Most city goverment web pages are in Spanish and English this is a great idea.

Old 06-02-2009, 05:43 PM

15 posts, read 39,157 times
We are a small company, native american owned. Not to toot my own horn, but you can't carry that chip on your shoulder for being a minority. You have to do something, even Obama got pulled over a few times in Illinois for driving. I didn't say for a traffic violation.

Another fact is, if you want the business you have to cater to your community. I live in Tucson, if there was a nationally recognized Clown College hear in the community. Your damn right I would be driving my taxi with pink hair and a red nose. So bilingual signs are not bad, they actually free up employees for answering simple questions, or having to hire bilingual employees to answer questions.

Kenzie Townsend
Black Cab of Tucson, LLC

Old 06-03-2009, 01:47 PM

46 posts, read 61,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Basically illegals are the majority of roofers in my area and they do a very good job and work quickly.As long as they are here your really not going to do nay good because even mom and pop stores hire them because they want to work while so many here want to report to work and not work.

That's the basic point, who wants to pay more for less, I know tons of hispanics legal or illegal that I count on all the time, they are very reliable.
Regarding the signs at walmart, I'sure they prefer to lose bussiness from a bunch of radicals, than losing the support from 70 million spanish-americans.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:21 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,628,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
I'll be honest, I'm even more concerned with the fact that Wal-Mart is basically selling our country to Red China...all under the guise that it's a flag wavin', patriotic American company started by a good 'ol boy. Sam Walton is a traitor as far as I'm concerned. Someone also made the point that their low prices help a lot of low income folks out-yea-til their kid needs to be rushed the emergency room from chewing on a Chinese toy full of lead! Wal-Mart ought to paint their trucks up with the commie Chinese flag for truth in advertising...
Hang on a min! It was only AFTER Sam Walton died, that Wal-Mart turned to crap.

You can't blame him for his children being screwups and selling out to boards and stockholders and that sort of scum.

I used to shop there years ago, now; no way.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:13 AM

53 posts, read 295,093 times
Default Walmart hiring 22000

Wal-Mart expects to add 22,000 jobs at new stores in '09 - Jun. 4, 2009

Old 06-04-2009, 01:01 PM

291 posts, read 414,062 times
e verify please , any low or mid paying jobs need to go to americans,now more than ever.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,787 times
clearly illegal immigration is a huge issue. But think on the other side of the illegal immigrants. they are trying to make a living and to support their family. Most of them tried to do the right thing, but what are they supposed to do when the gov wont even help them to become legal aliens. I do not approve of what walmart does not becasue of illegal immigration, but becasue its companies like them that other small businesses are going out of business. I see it that at least they are not the ones discriminating. Everyone is supposed to be treated equal not for who they are or their social position, but because it is the right thing to do. Its too bad that some people that are so selfish and only care about themselves do not care about other people and the troubles that they might be going through. the ones who should be punished to full extent of law is discrimination of sex, and race.

Old 03-09-2010, 07:04 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texmex12 View Post
clearly illegal immigration is a huge issue. But think on the other side of the illegal immigrants. they are trying to make a living and to support their family. Most of them tried to do the right thing, but what are they supposed to do when the gov wont even help them to become legal aliens. I do not approve of what walmart does not becasue of illegal immigration, but becasue its companies like them that other small businesses are going out of business. I see it that at least they are not the ones discriminating. Everyone is supposed to be treated equal not for who they are or their social position, but because it is the right thing to do. Its too bad that some people that are so selfish and only care about themselves do not care about other people and the troubles that they might be going through. the ones who should be punished to full extent of law is discrimination of sex, and race.
Our country is the most generous in the world to the poor in foreign countries and we also have the most generous immigration policies. What do you want...a pint of blood to? We have limits on legal immigration for all the right reasons. We can't take in the whole world's poor and needy and you know that. Everyone in this country who has a right to be here IS treated equally so what are you talking about? It is selfish to care about one's own country and the welfare of their own families first?

Too bad there are Americans that are so selfish that they put greed aka cheap illegal labor or they put their ethnicity above the best interests of this country. Too bad that Mexico doesn't care enough about its citizens to provide a good economy for them. Too bad that some people use the race card in the illegal immigration issue where it doesn't belong.

Old 03-10-2010, 07:39 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,536,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Our country is the most generous in the world to the poor in foreign countries and we also have the most generous immigration policies. What do you want...a pint of blood to? We have limits on legal immigration for all the right reasons. We can't take in the whole world's poor and needy and you know that. Everyone in this country who has a right to be here IS treated equally so what are you talking about? It is selfish to care about one's own country and the welfare of their own families first?

Too bad there are Americans that are so selfish that they put greed aka cheap illegal labor or they put their ethnicity above the best interests of this country. Too bad that Mexico doesn't care enough about its citizens to provide a good economy for them. Too bad that some people use the race card in the illegal immigration issue where it doesn't belong.
Thank you...

Old 03-10-2010, 08:27 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,836,467 times
Boycotting Walmart...Why just walmart, why not any business that has a door? How is a business owner going to know if a person is legal or not...more over its not his business.

The boycotting of Home Ddepot, Bank of America and other companies by Anti-illegal alien groups is ridiculous.

more over if an American Company wants to print English and any other language on their product, its none of your business...If you dont like it, dont buy the product. If that owner wants to sell his product in another country, there is no law which says he needs your permission. Keep you nose out of other peoples business is good business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration