Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 07:15 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by verybadgnome View Post
So then why are we singling out the employee here and not the employer? It's hard to pay taxes when your boss never gives you a W-2 form.

Are there not US citizens also working under the table? Do they get a free pass?
I didn't single the employee out. I said both are guilty. These illegal aliens know right from wrong. They know they are supposed to be paying income taxes. If their boss doesn't offer them a W-4 (not a W-2) they know their employer is trying to cheat the system and they are also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 07:19 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
I dont think dems are big supporters of illegal aliens. Americans in general are not big on supporting illegal aliens in freeloading and taking away jobs and sending money across the border.

You must not be talking to any real life dems, else you would know this.
I don't think your regular everyday citizen Democrat is but the Democrat politicians seem to be big supporters of illegal aliens. Look at Omaba promising them amnesty all the time. Look at the Dem congressmen. Especially those who are Hispanic.

Old 07-02-2012, 07:43 PM

3,981 posts, read 6,737,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I didn't single the employee out. I said both are guilty. These illegal aliens know right from wrong. They know they are supposed to be paying income taxes. If their boss doesn't offer them a W-4 (not a W-2) they know their employer is trying to cheat the system and they are also.
The average illegal who has been in this country for a few months or years and doesn't speak English knows US tax law? Maybe or maybe not.

Again there are US citizens who work as waiters, taxi cab drivers, handymen, etc. that don't pay income taxes that are not being singled out.

Old 07-02-2012, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
E-verify would help rectify the illegal employee/employer problem, but democrats aren't fond of that. Why is that?
I'm not against e-verify if it is done across the board and is double checked.

Little known fact is that the repubs in Texas like illegals. Who would build their McMansions if not for them? College students in 105 degree weather?.....on weekends?

Old 07-02-2012, 07:45 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,970 times
I like the term easy riders.......Peter Fonda, Jack Nicholson.....yea baby!!!

Old 07-02-2012, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Okay and I don't know the answer to this one but the LEGAL responsibility falls on which party(s)?

Old 07-02-2012, 07:49 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,201,643 times
Why Don't Dems ever call illegals and welfare recipients "free riders"

Maybe because they don't want to upset the people who vote for them...

Old 07-02-2012, 08:29 PM

29,825 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by verybadgnome View Post
Are you saying illegals don't pay taxes? They have no choice when it comes to sales and property taxes. If their employers prefers to pay them under the table, then isn't that company ultimately responsible for complying with IRS codes?

Chances are, that company hiring the illegals drove the legitimate company in to bankruptcy long ago. Doing the right thing has no place in this twisted economy. And companies do have ways of hiring illegals "on the books".

Illegals don't own property in most cases. Sure, they rent, and indirectly pay taxes. I doubt they put in more than they take out though. Whatever is left over surely gets wired back home.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:33 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,200,443 times
That is always an interesting debate, whether illegals put in more than they take out. Of course studies done by either side of the issue will often come up with very different results.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:48 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
"Why Don't Dems ever call illegals and welfare recipients "free riders"

Perhaps because longer multi-syllabic words don't strike terror in our hearts and we find little use for words that lack definitional clarity or accuracy. You seen an Illegal alien can be "free riders" or hard working tax paying illegal residents. A welfare recipient can be an individual whose has worked and paid taxes and who have suddenly finds themselves on the "dole", or they can be an individual who are as lazy and shiftless as they come. Lumping all illegals and all welfare recipients into some one size fits all description is just plain ignorant. You see the problem is that Democrats and liberals are capable of complex thoughts and analysis, so having to dumb every thing down to satiate the simple minded, just isn't our cup of tea (bag).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration