Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 07:53 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,678,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
that may be true for them. but for the US, walls are ineffective. its been proven already.

Not true, they work where they're already constructed. Keeping in mind the reason for the fence isn't to stop every single illegal alien who wants to invade the United States. The purpose of the fence is to slow down the criminals long enough for the border patrol to catch them.

Besides, the border is 2100 miles long. Maybe we should actually put up an entire fence before we rule it out as ineffective.

Old 10-13-2007, 07:56 PM

1,511 posts, read 978,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
Not true, they work where they're already constructed. Keeping in mind the reason for the fence isn't to stop every single illegal alien who wants to invade the United States. The purpose of the fence is to slow down the criminals long enough for the border patrol to catch them.

Besides, the border is 2100 miles long. Maybe we should actually put up an entire fence before we rule it out as ineffective.
they do not work where they are constructed. that is an untrue statement. southern california has one of the most fenced lengths of border, yet they also have one of the densest populations. they even fined a company in san diego for using illegals to build the fence. it is not an effective solution. so what is?

Old 10-13-2007, 07:56 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Quote:
well here's the solution: make the legal immigration process quick and free.
Do you realize how many people would come a knockin??

Old 10-13-2007, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApisces View Post
Wow. That took stupidity to a whole new level.

This guy is obviously a flamer or a troll.
please dont make any personal attacks or accusations. i believe that is against the forum rules.

i would like to know why my idea is stupid to you.

Old 10-13-2007, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Do you realize how many people would come a knockin??
probably the same amount that come across anyway. at least we can register them and make sure they dont have a criminal record. that is a plus, isnt it?

Old 10-13-2007, 08:00 PM

457 posts, read 431,581 times
Quote:
please dont make any personal attacks or accusations. i believe that is against the forum rules.

i would like to know why my idea is stupid to you.
I am not personally attacking you. I am stating a fact. You are only attempting to enflame the board by posting nonsensical solutions to a very real problem by posting endless "Well, Why?" rhetorical questions.

Be civil, no personal attacks, flaming, or insults

Old 10-13-2007, 08:01 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Quote:
probably the same amount that come across anyway. at least we can register them and make sure they dont have a criminal record. that is a plus, isnt it?
Probably? I'm thinking more like hundreds of millions, that wont work.

Old 10-13-2007, 08:01 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,678,600 times
Quote:
well here's the solution: make the legal immigration process quick and free. subject them to a background check, and if they pass, let them through. there would be no incentive to cross illegally like there is now (due to costs and wait times). the remaining "illegal" crossers would most likely be criminals, and easier to arrest and deport. yay

That would work great for Mexico, and her army of invading illegals, but it wouldn't be so good for the United States. Our underclass is too large as it is. Our middle class is shrinking more and more every year, and the primarily illiterate Mexicans illegals do absolutely nothing to change that by coming here. In short, overall they injure our economy, they certainly don't help it.

And as far as incentive goes, if the illegals knew they would be greeted with a M-16 and jailed in a tent city jail that would take away any incentive as well.

Old 10-13-2007, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApisces View Post
I am not personally attacking you. I am stating a fact. You are only attempting to enflame the board by posting nonsensical solutions to a very real problem by posting endless "Well, Why?" rhetorical questions.

Be civil, no personal attacks, flaming, or insults
how is my idea nonsensical? if i enflame a board with a difference of opinion, that is too bad. i am certainly allowed to have my own solutions. i am not breaking any rules, and i feel that i am able to reinforce my solutions with logic and reason (and history).

Old 10-13-2007, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Probably? I'm thinking more like hundreds of millions, that wont work.
what do you base that number off of?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration