Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 09:57 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,909,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Living in a such a repressive country like the U.S., I'm opposed to any border fence, fearful the day comes we'll be trapped here, no way to get out!

When anarchy swept Iran after disposal of the Shah, many were trapped there, unable to get out!

I can just see it! Anarchy/fascism sweeps the country, we all make a beeline for the Mexican border, now all fenced in! There we are, suitcases in hand, pounding on the border fences, while laughing Mexican border guards throw rocks at us!

thats exactly my position....

at what point does it become a fence not to keep illegals out....but to keep us in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2013, 10:37 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,988,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
please tell me how can you be against a Border Fence?

How can you be against it? don't play the race card, it has been the first and last card in the statist deck, a card you can no longer use.

If you have ever seen the old Iron Curtin (i.e. The Frontier Fence and killing zone that used to be the East German Border) or put your hand on the Berlin Wall when it still existed before 1989 and felt a feeling of forboding for you knew the blood that it spilled and the evil it represented. I for one don't want such an obscene gash an American Iron Curtin come down on the US Southern or in fact any US border. The German Democratic Republic was no beacon of Freedom and no Shining City on the Hill why should the USA join them behind a wall of fear. If we do the Stars and Stripes will be no more a banner of Liberty than The Red Banner with its Hammer and Sickle.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:51 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,740,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post

at what point does it become a fence not to keep illegals out....but to keep us in?
I ask myself that every day...

Old 06-18-2013, 10:52 PM

Quote:

How can you be against it? don't play the race card, it has been the first and last card in the statist deck, a card you can no longer use.
You want to draw a STATIC line...not even an arbitrary one...but to build a WALL...you CANNOT get more statist than that!

Old 06-18-2013, 10:52 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,275,143 times
Quote:

I'm against a border fence.

Old 06-18-2013, 11:28 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,740,227 times
Quote:
You want to draw a STATIC line...not even an arbitrary one...but to build a WALL...you CANNOT get more statist than that!
what the defence of a nation? how is that statist, is it not more statist to allow the flow of ideological similar voters to come into this nation and reduce it to a 3rd world nation?

Old 06-18-2013, 11:51 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,755,581 times
Quote:

...at a point which exists only in the imaginations of people who oppose a border fence but lack any good argument against it. If America ever deteriorates to the point that there is a reason to fence in the population, all will be lost anyway.

Old 06-18-2013, 11:52 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,490,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I'm against a border fence.
Read and re-read the OP

Old 06-18-2013, 11:55 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,490,401 times
Quote:

Lmfao

Paranoia isn't healthy bro, lighten up.

Old 06-19-2013, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
...at a point which exists only in the imaginations of people who oppose a border fence but lack any good argument against it.
Argument against it? Here's one...

It's stupid...The end

Would you fish with dynamite? Of course you wouldn't...and it would cost a lot more money than a rod and line...and it wouldn't work as well either. You might die along with the fish.

Why not just implement policy change? Ending birthright citizenship would cut the snakes head off in 1/16 of the time and for a billion (more?) dollars less.

How bout scaling back entitlements? How about declaring an official language?

But here is the elephant in the room....

Do you think the bureaucrats WANT to end a crisis that keeps them very well fed? Rightttttt.....

Hey what do you know... I just made a HANDFUL OF ARGUMENTS against it!!! Why? Because it's nothing but a leveraging of freedoms for US...that's it.

Quote:
If America ever deteriorates to the point that there is a reason to fence in the population, all will be lost anyway.
Did you wake up today? In the US?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration