Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 09:05 AM

1,730 posts, read 1,362,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
She's an American.
So? She's his daughter, maybe this story is fake I'm thinking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2013, 09:56 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,668,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Having a child in a country where you are not legally a citizen is really child abuse. I worked with countless children, who did not understand why their Daddies just up and left, and kept hoping they would come back.

It is voluntary family displacement, as cruel to children as slavery in the ante bellum south. Family units are meaningless, and casually discarded, this, from a culture that I thought valued family ties.

It is not the fault of the United States that people voluntarily created this diaspora of children born in the United States, and expect our country to ignore laws for the sake of the children, we did not create this problem, so don't blame us. Or expect us to fix your problem.

And really, there is no problem, if you are here illegally, and have a child, and are deported, there is no law that will require you to abandon your child, just take the kids back, to your country. What is the problem with this?
I agree 100%.

These parents endanger their own children and are ruthless.

Old 05-23-2013, 10:10 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,821,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
She's an American.
No she is the daughter of an ILLEGAL immigrant. We need to FIX that stupid law that allows the child of someone who is here ILLEGALLY to automatically be an American. To be honest, deporting the man and/or his family is far nicer than I would do if I were king.

If they swim, wade, dig, desert cross, or otherwise come to this country ILLEGALLY, completely disregarding our (this nation's) laws, they can get the hell out & NEVER be allowed back in. Another option would be to toss them out of the plane, in the middle of the Pacific and see if they can make it back into the country illegally.

If they can't obey the basic laws in this country, they should never be admitted, and certainly shouldn't be allowed to stay, especially if they are here illegally.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:40 AM

50,291 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
No she is the daughter of an ILLEGAL immigrant. We need to FIX that stupid law that allows the child of someone who is here ILLEGALLY to automatically be an American. To be honest, deporting the man and/or his family is far nicer than I would do if I were king.

If they swim, wade, dig, desert cross, or otherwise come to this country ILLEGALLY, completely disregarding our (this nation's) laws, they can get the hell out & NEVER be allowed back in. Another option would be to toss them out of the plane, in the middle of the Pacific and see if they can make it back into the country illegally.

If they can't obey the basic laws in this country, they should never be admitted, and certainly shouldn't be allowed to stay, especially if they are here illegally.

Evidently just touching the dirt here trumps everything. It doesn't matter if you come here legally, can add to the Country in any way shape or form so long as you can stand on the soil you've made all the debt to our Society you will ever be expected.

Old 05-23-2013, 12:45 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
We should fix that anchor baby law to say only legal residents' babies born in this country can become citizen.

Old 05-23-2013, 01:12 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
No sympathy.

You don't have to leave your kid in the United States!

In fact, having lived in America for 10+ years, you would expect to have developed some marketable skills, some English proficiency (hopefully!) that would increase employment prospects back home. In Mexico, the unemployment rate is lower than in the United States.

With new skills and a good job, living in Mexico aint half bad. I have remained in contact with friends made in Mexico during my last vacation there. They have quite a nice life.

Old 05-23-2013, 02:18 PM

11,760 posts, read 14,654,294 times
Really? The child is a citizen and yet the father could be deported.

I guess the child wasn't so much of an anchor after all.

Old 05-23-2013, 03:49 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Really? The child is a citizen and yet the father could be deported.

I guess the child wasn't so much of an anchor after all.
It is perceived by them that giving birth on our soil will anchor themselves unto our country though. They do anchor themselves unto our welfare coffers by giving birth here. This father must have committed a serious crime or he wouldn't have been deported because Obama has a hands off approach to illegal immigrants who haven't yet been convicted of a serious crime. I am sure there is more to this story than this girl is aware of.

Old 05-23-2013, 03:52 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,829,224 times
It's sad to read about this kind of stuff. Especially since the kids get to suffer from the irresponsible choices their parents made. It is possible to legally immigrate to America, I really don't understand why people insist on living practically with one foot in and one foot out the door. It's dangerous, economically unstable and overall just hard on the people they love.

Old 05-23-2013, 03:59 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Everyone here had.... and now have a choice. The only choice they never had, was to stay here and play US citizen for fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration