Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 02:27 PM

447 posts, read 798,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Put it this way.. if you disagree the majority of this board. They will bad rep you like there's no mañana. Trust me I know.

prologic..i have never bad repped you, nor anyone else.in fact, amazingly, sometimes i do agree with some of your posts, but most of the time wonder where you are coming from, or whose side you are on.....
this is the american way, to allow people to voice their opinions, and to respect their right to do so....

Old 11-04-2007, 02:28 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,952,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivski View Post
prologic..i have never bad repped you, nor anyone else.in fact, amazingly, sometimes i do agree with some of your posts, but most of the time wonder where you are coming from, or whose side you are on.....
this is the american way, to allow people to voice their opinions, and to respect their right to do so....

I'll be MORE than happy to show you a picture of my reputation status. If that is allowed with the moderators.

Old 11-04-2007, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raelynn View Post
Originally Posted by raelynn
I think that you should check your facts because my significant other is in fact LEGAL! He was born in the US, has a social security card, he pays his taxes without appyling for anything like an id number or whatever. I don't need to apply for a hardship waiver because my boyfriend and I are not expericing any hardships!!!

DE FACTO means in effect but not formally recognized.

Yes, English is the DE FACTO language of the US but google it and do some research. There are over 300 languages spoken in the US everyday. Research this and really try to come back with something better then that.

And also before you start talking trash about anything you should research it before you start talking!!

ok..there you go again...making my blood boil...but thats ok, because my forefathers and my immediate family memeber have fought and died to give you your right to free speech...but as i respect your rights, i also believe you should respect others rights to beleive what they do and their right to free speech.
what i have seen here is not that.
maybe you should google some facts too.
peace be with you...and also to you.

This post was for the simple fact that she attacked me. If you read her post to me it was definitly a personal attack. Which from another post i think that this person also might have thought i was another person. Please read her first post before saying that I try to start arguements because this person obviously started it. Telling me that i should apply for a hardship waiver because I'm going to need one. My boyfriend and I are both legal and are entitled to everything here. So are you saying its ok for this person to personally attack me for posting that the English language isnt our offical language. Also did you noticed that Nativedallasite didnt respond to my post. Really I honestly want to know Do you think its ok for her to say what she said to me personally attacking me and me not to respond??? I'm curious.

i did read the post, and do agree that people are angry, and sometimes that anger is hard to get past...maybe she was confused...i get confused sometimes too, dont you? maybe she didnt begin with the original thread and read throught he rest, before posting , i have been guilty of this also...have you? but when you post you should expect a response.
if it isnt one you dont like, then prepare yourself before speaking...what i was getting at in my reply was that there are millions of websites out there that can give you facts on this issue, i'd like for you to research some of the victims websites, you may well be legal, does that mean you were born in america, or somewhere else?
doesnt matter, if you are a legal immgrant i applaud your effort, and if you are an american born citizen, then i do question why you are pro illegal....doesnt the loss of your country bother you even one little bit?

Old 11-04-2007, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raelynn View Post
I am going to agree with you that illegals have none of these rights, but the legal immigrants do. So it is not right to force them to learn a language that is not officially established as our language. Thats all I'm saying.
in order to be a naturalized american citizen, there is a test...one of the requirements for passing this test is the ability to speak english...the immigration law does not force people who only want to live here without taking up citizenship to do this,,, but it does require people who want to be american to.

Old 11-04-2007, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I'll be MORE than happy to show you a picture of my reputation status. If that is allowed with the moderators.
not one of those bad reps were from me...were they?
if you were bad repped people must have believed you deserved it. sorry if you dont like my answer, it's just my opinion.

Old 11-04-2007, 04:17 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,607,550 times
Quote:
if you were bad repped people must have believed you deserved it. sorry if you dont like my answer, it's just my opinion.
He gave me a bad rep and didn't sign his name, but admitted it. I'm still pondering whether to give him a bad rep back, but don't want to stoop down to his level.

Still waiting for a response from Raelynn on my post

Old 11-04-2007, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb68 View Post
He gave me a bad rep and didn't sign his name, but admitted it. I'm still pondering whether to give him a bad rep back, but don't want to stoop down to his level.

i dont even know how to give someone a bad rep...dont really care to learn either, because he does have the right to have an opinion...even if i dont always agree with what he says.
let it roll off your back...not worth it.

and i'm still waiting on raelynn myself....

Old 11-04-2007, 10:15 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,173 times
Quote:
and as for english not being the official language....well it is the most common language..whats so wrong with immigrants, illegal or legal learning the common language so they can communicate with the people of that nation? doesnt seem so wrong to me.....
Couldn't have said it better myself. Not only is it the most common language in the US (not official on a technicality due to Puerto Rico), but is the most common second language IN THE WORLD. Many, many other countries' students are FORCED to know English before they graduate from high school. I went to dinner earlier tonight and couldn't understand a damn word the waiter said, and he had a hard time understanding me. This is WAY too common these days, and it's situations like these I'm getting sick of.

Old 11-04-2007, 10:20 PM

Quote:
I actually got bad repped by someone claiming that a 17 year old had an invalid opinion on everything. You old people you.. who do you think will be running the country when you die?

Old 11-04-2007, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb68 View Post

I didn't know I was supposed to leave my name? I may have a lot of posts but still not familiar with "The ways" of the forum. No one has ever left their name when they bad repped me.. maybe one or two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration