Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 02:16 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Oh they are going to pass amnesty.
And there will be nothing done to prevent the next batch of illegal growth.

And they will flood the social programs.

And that is just the reality of what will happen.
I don't think it's going to happen this year but eventually it will, probably. I'm just glad I have no children and therefore no stake in the future past my own lifetime. We're racing to the bottom in this country and it sucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 02:28 PM

442 posts, read 800,551 times
^They probably said that in the 80s, too. Not that I support this amnesty stuff but yeah, you know what I mean. Each generation has their thing. America will always prevail.

Old 06-10-2013, 02:43 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by franklin_mac View Post
^They probably said that in the 80s, too. Not that I support this amnesty stuff but yeah, you know what I mean. Each generation has their thing. America will always prevail.
This time around though there are at least quadruple the number of illegals to be amnestied and we have 23 million Americans out of work. American may prevail but it won't be anything we recognize. I have no desire for us to become a third world country.

Old 06-10-2013, 07:28 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
IMHO some Dream Act people will get amnesty; MOST illegal aliens will be out of luck.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:27 AM

559 posts, read 1,356,419 times
There are things that we can do, follow the current laws. My kids could not get into school without me proving residency, if you can't provide proof of residency AND vaccines, you do not belong in our schools. In NJ the average cost per pupil is 14,000. Between the illegals, pension padders, double dippers and half million dollar sick time payouts is killing this State. We simply can not afford it.

If we allow amnesty to the 30 Plus million Hispanics, can we stop legal immigration from these Countries of 20 years so that the USA melting pot has a chance?

Companies should be fined for hiring illegals and homeowners need to confirm that their contractors workers are legal. If not for any other reason except if they get hurt on your property, they may own it!

End Birth right citizenship

Take all the Pit bulls languishing in our shelters and put them on border patrol.

Old 06-12-2013, 12:18 PM

938 posts, read 1,515,379 times
Illegal immigrant kids didn't have a say in coming here, and can't go back to Mexico unless their illegal parents give them illegally-earned money to take a plane trip to Mexico. So let's say that we bar illegal immigrant kids from going to school, but the illegal immigrant parents who don't value education want to stay in the U.S. What happens to these illegal immigrant kids? Let them wander the streets?

Old 06-12-2013, 12:53 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,788,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Millennium View Post
Or shall we continue with the status quo? What does that solve? If there is a realistic solution I'd love to hear it.

The problem of illegal immigration is such an enormous epic fail on the part of our government. We're simply at a point of no return. Time to wave the white flag but make big changes moving forward. Securing the border being #1. Then taking some pointers about how other countries successfully and humanely enforce their immigration policies.

I'm not hysterical as some here... I don't think it's "the beginning of the end" of the USA as we know it.

Mexicans are some of the friendliest and hardworking people I've encountered growing up in California. Hardly the worst "invaders" we can have. The criminals and takers are the vast minority; unlike what seems to be depicted in this section.
The reason illegal immigration is such a problem, is that we allow these people to get away with it! We allow them to come here, collect food stamps, and other subsidies, and live and work with impunity. If we enforced our laws, did not allow illegals to collect any kind of subsidies, they would self-deport.

Better, would be, to not allow illegal immigrant children to go to our schools (paid for the by the U.S. tax payer), and not allow them to use our hospitals. Make it illegal to rent to an illegal, and prosecute those, including church personnel for assisting these fugitives. Illegals are the primary reason why the economy is so bad: They drive down pay scales, increase unemployment, deplete subsidies, and commit crime--much of our prison population is foreign born. They have a direct effect on our budget, driving up school and subsidy expense.

Old 06-12-2013, 01:20 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usuario View Post
Illegal immigrant kids didn't have a say in coming here, and can't go back to Mexico unless their illegal parents give them illegally-earned money to take a plane trip to Mexico. So let's say that we bar illegal immigrant kids from going to school, but the illegal immigrant parents who don't value education want to stay in the U.S. What happens to these illegal immigrant kids? Let them wander the streets?

There is no need or reason for these kids to go back to their homelands without their parents. Afterall, their parents are here illegally also. We keep hearing the weeping and moaning about separation of families when the solution is right in the above.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:32 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usuario View Post
Still -- having lawbreaking parents should not get them ahead of all those who would like to immigrate here legally and have to have employer sponsors as well as needed job skills.

They have schools in other countries, and almost all the countries the illegals are from have schools.

Enforcement of the laws would get the parents with their children returned home and the kids can go to school there.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:44 AM

50,291 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I would rather continue with the status quo and here are the reasons why. 1. There are far too many to amnesty this time around and we have 23 million Americans out of work. 2. Once legalized they will be able to tap into our welfare coffers for themselves not just their anchor babies. 3. If put on a path to citizenship they would be able to sponsor their relatives to come here. 4. It will just encourage more illegals to come here unless we remove all incentives for more to come such as jobs, benefits and birthright citizenship. Our border will never be completely secured unless we build that double layered fence that was promised by congress years. ago.

What does Mexicans being friendly and hardworking have to do with this? We are talking about the ones that violated our immigration laws. There is no one group anyway that can be classified as such. There are good and bad people in every group. They have taken Americans jobs and used fake or stolen ID's to do so. Either that or they have worked under the table avoiding taxes. That isn't criminal to you?

This invasion has altered our culture in many places and diluted our language. Many of them refuse to learn or speak English even if they know Engish and won't assimilate. They don't want to be Americans but Mexicans living in America. They just bring their culture of corruption here.

I will never wave the white flag of surrender to these people and no I am not being hysterical but realistic.
I've stated that multiple times. Few Illegals have an interest in becoming an American. They would be quite happy with just having a shield against deportation while allowing them to keep 100% of their culture including their language.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration