Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 02:49 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
...don't ever let your schooling get in the way of educating yourself.
I'm also a graduate of the school of Hard Knocks; Virginia campus.

a couple of courses i took in my 17 years in VA is how illegals can ruin an area and how policitians will kiss their behind to get votes. C'mon i live in the country's newest sanctuary city, Alexandria.

Huckabee will not get a vote from me even if most of my church is voting for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2007, 03:04 AM

1,252 posts, read 1,048,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
I'm also a graduate of the school of Hard Knocks; Virginia campus.

a couple of courses i took in my 17 years in VA is how illegals can ruin an area and how policitians will kiss their behind to get votes. C'mon i live in the country's newest sanctuary city, Alexandria.

Huckabee will not get a vote from me even if most of my church is voting for him.
So what's the hate all about? You call it 'displeasure' one time, but hate is what's posted up there by your name?

You hate an area code? ....you hate all the people who live in an area code?

Seems like, as educated as you think you are, you'd elucidate what that hate is all about a bit better than adopting a hip hop slogan that's bandied about that is used to denote all kinds of different things.

Old 12-11-2007, 04:04 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
So what's the hate all about? You call it 'displeasure' one time, but hate is what's posted up there by your name?

Seems like, as educated as you think you are, you'd elucidate what that hate is all about a bit better than adopting a hip hop slogan that's bandied about that is used to denote all kinds of different things.
All i'm saying is that i don't like living in Northern VA. In fact i pretty much hate it. The quality of life here is IMO terrible and illegals contribute to it a whole lot.

You call me uneducated? If you more educated yourself you would be focused on what i have to say in my posts instead of harping and pointing at the six word caption i have under my name. Just my note, my posts come from the best place to get education from, experience.

And really there is no real battle or war against Southern VA and Northern VA. And you can't say that there is b/c you don't live here.

Old 12-11-2007, 05:43 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
...don't ever let your schooling get in the way of educating yourself.

And, allen boy, I don't know where you get the east coast west coast thing, I knew it was a Virginia thing, ....It's just that it's revealing that you would announce your hate for whole segments of varied people from another area just because of their area code.

But, you're the smart guy, you must have that figured out. Perhaps you could explain why you call your 'displeasure' hate?
I, too am from the Wash DC area (area code 703) ; lived in Calif from 1978-89 and now in Arizona---------I tend to side with Alanboy395 here.

The biggest difference that I can see between he and I is that we are of different races--------yet, we both are patriotic Americans!

Old 12-11-2007, 05:49 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:

In a nutshell: what part of 'illegal' do you not understand?

Us Americans are tired of our country being overrun by those invaders and we will do what it takes to reclaim our land.

Suffice to say: I pray that our so-called 'leaders' wake up--------otherwise, things will get ugly, very ugly.

The only way that I as an individual would be accepting of, say, millions of illegals from Mexico would be to see that country placed under US control--------lock, stock and barrel.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:18 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,508,923 times
Quote:

Excuse me???? Alanboy is one of the most fair and balanced folks on this forum. Just because you don't agree with him does not give you the right to discredit him. I for one hate the direction our country is going. And one of the big factors in the decline of our nation is the illegal invasion. You have the right to feel otherwise if you like but the fact is we have a problem. Those like Alanboy that live in the thick of it know what it's like. They have a right to hate what's happened to their city.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:25 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,166,264 times
Would you hate all the associated problems with horribly overcrowded houses, too many cars and kids running wild? Would you hate if your child was suddenly ignored in school because he/she is one of the few speaking English? Would you hate huge property tax increases to pay for those schools and hosptals? Would you hate getting hit by a driver with no insurance, driver's license, stolen license plates and a fake inspection sticker?

How about gunshots in the night, would you hate that?

Old 12-11-2007, 08:27 AM

3,589 posts, read 4,149,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
Illegals in California won't be going anywhere regardless of the new president. They are to vital to our economy.
They're vital to YOURS, you mean. You profit from exploiting illegal labor. You have nothing to say about this issue since you have an obvious financial interest in them staying here.

You are part of the problem.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:29 AM

3,589 posts, read 4,149,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I also believe in amnesty for illegals who have been living here for 3 years or longer. Just fine them x amount of money, and then you can use that money to secure the borders. Simple as that.
Oh sure, it'll be as effective as the last amnesty. You wouldn't remember that...it happened before you were born.

Old 12-11-2007, 04:03 PM

1,252 posts, read 1,048,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
The quality of life here is IMO terrible and illegals contribute to it a whole lot.
Simple wasn't it, alan boy

All I asked is what the hate was about, took a bit, but you finally answered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration