Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 09:42 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribster View Post
Attacks are one thing, death is another.
The Minutemen are accused of shooting Mexicans trying to cross the border, which is a blatant lie. In all the years the Minutemen have been selflessly protecting the border not one such incident has occured. Yet, the wholesale salughter of innocent Americans continue. Where's the outrage???
I'm not sure how accurate these figures are, but this has been discussed before on this forum, under the general subject of "crime committed by illegals". The conversation basically went in circles, but as I recall, the general consensus was that "MOST illegals are not violent criminals. MOST illegals never kill anyone, American or otherwise....so the few who ARE "rotten apples" aren't important. Besides THAT, America is a violent place, and Americans kill each OTHER quite frequently....so, even if illegals DO occasionally kill Americans, it's not really a 'big thing', because we should be USED TO the violence".....

I never really 'got' the point of all that, but, as I recall, that was the argument, as it was presented.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2008, 11:42 AM

185 posts, read 355,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I'm not sure how accurate these figures are, but this has been discussed before on this forum, under the general subject of "crime committed by illegals". The conversation basically went in circles, but as I recall, the general consensus was that "MOST illegals are not violent criminals. MOST illegals never kill anyone, American or otherwise....so the few who ARE "rotten apples" aren't important. Besides THAT, America is a violent place, and Americans kill each OTHER quite frequently....so, even if illegals DO occasionally kill Americans, it's not really a 'big thing', because we should be USED TO the violence".....

I never really 'got' the point of all that, but, as I recall, that was the argument, as it was presented.
You justify importing foreign murderers because we have more than enough domestic murderers? THAT makes no sense to me.

The point is that the deaths of thousands of Americans at the hands of illegals are 100% PREVENTABLE if we would enforce our laws and secure the border so they wouldn't be here in the first place.

There was an attack by an illegal alien in Las Vegas the end of 2007. He was screaming like a banshee while hacking up his girlfriend and her two children with a machete;

At about 8:43 p.m. Thursday night, investigators said Cruz -- who also goes by "Jaime" and the last name of "Garcia" -- attacked three people with the blade, killing his 46-year-old girlfriend, severing the arm and finger of her 27-year-old son and injuring her 12-year-old daughter.

Police Catch Man Accused Of Machete Attack - Local News Story - KVVU Las Vegas

What did she do to deserve this violent death? She committed the cardinal sin of disrespecting the proud latino by telling him not to come to her house drunk.
This is another problem, this guy is a savage that belongs in a jungle, not in an American urban area. Civilized and uncivilized don't mix.

If you saw him in a DL site he would be another poor immgrant (it's PC to drop the "illegal") "just here to work." How many more primitive savages like him roving our streets and crossing the border as I type?

Old 06-04-2008, 12:14 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,750,800 times
Quote:
You justify importing foreign murderers because we have more than enough domestic murderers? THAT makes no sense to me.

The point is that the deaths of thousands of Americans at the hands of illegals are 100% PREVENTABLE if we would enforce our laws and secure the border so they wouldn't be here in the first place.

There was an attack by an illegal alien in Las Vegas the end of 2007. He was screaming like a banshee while hacking up his girlfriend and her two children with a machete;

At about 8:43 p.m. Thursday night, investigators said Cruz -- who also goes by "Jaime" and the last name of "Garcia" -- attacked three people with the blade, killing his 46-year-old girlfriend, severing the arm and finger of her 27-year-old son and injuring her 12-year-old daughter.

What did she do to deserve this violent death? She committed the cardinal sin of disrespecting the proud latino by telling him not to come to her house drunk. This is another problem, this guy is a savage that belongs in a jungle, not in an American urban area. Civilized and uncivilized don't mix.

If you saw him in a DL site he would be another poor immgrant (it's PC to drop the "illegal") "just here to work." How many more primitive savages like him roving our streets and crossing the border as I type?
Ummm...perhaps you haven't read many of Mac's posts?

He has a really sarky sense of humor....

Old 06-04-2008, 12:16 PM

Quote:

What did she do to deserve this violent death? She committed the cardinal sin of disrespecting the proud latino by telling him not to come to her house drunk.
This is another problem, this guy is a savage that belongs in a jungle, not in an American urban area. Civilized and uncivilized don't mix.

No, you apparently 'misread' me.....I don't justify 'importing murderers', I'm reporting to you what was SAID on the subject.

In my view, "domestic" crime and "illegal immigrant" crime are two entirely different issues, despite attempts by some to equate them as 'inevitable' and 'just the same'. They are neither.

"Domestic crime" is done by "our" criminals, and we must deal with them. "Illegal crime" (THERE'S a euphemism for you) is done by someone ELSE'S criminals, and the costs shouldn't be ours to deal with.

It's no different from any other situation of 'ours' vs 'theirs'. If YOUR 'rotten', out-of-control teenager trashes your house, you are 'stuck' with the bill, (and with the 'kid'). If MY 'rotten' out-of-control teenager trashes YOUR house, it's not YOUR responsibility, it's mine. All YOU are obligated to do is send him home, and give ME the "bill" for your damages. It's MY job to repair your damages, AND to deal with "my' kid....Two "rotten kids", yet two very different responsible parties.

Old 06-04-2008, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Ummm...perhaps you haven't read many of Mac's posts?

He has a really sarky sense of humor....
Thanks for the 'backup'....but I assure you, no sarcasm, and no humor, was intended. As you'll recall, what I just wrote (above) REALLY WAS the viewpoint of many posters on that subject....it may be hard to fathom, but it sure isn't "funny"....maybe the sheer "outrageousness" of it makes it SOUND like sarcasm.. ?

Old 06-04-2008, 02:49 PM

185 posts, read 355,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Thanks for the 'backup'....but I assure you, no sarcasm, and no humor, was intended. As you'll recall, what I just wrote (above) REALLY WAS the viewpoint of many posters on that subject....it may be hard to fathom, but it sure isn't "funny"....maybe the sheer "outrageousness" of it makes it SOUND like sarcasm.. ?
Sorry Mac. I do this from work and in my haste I didn't look at the name of the person to whom I replied. I have given you many positive ratings in the past, would have been many more if it weren't for "having to spread the reputation around." I didn't catch the third person point of view.

Anyway, I got a few more words out on the subject.

Stay vigilant! I always enjoy your post's...........when I understand them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration