Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 05:39 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,454,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Mockery and sarcasm doesn't help your case in any way. We need to elect a president who will stand up for the rule of law and enforce our immigration laws and I don't care what party they are affiliated with. Wouldn't you want that also?
Apologies, am not making fun of you (at least not in this case), it's just my usual (failed) attempt at lightening things up while among the 'torch and pitchfork' crowd! Although frankly it's actually pretty difficult to remain 'serious' in the face of such obvious "De Nile". 'Cuz all I ever hear is just a bunch of fantasy "wish lists" for 'fixing' immigration, along with vague accusations that Democrats are some kinda "enablers" (at best, when in fact they're the only ones actually trying to DO anything about the problem)!

Though just like all the carping about Jeb (a Republican no less!), there's still not a single example of these many mythical stalwarts on the Right who are somehow gonna make the country safe for God, Country, and 'native' Americans?!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2015, 07:09 PM

62,931 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Apologies, am not making fun of you (at least not in this case), it's just my usual (failed) attempt at lightening things up while among the 'torch and pitchfork' crowd! Although frankly it's actually pretty difficult to remain 'serious' in the face of such obvious "De Nile". 'Cuz all I ever hear is just a bunch of fantasy "wish lists" for 'fixing' immigration, along with vague accusations that Democrats are some kinda "enablers" (at best, when in fact they're the only ones actually trying to DO anything about the problem)!

Though just like all the carping about Jeb (a Republican no less!), there's still not a single example of these many mythical stalwarts on the Right who are somehow gonna make the country safe for God, Country, and 'native' Americans?!!
It's better to do nothing than to grant stays of deportations like Obama has. That's rewarding them for breaking our immigration laws and just encourages more to come. That IS enabling illegal immigration. I think you will see in the future there will be a push (and I hope it is a joint party effort) to rid this country of illegal aliens by removing the incentives for them to remain here and continue to come here. I am sorry but when anyone jokes about illegal immigration and how difficult it is for us to make our politicians/government to respect and enforce our immigration laws it makes my blood boil. We have so many unemployed Americans and those who have lost their jobs or had their wages reduced by illegal immigration and our taxes going thru the roof paying for their social costs it just makes me sick. Not only that but their arrogance and demands on our country is just what makes us more hardened towards them. I have a feeling what your mockeries of this issue means and I also think I know the reasons why. If I'm wrong then please correct me.

Old 01-31-2015, 07:54 PM

22,469 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:
Don't worry, it's unlikely that "half-Puerto Ricans" are the particular 'hispanics' they're trying to "pander" to!

Mexican Americans comprise 64.1% of all Hispanics
Interesting, that you would go out of your way to learn of my background

Politicians lump all of Hispanic descent into one group and treats us all as a monolith that thinks alike. In other words, they think that all Hispanics want amnesty and march in lockstep with La Raza. I find that insulting to be stereotyped in such a way.

If anything, I will vote for a candidate who takes a hard line against illegal immigration.

Old 01-31-2015, 08:01 PM

22,469 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:

If you call rewarding lawbreakers as trying to do "anything about the problem"....then that's exactly what dems are trying to do. They've fought tooth and nail to prevent E-verify from being the law of the land. They've also have fought against tweaking E-verify to better pick up fraud. I could go on and on. All that they do amounts to enabling illegal aliens.

Why is it a "fantasy" to talk about making life so tough for illegals that they will leave on their own accord? We already have laws on the books that need to be enforced but currently are not.

I'm sorry that you don't take illegal immigration seriously. Thus, I have to wonder why it is that you feel this way.

Old 01-31-2015, 08:11 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,966,662 times
OldGlory" I am sorry but when anyone jokes about illegal immigration and how difficult it is for us to make our politicians/government to respect and enforce our immigration laws it makes my blood boil. We have so many unemployed Americans and those who have lost their jobs or had their wages reduced by illegal immigration "

Nonsense, stated well by Linda Chavez, a very conservative NY POst columnist
"Wages have stagnated for working-class Americans in recent decades, not because immigrants are stealing good paying jobs, but because our economy has changed.
The economy increasingly rewards workers who have the most education. Those who have inferior education credentials (determined both by quantity and quality) suffer. But other factors have played a role, too."

The GOP’s jobs problem | New York Post

Old 01-31-2015, 08:38 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times
Default Pubs shouldn't worry about where Jeb's allegiances are

Like his brother, Jeb Bush is all about saying one thing to get elected, while doing something entirely different once in office. He may SAY that he's for legalizing illegal aliens to sucker in support, give the impression he's for the little guy, when in actuality, he's no better than Dubya. You Republicans should already know this, and it's not surprising that you don't.

Jeb is just Dubya II. Dubya II means: pretend to be moderate, while really being far right. It's the new strategy by the GOP to counter shrinking support for the Conservative ideology.

Old 01-31-2015, 09:37 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
OldGlory" I am sorry but when anyone jokes about illegal immigration and how difficult it is for us to make our politicians/government to respect and enforce our immigration laws it makes my blood boil. We have so many unemployed Americans and those who have lost their jobs or had their wages reduced by illegal immigration "

Nonsense, stated well by Linda Chavez, a very conservative NY POst columnist
"Wages have stagnated for working-class Americans in recent decades, not because immigrants are stealing good paying jobs, but because our economy has changed.
The economy increasingly rewards workers who have the most education. Those who have inferior education credentials (determined both by quantity and quality) suffer. But other factors have played a role, too."

The GOP’s jobs problem | New York Post
Still NO reason to allow illegal aliens to stay in the US.

Old 01-31-2015, 10:47 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,706 times
If the GOP trots out Jeb Bush as the Republican nominee, they can plan on another defeat. Too many people, including myself have no use for him and basically will not turn out to vote for him..

Old 02-01-2015, 12:15 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,966,662 times
Texas has a few votes to spare, freightshaker. Now if you lived in a swing state...

Old 02-01-2015, 07:53 AM

62,931 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Linda Chavez said "immigrants" not illegal aliens. Big difference! Hiring illegal aliens is against the law so it doesn't matter who thinks it is a good thing for our country for them to be here, bottom line. And yes, illegal alien labor has stagnated American wages. When you have a group willing to work for less that is only common sense economics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration