Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 11:43 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times

Advertisements

What happens when all these illegals start getting too old to work? Those who aren't already getting food stamps and Medicaid that is.

They aren't building up a Mexican government pension -- so how are they going back? They may have paid into social security IF they committed felony document fraud and ID theft AND their illegal employer actually sent the money in -- not too likely.

So -- will the Americans who will see social security collapse have to provide for elderly illegals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2008, 12:27 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,678,600 times
Bush has been pushing a social security totalization treaty with Mexico for years. The republicans have pretty much squashed it until now. But with the democrats retaking congress, as soon as the elections over I wouldn't be surprised to see them somehow wrap this up into NAFTA.

Center for Immigration Studies

This would basically give social security to illegal aliens outright.

Old 01-19-2008, 01:49 PM

4,834 posts, read 6,122,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
Bush has been pushing a social security totalization treaty with Mexico for years. The republicans have pretty much squashed it until now. But with the democrats retaking congress, as soon as the elections over I wouldn't be surprised to see them somehow wrap this up into NAFTA.

Center for Immigration Studies

This would basically give social security to illegal aliens outright.
Please excuse me while i go and load my shotgun. I hear Aie Yie Yie Yie coming from someone's radio.

If the government thinks I am going to pay for some illegal ******* they have another "think" coming.

Old 01-19-2008, 07:14 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,089,314 times
There are all kinds of disabled illegals here who cannot pay for their care. USC medical center in Los Angeles has constant violent attack injuries going in their ER. Many end up in wheel chairs or need other intensive physical therapies. Then there are elderly illegals, illegals of all ages who get serious disease. Who do you think pays for all this chronic health care for illegals? Who pays for their yearly support? America is paying for it somehow, and I read that if illegals are given z-visa status, their relatives from Mexico can be elibible for social security....which was a shock to read.

Old 03-13-2008, 08:40 PM

57 posts, read 304,319 times
Illegals at age 65 can legally collect SSI, that's in California $888 per month per individual.
If the a non-fully legalized immigrant, or migrant worker has a Sponsor, they can collect SSI.
The relatives directly living with the reciepient can also collect SSI.
It right now, is not really that easy for an illegal to collect SSI.
However, after November 2008, no matter which of the 3 Top Candidates for Pres., ALL are going to Pass Amnesty or as it is called, Comprehensive Immigration, DREAM, or what name they choose, THEN ALL, EVERY SINGLE LEGALIZED Immigrant Will Qualify for SSI...As well as their spouse, all their children, their Mother and Father, and in many cases their close relatives, like Aunt's and Uncle's or Cousin's or Sister's and Brother's IF the Individual Applying and Qualifying for SSI is the Head of the Household and all are DEPENDENT upon that person for sustaining them.
That is in California right now, $888 per person, as of this date 2008. There are I believe 2 more C.O.L.A.'s left. The 1st COLA was on Janurary 1st, 2008, with 2 more to follow.
The newly legalized immigrants CAN own a property of ANY VALUE. 1 Property. It becomes questionable if the legalized immigrant owns more than one UNLESS they can Prove that the extra property/properties are being used for Food Growth for their Food, Shelter necessities.
My thoughts, growing up all my life in Los Angeles, now living up North in Cali., is that there will be 'lines' a block or 2 long outside Social Security Offices.
Remember, these people have been working real hard and unable in many/most circumstances not-able to collect any compensation for injuries, and they will Begin to Apply, Qualify and Collect all the Entitlements that were out of reach or harder to get.
If one was to multiply say, $800 and add in the rest of a persons family of say, 10 people, well do the math, and you have enough to live on pretty well.
In California you have SSI plus SSP. In other States you have SSI plus Food Stamps.
And YOU always get MediCal when you get SSI, until you are 65, then you get MediCare.
You do not ever have to had to work a single day in your life for SSI.
With SSDI, if the President decides to let the newly legalized immigrants count their Credits that they have worked prior to Amnesty, then they will qualify for the Larger Checks of SSDI.
In many cases the person get's BOTH SSI plus SSDI, as well as their family members living with them, PLUS IHSS.
In Home Supportive Services. Cleaning of the residence, shopping for them, driven around.
I hope the taxpayers of the US can actually pay more taxes to pay the new reciepients of SSI, SSDI, IHSS and Medical, there will be millions, newly on checks.
I have learned ALOT by living around my neighbors in my very small town, that have lived here all their lives, inherited their homes, never worked, gone on CalWorks until the end of the 5 Year Lifetime Limit only to move Straight to SSI.
They definately live way, way better than me.
They pay absolutely NO taxes either. SSI pays NO taxes. SSDI does, Social Security Retirement for the Retired worker pays taxes, but SSI pays NO taxes.
Their property taxes are basically given back to them at the end of the year in Low Income Property Tax Assistance refunds.
The California State Budget had to CUT schools, teachers, State of California Park Services and Park Service Workers, and lots of other State programs, just to make way for the 3 COLA's and the continued pumping in of funds to CalWorks, SSI, IHSS, MediCal, Aids, and MORE and Better Access to MediCal Clinics, with expansion of more MediCal based clinics for the CalWorks, TANF & SSI's to have it easier to get services and MED's and treatment, like liposuction, that is covered by MediCal for TANF, CalWorks, SSI beneficiaries.
I know a lady that ATE herself into morbid obesity during her CalWorks and EBT Dignity Food Stamp Card 5 years, so she was quickly able to get right onto SSI for the rest of her life.
Remember these people on SSI can go on SSI for LIFE, plus all the family. Spouse caring for a child under age 16 unless the child is disabled, like anxiety disorders or depression, then the child will keep getting a check till' 18 and probably qualify for lifetime SSI checks after that if they are still depressed.
Lots of people depressed out there, the stats show that the LARGEST portion of SSI is for Mental Other, which can be depression.
I know a lady that gets SSI for taking too much Meth and gets SSI for the depression caused by being addicted to the Meth.
I know another person that got into a drunk driving crash, the person caused it, injured the other person and their child, and came out with SSI for life after they ran into them drunk.
Here is something to always remember about SSI, always remember this---->>>>>
NO WAY, can you 'attach' a SSI check. NO WAY, not for anything. So, if you sue an SSI person, you will not get a penny, not even from their real estate property, with filing a lien on their property, just try, you will be waiting forever and never get a thing.
All they, the SSI has to do is claim hardship and they can just stay living in their home for free on the SSI and pay nothing ever.
So, if a person on SSI runs into you, you get all messed up, your family gets messed up, YOU WILL NOT GET A PENNY. EVER.
I know a guy that ran down a dance teacher and her daughter, she got NOTHING, from the SSI.
He still get's his SSI check every month, has never paid a penny of his fine, has a Warrent, still get's his SSI check on time every single month, and just got a free HUD apartment too.

Old 03-13-2008, 08:51 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,135,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBatz View Post
Please excuse me while i go and load my shotgun. I hear Aie Yie Yie Yie coming from someone's radio.

If the government thinks I am going to pay for some illegal ******* they have another "think" coming.
The ones working under stolen or loaned SS #'s are putting money into America's SS, just thought you'd might like to know.

Old 03-13-2008, 09:08 PM

57 posts, read 304,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
The ones working under stolen or loaned SS #'s are putting money into America's SS, just thought you'd might like to know.
Oh yes, and if the Original Kennedy/McCain Bill was to pass, they would get EVERY SINGLE PENNY OF THAT MONEY BACK, that they paid into Social Security in Hugh Windfall Checks, check that Bill
More than likely, when the Amnesty is passed, probably in early 2009', they will get all that stolen Social Security money back. That's alot of money.
Not to worry for those on SSI, they pay Zero taxes.

Old 03-13-2008, 09:09 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,094,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
Absolutely nothing. Medicare fraud is happening by legal immigrants, US Citizens, and illegal immigrants. But illegal immigrants are not legally eligible for Medicare. However money for fraud enforcement is low.
Just as long as it's there when I need it

Old 03-13-2008, 09:40 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSIwillbebrokeby2010 View Post
Oh yes, and if the Original Kennedy/McCain Bill was to pass, they would get EVERY SINGLE PENNY OF THAT MONEY BACK, that they paid into Social Security in Hugh Windfall Checks, check that Bill
More than likely, when the Amnesty is passed, probably in early 2009', they will get all that stolen Social Security money back. That's alot of money.
Not to worry for those on SSI, they pay Zero taxes.
I doubt that we will see an amnesty--------the collapsing economy will see to that.

Old 03-13-2008, 10:19 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
Only if you assume the dishonest crook who hired them knowing they were really illegal is actually paying in the social security they might have deducted from their pay. And you can bet a great number of the employers pocket this money because after all -- who would ever know they didn't? The illegal isn't going to get a yearly SS tax statement like the rest of us do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration