Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 02:05 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,528,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Bums come in all shapes, saying Mexicans...is a little different of an experience.
Again, you missed my point.

When one is encountered by people, who as a group, express aspects of culture through their actions, it is natural to associate people who are members of that group with its corresponding culture. This is not prejudicial. It is learned through experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2008, 02:08 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,501,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Again, you missed my point.

When one is encountered by people, who as a group, express aspects of culture through their actions, it is natural to associate people who are members of that group with its corresponding culture. This is not prejudicial. It is learned through experience.
Yeah but your analogy of bums is not a culture or a particular nationality, race, gender...

A learned response to a stimulus is obvious psychology 101, however, a learned response and generalization directed towards a nationality, race, gender, religion...is prejudice. And asking a bum for a cigarette first is just mean IMO., in NYC they would probably spit at you.

Anyhow by saying "Mexicans are the majority" gets you where exactly again?

Last edited by Mach50; 02-11-2008 at 02:19 PM..

Old 02-11-2008, 02:25 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,089,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
I'd report the illegal. Or march his butt to an immigration office and force him to become a legal citizen before he could date any of my family members.
That would never ever make him less violent, and there are way way to many people in America now as it is, we need to send illegals back to get some of our country back for personal finances, violence, education, etc.

Old 02-11-2008, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
I think there's a reason for this. All illegals, Mexicans, El Salvodoreans, etc., wouldn't be receiving this kind of negative stereotype (to this extent anyway) if it weren't for the protests of '06. The reason you don't see European illegals getting bashed, just like you don't see Asian or African illegals getting bashed, because they weren't the ones you saw on TV demanding rights, waving flags of their home countries and being belligerent. Are all SOB illegals that way? Of course not, but there were a hell of a lot of them at those protests, I recall millions, with that attitude. And regardless whether or not they are good, hard working people, they're still breaking the law.
Many other reasons Mexican illegals have Americans angry, like 48,000+ Americans murdered by them since end of 2001. Think of how many injured badly by them, think of how many Americans killed and injured by Mexicans/So. Americans who used to be illegal or are offspring of illegals. It's a giant problem.

Old 02-11-2008, 02:49 PM

Quote:
I have met many illegals from Europe; Ireland, Britain all the way to Croatia. There are a lot of them in NYC and Miami.. definitely more on the East Coast.
They are civilized, they have not killed many thousands of Americans, they do not get in your face, they have 'manners', they have not caused all the finanical loss, they have not closed hundreds of hospitals, they have not cut off medical care for the poor, etc.

Old 02-11-2008, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
One man emailed my church to do an ICE sweep after the "dia de la virgien de guadalupe" (day of the virgin mary). I was stunned..
Jesus would not be for millions of illegal aliens here, nor harming us citizens physically, finanically, medically, educationally and so on. Jesus was very much for obeying laws and soverignty.

Old 02-11-2008, 02:52 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
Quote:
If you had a friend or family member that admittedly is in a relationship with an illegal immigrant and living with them, what would you do?

What about a co-worker? Would you report them to management? Could you?
If my friend/family member was happy I would not say anything. Its none of my business who they date and it would be stupid and idiotic for anyone to say anything about it or for anyone to "disapprove" of the relationship.

If it were a co-worker, I would definately report it to the proper athorities.

Old 02-11-2008, 02:53 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post
They are civilized, they have not killed many thousands of Americans, they do not get in your face, they have 'manners', they have not caused all the finanical loss, they have not closed hundreds of hospitals, they have not cut off medical care for the poor, etc.
So in other words, you are just saying you dont like illegal Mexican immigrants. Sad.

Old 02-11-2008, 03:07 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,166,264 times
Here in Texas you could report it but it wouldn't do any good. Authorities are too afraid of being called racist so most illegals don't bother to follow any laws. I have heard them laughing many times after a policeman has told them to 'stop'. I am talking about offenses where citizens would have been taken to jail.

Old 02-11-2008, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
So in other words, you are just saying you dont like illegal Mexican immigrants. Sad.
We like them who are good people, but we do not like them to be in America if illegal. We do notice when a large group of people have caused so much suffering to Americans as the Mexican and So. American groups have, whether they are illegal or legal. The good Hispanics legal population here notice as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration