Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 01:36 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scot892 View Post
My thoughts exactly. This should have been a unanimous decision to get those maggots out of this country. I don't understand how an ILLEGAL Alien would be even considered to have rights to be in this country AT ALL, and to have even ONE Justice to vote in favor to keep them here is just despicable.

We need to remove those Justices that voted in favor to keep them here, just like the Illegal Aliens that are here ILLEGALLY, kick them out. They are not doing and justice to this country or to the legal law abiding American Citizens.

Yes, it should have been unanimous. If anyone can provide a link to how each justice voted it would be appreciated. I was unable to find it myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2016, 01:41 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Good question. And I wish I had an answer.

We already have numerous laws concerning Legal Immigration. Very generous laws. The most generous in the world.

Now, if Obama and the open borders crowd thinks those generous laws are far from adequate ... well, ok.

Then I reckon the proper response would be to explain why they are inadequate and what exactly should be changed. Then debate it and let Congress approve it.

Instead we get this endless theater of the absurd where by everyone goes out of their way to thwart the laws and then declare the system broken because nobody wants to enforce it. People wail and scream because others simply want to follow the law- which is very generous to begin with.

Those advocating for "reform" know that's not what it is. They know it's amnesty but think they are being coy by calling it reform instead.

Old 06-23-2016, 01:52 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Those advocating for "reform" know that's not what it is. They know it's amnesty but think they are being coy by calling it reform instead.
this is exactly right.

Old 06-23-2016, 02:37 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Doesn't really matter..if Hillary wins this fall, she'll appoint new supreme court judges and the immigration plan will be back in business.
Beat me to it.

I don't want to see her back in the White House, but I think she will win.

Old 06-23-2016, 02:39 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Anything Clinton proposes will have to go through Congress or else it will end up where Obama's plan ended up, nowhere.
You don't worry that Democrats will gain the majority in both the house and the senate this November?

Old 06-23-2016, 02:42 PM

13,650 posts, read 20,780,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I agree.

One wonders why they don't just stand up, make a fist, and tell us all exactly why it is a good idea to flood and keep flooding the nation with poor people. Does the Democratic Party need the votes that bad?

As for Republicans, can they explain why flooding the country with cheap labor is such a good idea? Do they need their lawns mowed that bad?

Old 06-23-2016, 03:06 PM

424 posts, read 467,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Happy days!!!!!! This will give Obama a needed reality check on his illegal immigration order.
Uh, happy days? You should be very concerned that this was a tie. If Hillary gets elected, she'll appoint to the Supreme Court and it won't be a tie next time. She'll have a blank check to do what she wants in terms of illegals no matter what Congress says via executive order.

Please get out and vote.

Old 06-23-2016, 03:41 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
This is a victory for all Americans. Its a shame that it was a 4-4 vote.
Reform. Reform to me is streamlining a very redundant, outdated system. Reform is re-evaluating what kind and how many immigrants we as a nation need. Reform is raising the bar for what is an acceptable applicant.
Reform is greater enforcement and consequences for VISA overstays.

Old 06-23-2016, 03:47 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,815,274 times
I heard on NPR that the situation in Venezuela is becoming desperate and that we should expect a new wave of immigrants. Where were these refugees when Hugo Chavez was calling us the devil and they were voting themselves all this free stuff? Now, they will call us heartless and mean when we don't sign on to so called reform. Tough. Illegals should go home and help fix the systems they broke on their own. Quit blaming us.

Old 06-23-2016, 04:01 PM

7,503 posts, read 5,753,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
good news.

A tie vote by the Supreme Court is blocking President Barack Obama's immigration plan that sought to shield millions living in the U.S. illegally from deportation.

The justices' one-sentence opinion on Thursday effectively kills the plan for the duration of Obama's presidency.

A tie vote sets no national precedent but leaves in place the ruling by the lower court. In this case, the federal appeals court in New Orleans said the Obama administration lacked the authority to shield up to 4 million immigrants from deportation and make them eligible for work permits without approval from Congress.

News from The Associated Press
We have quit interpreting law based on its intent. We now interpret based on political bias. This is a court of clowns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration