Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 03:36 PM

1 posts, read 2,601 times

Advertisements

I'm sick and tired of this country being given over to the illegals.... tired of everybody, including, and especially the government, catering to them and their their annoying language... tired of listening to piped in radio stations at the stores IN SPANISH!!! Makes me wonder what country I'm living in! Anyone know a place in the US where people speak English?

Old 01-01-2007, 03:51 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,395,579 times
Try West Virginia, Western Pennsylvania and Eastern Kentucky.

Old 01-01-2007, 03:54 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,197,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunya_ View Post
I'm sick and tired of this country being given over to the illegals.... tired of everybody, including, and especially the government, catering to them and their their annoying language... tired of listening to piped in radio stations at the stores IN SPANISH!!! Makes me wonder what country I'm living in! Anyone know a place in the US where people speak English?
I feel for you. But the bad news? There is no place to escape in the USA, thanks to the liberals, communists, and our screwed up government. Sorry

Old 01-01-2007, 04:10 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,987,857 times
Since our government refuses to enforce existing laws or fund the border fence it approved and is trying to unite us with Mexico and Canada against the will of the American people, we have to do what we can to make ourselves heard. There is a boycott set for the last day of every month where you buy nothing, no gas, no food, no dinners in restaurants, no going to the movies, no spending whatsoever. The intent is that if enough Americans actually take action by taking part, the dip monthly in economic activity the last day of the month would send the signals to Washington that they cannot ignore. We could end illegal immigration tomorrow if our government deported all illegals encountered, ended automatic American citizenship to anchor babies born to illegals, and held employers accountable. But...they won't because they- our government (Bush, Congress on both sides of the aisle), represent the isolated rich who innoculate themselves and remove themselves from the chaos they're creating in order to further their profits yet suffer no personal consequences. Until Americans take to measures that will force the government to listen to our will, they will ignore us to line their pockets.
There is nowhere in America now free from illegals. Welcome to the USA.

Last edited by MoMark; 01-01-2007 at 05:25 PM..

Old 01-01-2007, 04:39 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,754,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
Since our government refuses to enforce existing laws or fund the border fence it approved and is trying to unite us with Mexico and Canada against the will of the American people, we have to do what we can to make ourselves heard. There is a boycott set for the last day of every month where you buy nothing, no gas, no food, no dinners in restaurants, no going to the movies, no spending whatsoever. The intent is that if enough Americans actually take action by taking part, the dip monthly in economic activity the last day of the month would send the signals to Washington that they cannot ignore. We could end illegal immigration tomorrow if our government deported all illegals encountered, ended automatic American citizenship to anchor babies born to illegals, and held employers accountable. But...they won't because they- our government (Bush, Congress on both sides of the isle), represent the isolated rich who innoculate themselves and remove themselves from the chaos they're creating in order to further their profits yet suffer no personal consequences. Until Americans take to measures that will force the government to listen to our will, they will ignore us to line their pockets.
There is nowhere in America now free from illegals. Welcome to the USA.
I like this boycott idea! Any way I can help get the message out?

Last edited by tallrick; 01-01-2007 at 05:22 PM..

Old 01-01-2007, 04:59 PM

178 posts, read 416,637 times
tallrick,
I posted this earlier today........

Dear Patriot:

Due to the increasing concerns regarding the illegal immigration issues that are plaguing this great nation and the subsequent and blatant outright disregard for the “Will of the People” by our elected officials and special interests groups, we are calling for an National monetary boycott. Our intentions are to show that Americans still have a voice in the direction our future is headed and we are tired of being ignored.

Since our collective will is being misrepresented by the above groups and the main stream media, we need to send a stronger, louder and more unified message to not only our elected officials, but to Corporate America. If a message is to be heard and heeded, then we need to hit them “where it hurts”and hit them hard.

Please help spread the word of this “WeThePeopleBoycott”, post our website link, help promote this National show of solidarity against a Government that refuses to listen to the will of its people.

In order for this boycott to be effective we need everyone’s assistance, participation and promotion from citizens, anti-illegal immigration forums, media outlets and hosts that are angered and concerned by the direction we as a nation are being thrust into.

We intend on also starting an e-mail campaign that will hopefully take off and will be sent around the nation, much like the “shot heard around the world”! We are asking that you please join us in this showing of solidarity as a nation and as a citizen of The United States of America!

Feel free to contact us directly with any comments, suggestions and assistance you may be able to offer regarding this project.

http://www.wethepeopleboycott.org

Old 01-01-2007, 05:26 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,987,857 times
Yes, it was the boycott you've brought to our attention that I was referring to. Sorry I didn't name the source. Thank you for restating it to Tallrick and I will also take part.

Old 01-01-2007, 05:44 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,754,889 times
I just hope that the American public has the guts to do this, and just doesn't carry on "business as usual" I always thought that money was power, and that's why I stopped going to movies, buying music, or paying for TV channels. The liberal, communist and greedy media moguls didn't deserve my dollars. My parents told me how they cooperated during WWII to recycle and ration supplies, can today's American make such sacrifices?

Old 01-01-2007, 05:45 PM

504 posts, read 1,764,555 times
It will take a constitutional amendment to rid anchor babies.
The American people have never done well on boycotts, we may not spend one day but we will make up for it the next.
Impossible to deport 12 million non documented people and take care of the children that are American citizens.
We like cheap strawberries, oranges, lettuce, etc.more than we dislike other languages.
Big business runs this country not political parties.
The policies are different for different people, Cubans just show up and touch American soil and get to stay, what kind of message is that, what happened to equal justice under the law?
With all that said my mother and my ex husband both feel as though this country was founded on immigrants either illegal or legal and they made this country great. I see both sides and love the diversity and at other times get upset when I feel like I am in another country, but right after 911 I knew we were all here because we loved this country and all it stood for no matter where we came from or what language we spoke.
I live in Tampa Florida, the next Miami, my sister lived in Miami for years and speaks Spanish and married to the best man I know[Columbian] we would love to see a solution.
I honestly believe that the first step would be to stop the flow, but as I have said before we can nor have we been able to keep illegal drugs out, as long as money is to be made we will have this problem.

Old 01-01-2007, 06:13 PM

2,639 posts, read 3,225,878 times
Does anyone have any opinions on the NASCO Corridor and how it may intensify the illegals situation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration