U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-05-2008, 12:21 PM
 
1,424 posts, read 172,251 times
Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I blame the Govt 1st and the businesses that hire 2nd, the Illegal Aliens 3rd and the enablers 4th.

The first amnesty started this sham. For that I blame the Govt, the big help wanted (at all cost to American workers) sign needs to come down.
1, the Government is apart of the "enabling" since they're not enforcing our borders and the businesses that hire them are enablers as well because they are paying them. So you're saying blame illegals first, and enablers second.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-05-2008, 12:25 PM
 
3,856 posts, read 6,740,352 times
Reputation: 2668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Just how many articles on this board are there accusing the Government of not enforcing our borders? How many articles are there blaming illegal immigrants?
I was not talking about articles. You said that those on this board don't blame the government. That is not true-even if there is no article posted about it. Most of us have said we blame the government and greedy companies. I have said that many times. However unlike some on here I blame illegal aliens as well. There is a little thing called personal responsibility. Illegal aliens and their apologists blame their behavior on the government and companies. Again-while companies and the government are in the wrong-illegal aliens act of their own free will. They are to blame for THEIR actions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2008, 12:29 PM
 
1,424 posts, read 172,251 times
Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
I was not talking about articles. You said that those on this board don't blame the government. That is not true-even if there is no article posted about it. Most of us have said we blame the government and greedy companies. I have said that many times. However unlike some on here I blame illegal aliens as well. There is a little thing called personal responsibility. Illegal aliens and their apologists blame their behavior on the government and companies. Again-while companies and the government are in the wrong-illegal aliens act of their own free will. They are to blame for THEIR actions.
It is rare that I see people on this board blaming the Government. Ie. posting articles about it and commenting on it. You say most of us have blamed the Government, but as you know we comment and debate on articles-- I'm not seeing this "Greedy employer and greedy government". The topic is usually some illegal killing some person. So yes, your blaming illegals-- anyone with eyes can see that. Of course illegals are to blame for their actions. But its the Governments actions that are permitting the actions of illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2008, 12:30 PM
 
Location: San Diego
17,033 posts, read 12,916,140 times
Reputation: 5988
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
I was not talking about articles. You said that those on this board don't blame the government. That is not true-even if there is no article posted about it. Most of us have said we blame the government and greedy companies. I have said that many times. However unlike some on here I blame illegal aliens as well. There is a little thing called personal responsibility. Illegal aliens and their apologists blame their behavior on the government and companies. Again-while companies and the government are in the wrong-illegal aliens act of their own free will. They are to blame for THEIR actions.
Apparently as long as someone leaves the back door open no crime is being committed. At least the offenders (and relatives of the criminals) won't admit it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2008, 12:36 PM
 
3,856 posts, read 6,740,352 times
Reputation: 2668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
It is rare that I see people on this board blaming the Government. Ie. posting articles about it and commenting on it. You say most of us have blamed the Government, but as you know we comment and debate on articles-- I'm not seeing this "Greedy employer and greedy government". The topic is usually some illegal killing some person. So yes, your blaming illegals-- anyone with eyes can see that. Of course illegals are to blame for their actions. But its the Governments actions that are permitting the actions of illegals.
Again myself and others have also placed blamed on the greedy government and greedy corporations for this- I suppose you must have missed those posts. You are the one who mocks news articles so would you even take them as valid? My name is probably in some government data base because of all the angry letters and phone calls that I have written and placed to members of all levels of our government. Believe me I am po'ed at the government. Oh well-even so-illegal aliens are the ones who come here illegally. Again- there is a thing called personal responsibility-which I was raised to have. You don't blame your actions on others-you take responsibility for what you do. Sadly-that phrase does not exist in the illegal alien hand book as it is always someone else's fault for them coming here illegally and in most cases commiting ID theft or fraud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2008, 12:45 PM
 
1,424 posts, read 172,251 times
Reputation: 76
When you leave your house open wide open and you live in a bad neighborhood-- you're most likely going to get robbed. Someone is going to come in, and steal your stuff. However if you lock your door, and take appropriate measures like putting alarms in your home to make sure no one steals your things. This will not prevent them from stealing-- but could deter them. If you knowingly can take actions against this, why not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2008, 01:03 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,181 posts, read 9,729,209 times
Reputation: 2980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
It is rare that I see people on this board blaming the Government. Ie. posting articles about it and commenting on it. You say most of us have blamed the Government, but as you know we comment and debate on articles-- I'm not seeing this "Greedy employer and greedy government". The topic is usually some illegal killing some person. So yes, your blaming illegals-- anyone with eyes can see that. Of course illegals are to blame for their actions. But its the Governments actions that are permitting the actions of illegals.
Where would you suggest we retrieve these government and illegal alien employer articles from? Do you not realize the culprits also own the mainstream media? We can only comment on articles being published for the public.

We have all on numerous occasions admonished our greedy corrupt government and the corporate masters of illegal aliens. Most of us have also sent numerous letters to government officials. We are doing what we can within legal parameters to fight this invasion.

Why don't you post some articles so we can bash the government and the corporate elite? Why must anti-illegals be responsible for researching articles? If you object to the articles being posted, why don’t you post a few articles, for a change?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2008, 01:05 PM
 
Location: San Diego
17,033 posts, read 12,916,140 times
Reputation: 5988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
When you leave your house open wide open and you live in a bad neighborhood-- you're most likely going to get robbed. Someone is going to come in, and steal your stuff. However if you lock your door, and take appropriate measures like putting alarms in your home to make sure no one steals your things. This will not prevent them from stealing-- but could deter them. If you knowingly can take actions against this, why not?
So a hot woman shouldn't wear anything but a potato sack because if she doesn't she's inviting a crime of the sexual nature?

Here is another take, make the punishment so severe that crime falls to a point you can leave your doors unlocked. That is my preferred choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2008, 01:05 PM
 
1,424 posts, read 172,251 times
Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Where would you suggest we retrieve these government and illegal alien employer articles from? Do you not realize the culprits also own the mainstream media? We can only comment on articles being published for the public.

We have all on numerous occasions admonished our greedy corrupt government and the corporate masters of illegal aliens. Most of us have also sent numerous letters to government officials. We are doing what we can within legal parameters to fight this invasion.

Why don't you post some articles so we can bash the government and the corporate elite? Why must anti-illegals be responsible for researching articles? If you object to the articles being posted, why donít you post a few articles, for a change?
That is still no reason to IGNORE it. I feel like the media is really accomplishing the task of blaming others rather than themselves, as you stated "Do you not realize the culprits also own the mainstream media?".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2008, 01:07 PM
 
1,424 posts, read 172,251 times
Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
So a hot woman shouldn't wear anything but a potato sack because if she doesn't she's inviting a crime of the sexual nature?
If you look at the statistics, rape is a clear dominance over someone. Not by the way they dress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top