Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 04:02 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
That's your interpretation of what I said. However, you have to know that more likely than not a few of them are still lurking around, undiscovered, still biding their time and once the heat is off they will resume their "activities". At the end of the day abstinence goes against human nature and pedophilia, like alcoholism is a disease.

Look how long, how often and at the hands of how many priests these acts occurred. Do you think it is just going to magically disappear?

Old habits die hard and some never die.
(sigh), If you would read what I wrote you would see that I was in no way suggesting that there were no more pedophiles hiding behind the priesthood. What I did say was that it is either extremely insulting and/or erroneous to believe that catholics are unaware of this and are happily serving up their children to be molested.

But, if you want something more pressing to worry about, how about this.....there are a large (and non catholic ) contingent of social workers and psychologists/iatrists who insist that pedophiles can be cured and/or managed as long as secrecy is achieved. Now what organization does that sound like? People have learned nothing, and if these pedophile apologists get their way, Megans Law will be rescinded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2008, 04:04 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gortamor View Post
So you are implying then, that those who hid people from the Nazis were wrong for doing so, as they broke the law?
I noticed that you completely missed replying to THIS question...

Quote:
So what are you trying to say, that our immigration laws are immoral? Check out Mexico's...

Old 08-21-2008, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Sometimes breaking the law is necessary - if said law is immoral. For instance, people who hid those hunted by the Nazis were 'breaking the law' - yet would you say what they did was bad?

'Give unto Caesar that which is Caesar's, but unto God that which is God's'
Are you really trying to suggest that illegal immigrants are being put into concentration camps, gassed and even used for painful human experimentation --- by the millions?

Sorry, but a pregnant woman trying to give birth in the US illegaly so that she can reap monetary benefits does not exactly equate to Anne Frank.

And shame on you for trying to

Old 08-21-2008, 04:06 PM

350 posts, read 653,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
So what are you trying to say, that our immigration laws are immoral? Check out Mexico's...
Comparing our laws and Mexico's is a red herring. The issue being discussed is not Mexico's immigration laws, after all.

No, mate, I did not 'miss' answering at all.

Old 08-21-2008, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Are you really trying to suggest that illegal immigrants are being put into concentration camps, gassed and even used for painful human experimentation --- by the millions?

Sorry, but a pregnant woman trying to give birth in the US illegaly so that she can reap monetary benefits does not exactly equate to Anne Frank.

And shame on you for trying to
What I am saying is that sometimes, when laws are immoral - no matter their degree of immorality - it is our duty to stand up and say they are wrong.

Old 08-21-2008, 04:14 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,409,544 times
Quote:
(sigh), If you would read what I wrote you would see that I was in no way suggesting that there were no more pedophiles hiding behind the priesthood. What I did say was that it is either extremely insulting and/or erroneous to believe that catholics are unaware of this and are happily serving up their children to be molested.

But, if you want something more pressing to worry about, how about this.....there are a large (and non catholic ) contingent of social workers and psychologists/iatrists who insist that pedophiles can be cured and/or managed as long as secrecy is achieved. Now what organization does that sound like? People have learned nothing, and if these pedophile apologists get their way, Megans Law will be rescinded.
That was not my intent to imply that. Your response was that of someone agitated, which in turn, determined my response. No harm, no foul.

As for there being a cure for pedophilia, IMHO the only solution is to never allow them to be alone with anybody's child. I'm sure you like I know that while therapy can help some, it is by no means a cure for the disease.

Old 08-21-2008, 04:16 PM

Quote:
What I am saying is that sometimes, when laws are immoral - no matter their degree of immorality - it is our duty to stand up and say they are wrong.
Sure, stand up and say the are wrong. March, protest, write letters hell, even camp out on the presidents lawn ala Cindy Shehan if thats what you want to do. But to break laws that you see as unjust.....you do realize that there are going to be people who will see laws that need to be broken that you actually agree with. Bombing abortion clinics, for example. Those people are sincere in their psychotic way, but still.....it is a shortsighted and extremely dangerous precedence to set by allowing and condoning such actions.

And, there is no commonality between the holocaust and illegal immigration no matter the degree and to suggest otherwise is just plain disgusting.

Old 08-21-2008, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
That was not my intent to imply that. Your response was that of someone agitated, which in determined my response. No harm, no foul.

As for there being a cure for pedophilia, IMHO the only solution is to never allow them to be alone with anybody's child. I'm sure you like I know that while therapy can help some, it is by no means a cure for the disease.
imho there is no cure, and no therapy. While I don't believe in the death penalty, I do believe that death is the only thing that would control them.

Old 08-21-2008, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Sure, stand up and say the are wrong. March, protest, write letters hell, even camp out on the presidents lawn ala Cindy Shehan if thats what you want to do. But to break laws that you see as unjust.....you do realize that there are going to be people who will see laws that need to be broken that you actually agree with. Bombing abortion clinics, for example. Those people are sincere in their psychotic way, but still.....it is a shortsighted and extremely dangerous precedence to set by allowing and condoning such actions.

And, there is no commonality between the holocaust and illegal immigration no matter the degree and to suggest otherwise is just plain disgusting.
There is a commonality in that the laws regarding both are immoral. I did add the caveat about 'degree of immorality', did you not see it?

Now, as to breaking laws one considers immoral - that is a slippery slope, agreed. One must be very careful not to do more harm (such as bombing clinics surely would do) than the original law did.

Old 08-21-2008, 04:22 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,409,544 times
Quote:
imho there is no cure, and no therapy. While I don't believe in the death penalty, I do believe that death is the only thing that would control them.
Agreed. It would certainly rid the world of people not worthy to roam the earth. Children are our most precious gift and anyone who screws up a child deserves to die a horrible death.

I have never thought myself capable of murder but if someone molested my child, I would have no problem becoming an axe murderer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration