Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 06:33 AM

22 posts, read 13,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwarky View Post
Top 5 Reasons Why I love Illegal Immigrants:

1) They do jobs I don't want to do.
2) Help make cities more vibrant.
3) I love Latin women.
4) They help divert attention from us African Americans.
5) I love Mexican and Central American food.
You're assuming illegal immigrants are all Mexican and Central American...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2018, 01:15 AM

1,059 posts, read 830,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimp-n-Grits View Post
Most are.

Old 08-06-2018, 10:41 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,616,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimp-n-Grits View Post
This reminds me of a story that was told to me about 25 years ago.

A coworker of mine who was Mexican/American lead a group of geologist on a field trip somewhere near the Mexican border (forgot where). The group he lead consisted of European geologist who definitely all had a European accent

They were approached by border patrol, my coworker, the only American and was in charge of the field trip was the only person who was questioned on his legal status even though he was the only one with a normal accent. The Europeans were never even questioned because of the color of their skin.

My point is, all you have to do is have white color skin, and you are assumed to be legal.

Old 08-06-2018, 12:46 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
LA, NYC, Miami, Boston, EL Paso, San Antonio, all major metropolitan centers with higher Hispanic-american population and very low crime rates compared with other mayor cities, you are safer in a hispanic predominant city
A six-year study published last year by the University of California, Riverside found "violent crime is slightly higher in sanctuary cities." It concluded there was "no statistically discernible difference in violent crime rates, rape, or property crime across" 55 cities studied.

HOUSE PASSES KATE'S LAW, AS PART OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT CRACKDOWN

And at least one city, Phoenix, saw a drop in crime after it eliminated its sanctuary city status, according to former law enforcement officials.

Yet, some 200 cities nationwide adopted sanctuary policieshttp://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/30/crime-drops-in-phoenix-after-city-drops-sanctuary-city-status-former-cops-say.html

"We saw a decrease in crime," said Bolton. "It had a deterrent effect on folks because the risk of discovery went up exponentially when we actually enforced the law."

Bolton served with Mark Spencer, who spent 25 years patrolling in Phoenix.

"When we eliminated our sanctuary policy back in 2008, we saw crime, violent and stolen vehicles fall by 25 percent," he recalled. "We saw a 20-year low crime rate. When we were allowed and had the discretion to contact our federal immigration partners, crime fell drastically."

Old 08-06-2018, 12:55 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
This reminds me of a story that was told to me about 25 years ago.

A coworker of mine who was Mexican/American lead a group of geologist on a field trip somewhere near the Mexican border (forgot where). The group he lead consisted of European geologist who definitely all had a European accent

They were approached by border patrol, my coworker, the only American and was in charge of the field trip was the only person who was questioned on his legal status even though he was the only one with a normal accent. The Europeans were never even questioned because of the color of their skin.

My point is, all you have to do is have white color skin, and you are assumed to be legal.
Plenty of White Skin here:

The Chinese:
“There has been a campaign against undocumented immigrants, but it’s not targeting just Chinese,†Wang said. “In the past if someone had good reasons to stay he or she would be pardoned. But now it’s a one-size-fits-all kind of solution.â€https://www.scmp.com/news/china/soci...ly-20-years-us

The Trump administration has been aggressively deporting foreign nationals home around the globe, from Somalia to Slovakia. Though Mexicans, Central Americans and Haitians make up 9 out of 10 people removed from the United States, year-end figures analyzed by NPR show that deportations to the rest of the world have jumped 24 percent.https://www.npr.org/2018/01/22/57893...ration-dragnet

A case in point — the unauthorized Irish in Boston.
The IRISH:
"It's really indiscriminate. ICE, in their aggressive tactics of detention, are going after the Irish as much as they're going after any other nationality," says Ronnie Millar, director of the Irish International Immigrant Center in Boston.

Sitting in the visiting room of the Suffolk County House of Corrections, Dylan O'Riordan, 19, wears a lemon-yellow jail jumpsuit and a bewildered expression on his pale face.

"I was aware how with Trump immigration was going to get a lot harder, but I didn't pay as much mind to it as I should have, which was my first mistake," he says.

Trump seems to be color blind, unlike the last few presidents. Everyone seems to be getting the boot.

Old 08-06-2018, 02:58 PM

50,294 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
I noticed you didn't mention picking strawberries or working the fields, I have never seen a white guy working the strawberry fields alongside us Mexicans!! And as a youth I picked strawberries, my mom made me so that I know that never want to work in the fields again. It worked.
You can tell nationality by looking at someone?

Old 08-07-2018, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You can tell nationality by looking at someone?
I can pretty much tell a Latino from an Anglo. Plus, when you work with certain people 6 days a week, I am fairly certain on who is what nationality. You can really tell by they way they don't speak English much, that is a dead giveaway on what nationality is working in the fields and which one's isn't.

Back to my original comment, I only saw Latino's and Filipino's work the strawberry fields back in the day. When I drive by the fields now, I still see only Latino's/Filipino's picking strawberry's, and I'm not talking pick your own either!! I'm talking bending over for 10 hours a day, and when when you fill your crate up you run to turn it in, so you can hurry back to your row to continue picking since the more you pick, the more you make.

Someday, to be 100% honest with you, I wish I will see Anglo's working the strawberry fields, I really do.

Last edited by Just One of the Guys; 08-07-2018 at 01:06 PM..

Old 08-07-2018, 03:03 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
I can pretty much tell a Latino from an Anglo. Plus, when you work with certain people 6 days a week, I am fairly certain on who is what nationality. You can really tell by they way they don't speak English much, that is a dead giveaway on what nationality is working in the fields and which one's isn't.

Back to my original comment, I only saw Latino's and Filipino's work the strawberry fields back in the day. When I drive by the fields now, I still see only Latino's/Filipino's picking strawberry's, and I'm not talking pick your own either!! I'm talking bending over for 10 hours a day, and when when you fill your crate up you run to turn it in, so you can hurry back to your row to continue picking since the more you pick, the more you make.

Someday, to be 100% honest with you, I wish I will see Anglo's working the strawberry fields, I really do.

White Americans have done those jobs in the past and they still do on privately owned farms. In today's world crop picking isn't a career job for Americans white or not and is only seasonal work and that's why we have the unlimited H-2A visas for legal, foreign workers for those jobs so there is no need for illegal aliens to pick crops.

Old 08-07-2018, 05:14 PM

1,940 posts, read 1,028,599 times
Has anyone been taught that if you follow the criminal path growing up you have to stay on it to cover your tracks?

ILLEGAL immigrant!

I have to work with them and that is what they are teaching their kids. I know teachers that tell me stories about their kids and parents, all they talk about is papers.

Old 08-13-2018, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
White Americans have done those jobs in the past and they still do on privately owned farms. In today's world crop picking isn't a career job for Americans white or not and is only seasonal work and that's why we have the unlimited H-2A visas for legal, foreign workers for those jobs so there is no need for illegal aliens to pick crops.
Aren't all farms privately owned?? But I get what you are saying, they will pick on their own farms, not anyone else's. When farmers hire out, they hire the Latino's because we are the only one's who pick on these privately owned farms.

I have always thought that we shouldn't have to have H-2A visa's, get every able body American collecting welfare and make them work the fields!! And we call it Workfare and that is the only way they will get paid. But of course that will never happen for multiple reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration