Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 06:51 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,160,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
I don't understand this..so if someone is black they can comment on black issues without speaking properly. If a hispanic talks improperly about hispanics I think they should get the same treatment than if a black/white/yellow/purple person talks improperly about hispanics.

And also, I would think than an Apache would have a very different cultural experience than a Mestizo. Indian Hispanic ( What does that even mean?) I now that there are great differences between Mayan, Aztec and Inka cultures and none of them will be happy about being confused with any other I would think that someone from Apache descendance would also not like to be grouped with everyone else.
As for the word 'Mestizo': it also applies to people of East Indian and White' heritage as well. Take a look at a Gypsy from Europe; many of them look like 'brown' Hispanics as well.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:01 PM

807 posts, read 1,303,992 times
Quote:
I don't see how it is so. Do you mean the map with the state's that allow in-state tuition for undocumented students?

How does that undo the fact claimed before that students get instantaneous in-state tuition by just moving to an state while legal students don't.

Texas is on that map, and the requirement for an undocumented student to get in-state tuition is to have finished the last 3 years of high school in a Texas high school. A legal student will only have to show that he has been in Texas for a year.

I have no idea about other state, but if you have any that have a policy that does not require any residency requirements then please post.
Something else, as I read the document, the American Association of State Colleges and Universities supports the DREAM Act.
First of all, What are "Undocumented Students".. The post was about Illegal Aliens.. Of course the American Association of State colleges and Universities support the Illegal Alien "Dream Act", after all, they would receive more funding through financial aid funded by Taxpayers..

Regardless of whether a student has to finish 3 years of High School in Texas in order to receive in state tuition, it is still undermining legal U.S. citizens that choose to attend college and receive the in-state tuition rates.. There is also a massive class action law suit regarding this in the state of California..

Old 06-01-2009, 11:25 PM

709 posts, read 1,768,508 times
Quote:
Reading between the lines: it sounds to me that Obama is simply playing politics; and if the illegal alien supporters prove to be a net liability---------he will simply toss 'em under the bus.
By the end of Obama's 1st term, what grade do you think people like Pat Buchanan, Tom Tancredo, and the Minutemen will give Obama when it comes to his handling of the illegal immigration issue ?

Do you think he will pass with flying colors or fail miserably in their eyes ?

Old 06-02-2009, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
By the end of Obama's 1st term, what grade do you think people like Pat Buchanan, Tom Tancredo, and the Minutemen will give Obama when it comes to his handling of the illegal immigration issue ?

Honestly; I do not know-------------Obama seems to be playing 'good' politician.

Like GW Bush; history will be the final arbiter whether either man was successful or not.

Old 06-02-2009, 06:59 AM

804 posts, read 1,361,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John McClane View Post

Hahaha, who cares? They are on the radical side, it's like asking what grade do La Raza, or ACLU would give them?

I would worry more of what his approval rating from an average U.S. citizen, businesses, and other less radical political organizations would be.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Hahaha, who cares? They are on the radical side, it's like asking what grade do La Raza, or ACLU would give them?

I would worry more of what his approval rating from an average U.S. citizen, businesses, and other less radical political organizations would be.
With the growing public hostility against illegal aliens; the opinions of Tracredo may indeed be moot.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:40 AM

804 posts, read 1,361,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
With the growing public hostility against illegal aliens; the opinions of Tracredo may indeed be moot.
Well see how that "growing public hostility" goes after President Obama's campaign for immigration reform starts on Wednesday. After all most people just follow, and marketing is one of Obama's strengths.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Honestly; I do not know-------------Obama seems to be playing 'good' politician.
Obama has no problem speaking at a National Council Of La Raza rally but he would never in a million years be caught dead speaking at a Minutemen rally, which is proof that he is going to be very soft and liberal when it comes to how he handles the issue of illegal immigration.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Well see how that "growing public hostility" goes after President Obama's campaign for immigration reform starts on Wednesday. After all most people just follow, and marketing is one of Obama's strengths.
We will see about that.

Face it: the party is over for those DREAMie criminal losers.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Face it: the party is over for those DREAMie criminal losers.
The party is not over for the DREAMies because we currently have the most liberal president in the White House since Jimmy Carter. When it comes to political ideolgy, Obama has alot more in common with the La Raza crowd than he does with the Minutmen crowd. Both the National Council Of La Raza and Barack Obama believe in a nanny state that coddles illegal immigrants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration