Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 03:12 PM

804 posts, read 1,360,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Where is the money to pay for all this going to come from? Tell us.

Are you aware (probably not) that alot of the 'one on one' teaching that takes place occurs when a student has a disability and requires an Individual Education Plan? They are entitled to this by law (the Individuals with Disabilities in Education Act) and they should get that extra attention. I'll be damned if I'll support cutting services to an American student with cerebral palsy so you and your ilk can achieve your goal of having US schools overrrun.

Schools don't run on alumni donations. They are largely paid for by property taxes.
From endowments, donations, tuition and taxes, you do realize that illegal aliens also pay property taxes right? And you, even if you don't own a house, you still pay those property taxes. illegals also pay sales taxes.

I do not advocate for cutting any services with people with a disability, and I have never said that. If you have a condition that needs additional attention all that is possible should be done so you are in a playing field with everyone else.

A large amount of the school support comes from alumni, thats why a lot of the tenured professors have someone's name on their title. The name is usually the person who gave their endowment, or the person who is being remembered by their endowment.

Look at this document from the University of Michigan, in the third page, you can see that taxes is just a part of the whole pie, student tuition and fees, and then Private gifts and then Endowments, they all contribute a very large percentage of the universitie's support.

And from that document you can see that in the last few years taxes have contributed less and less of the total amount.

http://sitemaker.umich.edu/obpinfo/f...aa_finance.pdf

Old 06-01-2009, 04:15 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Since I am not under the delusion that the United States has an infinate amount of wealth at its disposal, the money to fund illegals education will come out of citizens and legal immigrants taxes. And yes, illegals do own homes - generally several families to one home, so I can't say that their collective tax burden is as great as a citizen or a legal immigrant.
Nonetheless, say we do make it a priority to educate illegals - what message is being sent to the rest of the world? Immigrate to the US illegally and you will be rewarded - that is the message and I have to wonder how many more illegals will come to 'go to college' in addition to 'doing the jobs Americans just won't do'.

Old 06-01-2009, 04:37 PM

807 posts, read 1,302,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
Please provide documentation of the highlighted areas, as far as I know most states (like Texas) will require you to prove residency in the state the same way a U.S. citizen would. I think Texas goes as far as only granting you the on state tuition if you have done the last 3 years in a Texas high school, which is hard to prove id you just moved in.
http://www.aascu.org/media/pm/pdf/in-state_tuition07.pdf (broken link)

Page 3.. It's a manual for Illegal Aliens to be able to apply for In-State tuition..

Old 06-01-2009, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
http://www.aascu.org/media/pm/pdf/in-state_tuition07.pdf (broken link)

Page 3.. It's a manual for Illegal Aliens to be able to apply for In-State tuition..
I don't see how it is so. Do you mean the map with the state's that allow in-state tuition for undocumented students?

How does that undo the fact claimed before that students get instantaneous in-state tuition by just moving to an state while legal students don't.

Texas is on that map, and the requirement for an undocumented student to get in-state tuition is to have finished the last 3 years of high school in a Texas high school. A legal student will only have to show that he has been in Texas for a year.

I have no idea about other state, but if you have any that have a policy that does not require any residency requirements then please post.
Something else, as I read the document, the American Association of State Colleges and Universities supports the DREAM Act.

Old 06-01-2009, 04:52 PM

50,291 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
But you see Mr. President, we are not asking them to remain in this country, we are demanding their removal. Thus, their educational opportunities, or employment prospects, are not our concern. Let their counties of origin provide them with both an education and a job.
Evidently Mexico and Latin America aren't capable of keeping up with the breeding practices of the peasants to keep them all fed and working.

Old 06-01-2009, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Evidently Mexico and Latin America aren't capable of keeping up with the breeding practices of the peasants to keep them all fed and working.
1AngryTaxPayer,

The language that you use on your post is rather insulting, the term "breeding practices" ( as opposed as birth rates or similar) is reserved for animals.

From this message I understand that you consider the peasants of Latin America to be animals? Is this correct? Care to explain?

Old 06-01-2009, 05:12 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,905 times
Quote:
1AngryTaxPayer,

The language that you use on your post is rather insulting, the term "breeding practices" ( as opposed as birth rates or similar) is reserved for animals.

From this message I understand that you consider the peasants of Latin America to be animals? Is this correct? Care to explain?
It is perfectly acceptable to refer to someone in the upper class who has very good manners as being 'well bred'. Or someone of native American parentage may be a 'full blooded Cherokee'. This has nothing to do with animals.

from Amazon:

Well Bred and Dead: A High Society Mystery

Old 06-01-2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
It is perfectly acceptable to refer to someone in the upper class who has very good manners as being 'well bred'. Or someone of native American parentage may be a 'full blooded Cherokee'. This has nothing to do with animals.

from Amazon:

Well Bred and Dead: A High Society Mystery
So then, what would you say are the breeding practices of peasants legally in the U.S.?

PS: I would be offended by this question and I'm not even a U.S. citizen yet. Probably if this would have happened in a real live conversation, it would have required some serious explaining or an interruption in the conversation.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:24 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
1AngryTaxPayer,

Maybe if we insulted the 'peasants' enough------------they would stay home.

Besides: speaking for just Mexico-------------it does need to grow up and take care of its poor people. We owe that dysfunctional Third World place nothing.

As for 1ATP: he is a Mestizo himself (part Apache) so he can comment on the 'breeding practices' of the (mostly) Mestizo/Indian Hispanics.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
As for 1ATP: he is a Mestizo himself (part Apache) so he can comment on the 'breeding practices' of the (mostly) Mestizo/Indian Hispanics.
I don't understand this..so if someone is black they can comment on black issues without speaking properly. If a hispanic talks improperly about hispanics I think they should get the same treatment than if a black/white/yellow/purple person talks improperly about hispanics.

And also, I would think than an Apache would have a very different cultural experience than a Mestizo. Indian Hispanic ( What does that even mean?) I now that there are great differences between Mayan, Aztec and Inka cultures and none of them will be happy about being confused with any other I would think that someone from Apache descendance would also not like to be grouped with everyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration