Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 11:43 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
The party is not over for the DREAMies because we currently have the most liberal president in the White House since Jimmy Carter. When it comes to political ideolgy, Obama has alot more in common with the La Raza crowd than he does with the Minutmen crowd. Both the National Council Of La Raza and Barack Obama believe in a nanny state that coddles illegal immigrants.
Remember: Obama is also beholden to the American Blacks who voted for him in droves. If he had to pick between the our AA's and the la raza types..........the answer is pretty obvious IMHO.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:23 PM

486 posts, read 984,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
Please provide documentation of the highlighted areas, as far as I know most states (like Texas) will require you to prove residency in the state the same way a U.S. citizen would. I think Texas goes as far as only granting you the on state tuition if you have done the last 3 years in a Texas high school, which is hard to prove id you just moved in.
I have to agree with you on that. In NY, I know for a fact that you have to proof you lived here for at least a year and its actually not that easy to prove here is an example from John Jay College: NEW YORK STATE RESIDENCY REQUIREMENTS

For example, an adult student who moved to NY and has only worked part time is sometimes denied in-state tuition because NY wants to make sure you didn't move to NY just to be a student a year later and pay less.

Old 06-02-2009, 01:24 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,749,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Remember: Obama is also beholden to the American Blacks who voted for him in droves. If he had to pick between the our AA's and the la raza types..........the answer is pretty obvious IMHO.
Hmm, Obama needs both the African American and Hispanic American vote.

Btw, when you talk about "our AA's", what do you mean? You talk as if African Americans are some sort of property.

Old 06-02-2009, 01:36 PM

50,308 posts, read 47,056,299 times
To a politician they seem to be.

Old 06-02-2009, 01:50 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gf1025 View Post
I have to agree with you on that. In NY, I know for a fact that you have to proof you lived here for at least a year and its actually not that easy to prove here is an example from John Jay College: NEW YORK STATE RESIDENCY REQUIREMENTS

For example, an adult student who moved to NY and has only worked part time is sometimes denied in-state tuition because NY wants to make sure you didn't move to NY just to be a student a year later and pay less.
They will resort to the same fraudulent tactics they use to “prove” they are eligible to work in this country, or “prove” they are eligible for welfare benefits. There is a huge criminal enterprise in this country providing illegals with every forged document they need. They have even managed to produce “valid” birth certificates. Thus, producing documents to verify residency should be a piece of cake.

Old 06-02-2009, 02:36 PM

804 posts, read 1,360,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
They will resort to the same fraudulent tactics they use to “prove” they are eligible to work in this country, or “prove” they are eligible for welfare benefits. There is a huge criminal enterprise in this country providing illegals with every forged document they need. They have even managed to produce “valid” birth certificates. Thus, producing documents to verify residency should be a piece of cake.
But the same is true for a U.S. citizen trying to defraud the system. I don't think the guys who are selling the documents discriminate against U.S. citizens.

Old 06-02-2009, 02:47 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
But the same is true for a U.S. citizen trying to defraud the system. I don't think the guys who are selling the documents discriminate against U.S. citizens.
They “specialize” in the lucrative illegal alien industry. Most U.S. citizens don’t need to get forged U.S. birth certificates, driver’s licenses, SSNs, or any of the documents illegals can only dream of legally obtaining. We don’t need forgeries; we have the REAL thing.

Old 06-02-2009, 02:50 PM

804 posts, read 1,360,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
They “specialize” in the lucrative illegal alien industry. Most U.S. citizens don’t need to get forged U.S. birth certificates, driver’s licenses, SSNs, or any of the documents illegals can only dream of legally obtaining. We don’t need forgeries; we have the REAL thing.
You know, the fake id's for under 21 kids is also a pretty good business. Specially around college populations. And then if a U.S. student wanted to go to an out of state institution and pay in-state, without meeting the residency requirements, they would need forged documents, just the same that the IA would.

Old 06-02-2009, 03:02 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Quote:
You know, the fake id's for under 21 kids is also a pretty good business. Specially around college populations. And then if a U.S. student wanted to go to an out of state institution and pay in-state, without meeting the residency requirements, they would need forged documents, just the same that the IA would.
Fake IDs to get into bars, sure I'll agree that happens. Usually all you need is a friend who is 21 who would be willing to report their drivers lisence as lost though....

As to students getting fraudulent documents so that they can pay in state tuition rates?! Talk about grasping at straws! Does it happen? I would never say never, but it certainly would be rare indeed. You see - US citizens and legal immigrants have no need for forged documents nor do US citizens and legal immigrants would condone such shady behavior. The only people who would jeopordize their futures by dealing with forged/stolen personal documents would be criminals. And more criminals we do not need.

Old 06-02-2009, 03:20 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,647,284 times
This is truly wonderful news! Especially since Wake County, home of Raleigh N.C. is currently overrun with illegals. Oh, but I forgot the fact that the entire school system here is already in turmoil as the state takes more and more money away from the system. Teachers here don't even know if they will have a job teaching next year, but by all means we should definately put money into helping illegals acquire an eduaction. Forget the citizens, we must focus on helping the lawbreakers.

I can't help it folks, this makes me mad as hell. This man is supposed to stand for this country and making moves like this only distances him further from the American people. The overwhelming majority does not want to help the illegals. We want them gone. But our government all the way to the highest levels are doing the exact opposite of what the citizenry is crying out for. It is almost like they are intentionally trying to cause public unrest. How can our elected officials continue to make policy contradictory to what the population wants and get away with it? When do we finally say enough.

I don't care how many policies Obama supposedly has on the table to help education. One more dollar spent on illegals in this country is too much. And for those who rejoice at the fact that "deport them all" was not an option on the table, I hope your jobs are the first taken by our newly educated illegals. I sincerely hope you are ones that reap what our government is sowing. You have earned it with your pandering and sympathy for those who care nothing for this country or our way of life. Does the fact that their presence has consistently brought down the payscales of millions of Americans escaped you. That the cheap labor they provide steals the rightful earnings an American could be making if we didn't have this gigantic illegal labor force waiting in the wings to fill any position with a body at a cheap price.

And don't you worry, this will soon hit you all in other ways as well. Because I can tell you this much, any homes you have purchased in the last 10 years or so will be in disrepair soon enough. I know because I see the slop that now passes code. Single nailed shingles, crooked framing, and dime store paint jobs that will soon be peeling off of your walls. You get what you pay for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration