Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 10:36 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico from East Los View Post
So according to you only illegal immigrants are using todays emergency rooms and are the sole contributors of the fiscal dilemma regarding a so called medical deficit?

Do you also believe in little green men from mars?
Sure there are poor Americans who also use our emergency rooms for care and they have no insurance or the ability to pay but we don't need to add illegal aliens to that burden. Perhaps, if the illegals weren't here those of us that do have insurance our premiums would go down from not having to cover them anymore and those poor Americans could afford a health insurance policy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 10:19 AM

130 posts, read 291,720 times
I copied this and printed it. This is so comprehensive.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:38 AM

Default Clearly....

[quote=Rico from East Los;13933677]So according to you only illegal immigrants are using todays emergency rooms and are the sole contributors of the fiscal dilemma regarding a so called medical deficit?

ONLY illegal immigrants are using todays emergency rooms.

No one ever said that. You add words to quotes and change them and then requote them. That is enflaming an argument where there isn't one and an attempt to make someone who made a reasonable statement appear extreme.

There are a preponderance of illegal aliens using our emergency rooms. I am not going to waste space or time posting URLS pointing to those figures it is too widely publicized.

Why do you call it a "so called" medical deficit?

"the sole contributors"

No one said that. But I will go as far as to say my hypothesis ( that is guess based on scientific fact) is that if we got rid of the predonderance of illegal aliens using our emergency rooms then most of the "so called" medical deficit -if not all -would be alleviated

I agree with the guy (or girl) who is monitoring this site. Most people here are trying to reach out and find common ground for repairing problems. Picking up quotes and adding words to try to make them sound enflamatory is picking a fight.

If your words are twisted - on this site - PLEASE DON'T ADDRESS IT - it lends credence to nonsence. Clear thinking individuals respond to your real intentions - they don't spit them back out at you as enflamatory remarks.

Old 10-19-2011, 05:16 PM

Illegal immigration today: Use of tax-funded services on the decline - The Prescott Daily Courier - Prescott, Arizona

I don't think there are going to be any figures on the actual cost of illegal immigrants to california. When Jerry Brown is passing laws (three new ones - check out numbersusa.com) that provide illegal immigrants with college funds, stop government agencies from being required to check citizenship status on employment applications and keep funding going to sanctuary cities, there is an unchecked flow of money and jobs going to illegal immigrants courtesy of the Governor of California.
As far as I am concerned it is Anti-American. Here in Riverside county we have close to the highest unemployment in the country. Jerry's new law says even government jobs - paid by our taxes are open to illegal immigrants.
Conservation, Population and Environmental Records of the California Congressional Delegation
The above is a report done at UCSD which shows there is a direct correlation between environmental damage and illegal immigration. I would call this a cost to California.
But you aren't going to see this information included in any raw dollar quotes.

Old 10-19-2011, 05:17 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingInTheDesert View Post
Illegal immigration today: Use of tax-funded services on the decline - The Prescott Daily Courier - Prescott, Arizona

I don't think there are going to be any figures on the actual cost of illegal immigrants to california. When Jerry Brown is passing laws (three new ones - check out numbersusa.com) that provide illegal immigrants with college funds, stop government agencies from being required to check citizenship status on employment applications and keep funding going to sanctuary cities, there is an unchecked flow of money and jobs going to illegal immigrants courtesy of the Governor of California.
As far as I am concerned it is Anti-American. Here in Riverside county we have close to the highest unemployment in the country. Jerry's new law says even government jobs - paid by our taxes are open to illegal immigrants.
Conservation, Population and Environmental Records of the California Congressional Delegation
The above is a report done at UCSD which shows there is a direct correlation between environmental damage and illegal immigration. I would call this a cost to California.
But you aren't going to see this information included in any raw dollar quotes.

We are aware of that.

A dollar spent on illegals is a dollar too much.

Old 10-22-2011, 09:41 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Illegals are doing better than ever. The more government (taxpayer) money and benefits they are handed, the more money they can send back to their own country. As long as we must provide them their free health care, free education, free food and housing, they have heaps of money left over every month they are required to spend on their living costs in the USA.

Remittances to Mexico Surge 9.2 pct in August | Fox News Latino

Mexico received $2.13 billion in remittances in August, a figure that was up 9.2 percent on an annual basis in dollars and marked the largest increase in the past 12 months, the Bank of Mexico said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration