Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 07:34 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,837,469 times

Advertisements

In an interview with Univision(spanish language TV), Mrs. Palin said she was not for immediate Amnesty, but favored...

To clarify, so you support a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants?
I do because I understand why people would want to be in America. To seek the safety and prosperity, the opportunities, the health that is here. It is so important that yes, people follow the rules so that people can be treated equally and fairly in this country.

As governor, how do you deal with them? Do you think they all should be deported?
There is no way that in the US we would roundup every illegal immigrant -there are about 12 million of the illegal immigrants- not only economically is that just an impossibility but that's not a humane way anyway to deal with the issue that we face with illegal immigration.

Sarah Palin Is Pro Amnesty For Illegal Aliens - Univision Interview : Diggers Realm

Republican vicepresidential candidate Sarah Palin interview on Univision - Sarah Palin - Página 2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2010, 07:45 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,324,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
In an interview with Univision(spanish language TV), Mrs. Palin said she was not for immediate Amnesty, but favored...

To clarify, so you support a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants?
I do because I understand why people would want to be in America. To seek the safety and prosperity, the opportunities, the health that is here. It is so important that yes, people follow the rules so that people can be treated equally and fairly in this country.

As governor, how do you deal with them? Do you think they all should be deported?
There is no way that in the US we would roundup every illegal immigrant -there are about 12 million of the illegal immigrants- not only economically is that just an impossibility but that's not a humane way anyway to deal with the issue that we face with illegal immigration.

Sarah Palin Is Pro Amnesty For Illegal Aliens - Univision Interview : Diggers Realm

Republican vicepresidential candidate Sarah Palin interview on Univision - Sarah Palin - Página 2
This is no surprise. Just another pandering politician to secure the Hispanic vote. Apparently they all failed math because the Hispanic vote doesn't amount to squat.

Palin is an idiot anyway. Her first two sentences are completely in conflict with one another. Everything that comes out of her mouth makes no sense and she comes across as someone with a 5th grade education to me.

Old 02-16-2010, 08:09 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Pathway to citizenship means a couple hundred thousand new legal Citizens after all the filters put into place they will not deal with. Oh well.

Old 02-16-2010, 08:13 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,569,444 times
Oh please. Who gives a kitty what Sarah Palin says.

Old 02-16-2010, 08:26 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,379,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Oh please. Who gives a kitty what Sarah Palin says.
Yet it matters what some random nobody Catholic priest in New York thinks about the immigration topic?

Father Bascio: The Immorality of Illegal Immigration

Yeah, you're right, the opinion of some Catholic priest matters much more than the opinion of one of the most recognized politicians in the country.

You are unbelievable.

Old 02-16-2010, 08:37 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,537,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
Yet it matters what some random nobody Catholic priest in New York thinks about the immigration topic?

Yeah, you're right, the opinion of some Catholic priest matters much more than the opinion of one of the most recognized politicians in the country.

You are unbelievable.
I didn't know Palin was a catholic priest or am I confused by an off topic link?

Anyway, I hope she continues to open her mouth. America could sure use the humor right now! you betcha

Old 02-16-2010, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
You are unbelievable.
I could be mistaken, but I thought Sarah Palin resigned from her “political” position as Governor of Alaska. Word has it she is now on Fox News.

Old 02-16-2010, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
I didn't know Palin was a catholic priest or am I confused by an off topic link?

Anyway, I hope she continues to open her mouth. America could sure use the humor right now! you betcha
Yes, it’s a reference to a thread I posted involving a Catholic priest who lived in Harlem for years, and opined on the displacement of black workers by Hispanic illegal aliens. It was closed due to typical thread derailment.

Old 02-16-2010, 09:04 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
She ran with McCain so this isn't exactly a surprise.

Old 02-16-2010, 09:05 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,379,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I could be mistaken, but I thought Sarah Palin resigned from her “political” position as Governor of Alaska. Word has it she is now on Fox News.
Arguing over semantics is fun. Sorry, "political figure". That better? FYI - Just because she isn't currently serving in office doesn't mean she suddenly loses her title as being a politician.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration