Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 02:08 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
I have yet to see a thread by an anti immigrant member slamming the employers. Ok, maybe one or two out of hundreds. Sure, they will respond to this thread by stating they are against the employers, and that will be the end of it and they will go back to slamming the immigrants. They pay lip service and nothing more. Can someone explain to me why
Because most all of them are self employed and don't work in a chicken processing plant.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:12 PM

1,038 posts, read 1,225,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Why don't both of you use the search feature on this forum. EVERY member I know who is against illegal immigration is angry at the employers and the federal government as well. We have suggested the exact things in the above post. Your posts are flat out lies, no one's buying it.
I've searched the forum and have found 0 threads started by you slamming employers who hire illegal immigrants, yet you have dozens of threads slamming the illegal immigrants. To quote Desi Arnex, You got some splainin to do.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:13 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
I have yet to see a thread by an anti immigrant member slamming the employers. Ok, maybe one or two out of hundreds. Sure, they will respond to this thread by stating they are against the employers, and that will be the end of it and they will go back to slamming the immigrants. They pay lip service and nothing more. Can someone explain to me why
First off who are these anti-"immigrant" members you speak of? I only know of those in here who are anti-illegal alien.

There have been hundreds if not thousands of posts dedicated to putting a lot of the blame on the employers so you apparently don't know what are talking about. We blame both guilty parties and that is the employers and the illegal employees. The problem with the pro-illegals is that they don't want to put any blame on the illegals at all. Can you explain that one?

Old 05-04-2010, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
First off who are these anti-"immigrant" members you speak of? I only know of those in here who are anti-illegal alien.
Anyone that calls for "closing the border" is anti immigration. How can you have any type of immigration, legal or not, if the border is closed?

Quote:
There have been hundreds if not thousands of posts dedicated to putting a lot of the blame on the employers so you apparently don't know what are talking about.
Show me 3 threads made by the anti illegal immigrant crowd that slam employers. All I ask is for three. You'd have to go back months.

Quote:
We blame both guilty parties and that is the employers and the illegal employees. The problem with the pro-illegals is that they don't want to put any blame on the illegals at all. Can you explain that one?
Nice attempt to derail the post, aint fallin for it. Try again.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:35 PM

50,294 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:

You obviously aren't talking to me so I'll move on.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:38 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,173 times
Quote:
I've searched the forum and have found 0 threads started by you slamming employers who hire illegal immigrants, yet you have dozens of threads slamming the illegal immigrants. To quote Desi Arnex, You got some splainin to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan
And Mexico's government wants their poor here so that Mexico doesn't have to take care of them. Mexico's government is just as much to blame for the problem as our own. I hope that I get to see the day when Mexico is turned into a successful economy where people want to live. More Mexican nationals need to make a stand for change for that to happen though.

It's a greed issue from both sides. Lowest labor cost + higher prices = maximum profit. The rich get richer, and the rich control politcians. The American people are left to be pissed of with nothing they can do about it, until we're loud enough that the politicians start to listen.

The businesses hiring vast numbers of illegals are the ones paying off politicians to vote against stopping illegal immigration, having them held responsible and punished wouldn't be good politics and would cease their bribe money.

Getting rid of the 14th amendment loophole, cutting social services to illegals, and severely punishing employers caught employing illegals will give them no reason to come here, thus the incentive to stay in their own country.

True, I'm sure some would find a way, but it would cut it down considerably I think. I think in additon to punishing employers we should increase the punishment for falsifying documents. While some will always find a way, there's some pretty basic things we could be doing now to cut it way, way down.

To a point you're right, if we deported everyone today 90% of them would be back within a few months time. If we got rid of sanctuary cities, cut off benefits for illegals, severely punished employers for hiring illegals, and got rid of the 14th amendment loophole, they would all leave by themselves at no cost to us, and they wouldn't come back because there would be nothing here for them.
You want more, do your own research, but at the least do a LITTLE research before you make yourself look foolish.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:39 PM

111 posts, read 132,517 times
Quote:

Funny you mention this. While many people acknowledge employers are placed under high blame, people would rather focus on stories of illegal immigrants committing violent crimes. There are at least two recent threads about sexual abuse committed by illegal aliens.

Take this scenario into account: When you leave food out, ants are going to get to it eventually. What happens when you take the food away from the ants? They're going to eventually leave. Why spend so much money on Raid to kill the ants, when all you have to do is take the food away?

Same can be applied to our situation. You take the jobs away (which is the primary reason for them being here) and no more illegal immigrants. It really is that simple.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You obviously aren't talking to me so I'll move on.
I searched one page of your posts and not one thread you created slamming employers. Prove me wrong.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:41 PM

50,294 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
I searched one page of your posts and not one thread you created slamming employers. Prove me wrong.
edit, just to amuse myself I took a whole two minutes using advanced search and came up with these just from the people on this thread. All were insisting employers be fined and/or jailed. You sure you are on the right message board? Maybe saw it somewhere else?
1Angry
What Would Make Immigration Reform Real Reform?
Idaho - Forced into the shell game of illegal immigration
Another illegal sob story, BUT,
Reasons of anti-illegal sentiment
Too Many Jobs going to Illegals
Caught up in a Sanctuary State, San Diego leads way in E-verify use!
Remittances are Good for America!!
why should U.S. born children of illegal aliens be U.S. citizens?
Court Urged to Drop Arizona Proof of Citizenship in Mail Voter Registration (
Why cant we have worker permits like Canada
floridasandy
What exactly are the jobs "nobody wants"?
Juced
Should the current ILLEGAL ALIENS be able to get in line for US Citizenship?
Simpleman
Legal Jose vs Illegal
jay_jay26
A simple way to decrease illegal immigration
Democrats attempt to ban Mexican trucking, Bush and DOT defy Congress, push ahead.
Chicagonut

Business that knowingly hired Illegals in big, big trouble.
Hate against undocumented will backfire
Gutierrez race baitor and traitor at it again

Last edited by 1AngryTaxPayer; 05-04-2010 at 03:00 PM.. Reason: point proven

Old 05-04-2010, 02:56 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,750,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Why don't both of you use the search feature on this forum. EVERY member I know who is against illegal immigration is angry at the employers and the federal government as well. We have suggested the exact things in the above post. Your posts are flat out lies, no one's buying it.
Precisely. Every single one of us has offered up as part and parcel of a solution to illegal immigration:

Heavily fine and/or imprison all companies or individuals found to be employing illegal aliens.

You (the OP, et al) don't see these posts because you don't WANT to see these posts. It fits in nicely with your political agenda to accuse us all of racism and hatred against illegal immigrants. Acknowledging the fact that we are equally frustrated with the people whose failure to follow the law assists in luring illegal immigrants to this country simply doesn't fit well into the pablum the pro-illegal alien advocates are spoon feeding you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration