U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-08-2010, 06:56 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130

Advertisements

"This agent, who had the second subject detained on the ground, gave verbal commands to the remaining subjects to stop and retreat," Simmons said. "However, the subjects surrounded the agent and continued to throw rocks at him. The agent then fired his service weapon several times, striking one subject who later died."

"Monday night's incident started around 6:30 p.m. when Customs and Border Protection Border Patrol agents responded to a report of a group of suspected illegal immigrants being smuggled into the United States near the Paso del Norte port of entry, FBI Special Agent Andrea Simmons said".

Mexico asks for probe into teen's shooting death by U.S. border agent - CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-08-2010, 07:39 PM
 
Location: Inis Fada
16,685 posts, read 27,887,589 times
Reputation: 7177
Mexico teen killed by US Border Patrol, anger high - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100609/ap_on_re_us/us_border_patrol_shooting - broken link)

"According to the FBI, Border Patrol agents were responding to a group of suspected illegal immigrants being smuggled into the U.S. near the Paso Del Norte bridge, across from Ciudad Juarez around 6:30 p.m. Monday. One suspectedillegal immigrant was detained on the levee on the U.S. side, the FBI said in a statement. Another Border Patrol agent arrived on the concrete bank where the now-dry, 33-feet (10-meter) wide Rio Grande is, and detained a second suspect. Other suspects ran back into Mexico and began throwing rocks, the FBI said.
At least one rock came from behind the agent, who was kneeling beside the suspected illegal immigrant who he had prone on the ground, FBI spokeswoman Andrea Simmons said.
The agent told the rock throwers to stop and back off, but they continued."

These people have no respect for our laws or our LEOs. They probably would have pelted him to death if they could have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2010, 09:58 PM
 
5,402 posts, read 12,179,859 times
Reputation: 5403
Default When is enough enough?

I posted this in the El Paso forum, but it also belongs here...

I'm sorry that anyone had to die, but at what point do you draw the line? I'm not advocating shooting anyone, but if the agent feared for his safety, and was being assulted by hostile persons, then I think he was well within his right to shoot to defend himself. I hope he fired a warning shot, and not just aimed to kill, however.

I think it is great that the US has surveillance video of some of the events, it might prove that the shell they found next to the guy was one taken by the Mexican authorities from the US side and placed next to the body. If so, this just shows you how low the law enforcement in Mexico will go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2010, 10:09 PM
 
3,847 posts, read 3,161,032 times
Reputation: 2437
This is what would happen if this"teen" threw rocks at Mexican Federales and He should have expected the same result from any Law enforcement officer attacked by rock throwing criminals.Simple way to avoid this Stay the F home and do not engage in criminal behaviour and he would still be alive today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2010, 11:58 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Reputation: 22158
Yet where is Mexico on the probing of these deaths:



American citizens, the wife was pregnant with their second child. They went to Juarez for a child's birthday party, she was a US Consulate employee, he was an El Paso sheriff deputy, they were gunned down inches from the border. Of course the open borders proponents do not care or demand these killings be solved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2010, 08:01 AM
 
Location: 32°19'03.7"N 106°43'55.9"W
7,962 posts, read 16,772,619 times
Reputation: 6912
This one's going to get big folks, stay tuned. I think it might have legs going into this year's November elections. People are really getting tired in this country. It extends to every demographic. I live near where this occurred. The area I live in is over half Hispanic American, most of them Democrats. THEY are tired of this. It's an across the board issue. They are tired of seeing Phillipe Calderon act as though he is the judge, jury and executioner, and making dictates to their country. If current leadership in D.C., starting with the president, does not become more bellicose in dealing with this situation, he is going to begin losing otherwise loyal members of his constituency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2010, 08:07 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
This one's going to get big folks, stay tuned. I think it might have legs going into this year's November elections. People are really getting tired in this country. It extends to every demographic. I live near where this occurred. The area I live in is over half Hispanic American, most of them Democrats. THEY are tired of this. It's an across the board issue. They are tired of seeing Phillipe Calderon act as though he is the judge, jury and executioner, and making dictates to their country. If current leadership in D.C., starting with the president, does not become more bellicose in dealing with this situation, he is going to begin losing otherwise loyal members of his constituency.
I think some questions should be asked. One - why are our border agent guys given bicycles to patrol along the most dangerous part of the world?

Bicycles.

It's known that illegals in this region of the border attempt to kill the agents but all these guys had for protection were bicycles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2010, 08:33 AM
 
Location: San Diego
32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Reputation: 17687
It's ok to ask for an investigation, and there should be one. It's an entirely different approach to ridicule and make demands before this investigation is over. The latter is the approach the Mexican President is taking and he's throwing fuel on the fire.

As far as I am concerned, FINE. If he raises more hatred for the illegal, invading horde, great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2010, 08:38 AM
 
Location: Full time RV"er
2,403 posts, read 5,619,244 times
Reputation: 1459
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
This is what would happen if this"teen" threw rocks at Mexican Federales and He should have expected the same result from any Law enforcement officer attacked by rock throwing criminals.Simple way to avoid this Stay the F home and do not engage in criminal behaviour and he would still be alive today.
These people (Illegals) need to read "OUR" laws before trying to come here , A person has the right to use deadly force when he / she has been attacked with a deadly weapon , how many kids have been killed by a rock to the head ? ANSWER many. hard lesson to learn but one that must be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2010, 09:01 AM
 
Location: 3rd rock from the sun
3,858 posts, read 5,959,040 times
Reputation: 1806
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yet where is Mexico on the probing of these deaths:

American citizens, the wife was pregnant with their second child. They went to Juarez for a child's birthday party, she was a US Consulate employee, he was an El Paso sheriff deputy, they were gunned down inches from the border. Of course the open borders proponents do not care or demand these killings be solved.
The killers were caught within 2 weeks -members of an El Paso gang who worked for the Juarez cartel. The case looks solid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top