Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2020, 10:44 AM

759 posts, read 3,145,966 times

Advertisements

He sent all the positive covid patients back to nursing homes. THey should have kept McCormick Place open (wasted a lot of money in contracts and construction), and the patients from hospitals should have transitioned to MP for 1 week or more until they had a negative COVID test. The nursing homes were **** shows. I worked at one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2020, 10:56 AM

2,561 posts, read 2,186,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplesky View Post
He sent all the positive covid patients back to nursing homes. THey should have kept McCormick Place open (wasted a lot of money in contracts and construction), and the patients from hospitals should have transitioned to MP for 1 week or more until they had a negative COVID test. The nursing homes were **** shows. I worked at one.
My point was about reopening, but I agree, they should've focused COVID resources at McCormick Place as much as possible to allow hospitals to continue focusing on "elective" procedures and other pressing medical issues.

Nursing homes should've taken more drastic measures to remain closed off much earlier given there was plenty of time to see what happened in Washington state.

Those couple of things and some of the regional borders within the state are where I disagreed with him. I also think the state lucked out with so few cases occurring at protests, but with that, there may have been few cases due to those events being outdoors and so many attendees wearing masks.

The shut down also should've started about a week earlier. If grading straight up against results, I'd give him a B or B-. Grading on a curve among the other 50 governors he gets an A- (none deserve an A, IMO).

Old 10-30-2020, 09:21 AM

9,989 posts, read 5,689,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusillirob1983 View Post
As Illinois enters Phase 4 today, it's important that everyone continues to follow safety guidelines that have kept the number of new cases down in June. Wash hands, wear a mask, keep distance and hopefully cases will remain low or continue to decrease.

Let's not be like the other states that pretended the virus doesn't exist.

Florida - more than 8,900 new cases today
California - more than 7,000 new cases today
Texas - 17,000 new cases in the past 3 days
Missisippi - don't be Mississippi https://www.clarionledger.com/story/...ok/3260581001/
Georgia - prelim 7-day moving avg is over 1,000 cases per day. The peak in April was 760
Arizona - the governor is telling everyone to stay home. The number of daily cases at the end of May was under 1,000. Averaging about 3,000 per day for the last several days leading to June 19th (the website notes the last 4-7 days may have incomplete data).

Pritzker may be a hypocrite if some of the stories you're telling are accurate, but I can appreciate that he followed health experts better than almost any other governor.
Boy, we're doing soooo much better than all those states that supposedly pretended the virus doesn't exist, aren't we?

Old 10-30-2020, 01:15 PM
wjj

950 posts, read 1,365,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Boy, we're doing soooo much better than all those states that supposedly pretended the virus doesn't exist, aren't we?

Pritzker can only dream that Illinois was like Florida now. Florida average new cases (7 day average through 10/28) is only about half of the new cases being reported in Illinois, despite Florida having 50% more people than Illinois. Hmmmm. 50% fewer cases with 50% bigger population. 7-day positivity rate in Florida is below 5% (at 4.8% through 10/28) while it is 7.3% in Illinois and climbing. Florida death rate has been less than half of Illinois' rate since the beginning, but Illinois has improved. All this while Florida has been open for quite some time, has had no state mask mandate, schools are open for in person learning, HS sports are being played like usual, no restrictions on restaurants, no restrictions on crowd sizes, etc. Florida unemployment rate is 7.6% vs Illinois 10.2%. Florida took a different path and managed the pandemic while allowing the state to stay open, people to move on with their lives, and businesses to recover. Perhaps Pritzker could learn from DeSantis, but that will never happen. He would rather let the state crash and burn and crush residents and businesses before admitting that he was wrong.

Old 10-30-2020, 02:45 PM

10,326 posts, read 17,438,836 times
Yes I am going to have to reduce Illinois's grade to a D- we can't shut down again and let restaurants go extinct and unemployment skyrocket. Keep in mind for every 1% increase in unemployment an estimated 37,000 people die mostly from stress/coronary disease, substance abuse and suicide. So masks, good hygiene, work from home where feasible but no shutdowns.

http://www.edhovee.com/edhblog/2020/...ent-than-covid

Last edited by MSchemist80; 10-30-2020 at 04:09 PM..

Old 10-30-2020, 03:35 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,577,999 times
Quote:
My point was about reopening, but I agree, they should've focused COVID resources at McCormick Place as much as possible to allow hospitals to continue focusing on "elective" procedures and other pressing medical issues.

Nursing homes should've taken more drastic measures to remain closed off much earlier given there was plenty of time to see what happened in Washington state.

Those couple of things and some of the regional borders within the state are where I disagreed with him. I also think the state lucked out with so few cases occurring at protests, but with that, there may have been few cases due to those events being outdoors and so many attendees wearing masks.

The shut down also should've started about a week earlier. If grading straight up against results, I'd give him a B or B-. Grading on a curve among the other 50 governors he gets an A- (none deserve an A, IMO).
Is this post supposed to be some kind of joke?

Old 10-31-2020, 08:18 AM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,070,917 times
Quote:
As Illinois enters Phase 4 today, it's important that everyone continues to follow safety guidelines that have kept the number of new cases down in June. Wash hands, wear a mask, keep distance and hopefully cases will remain low or continue to decrease.

Let's not be like the other states that pretended the virus doesn't exist.

Florida - more than 8,900 new cases today
California - more than 7,000 new cases today
Texas - 17,000 new cases in the past 3 days
Missisippi - don't be Mississippi https://www.clarionledger.com/story/...ok/3260581001/
Georgia - prelim 7-day moving avg is over 1,000 cases per day. The peak in April was 760
Arizona - the governor is telling everyone to stay home. The number of daily cases at the end of May was under 1,000. Averaging about 3,000 per day for the last several days leading to June 19th (the website notes the last 4-7 days may have incomplete data).

Pritzker may be a hypocrite if some of the stories you're telling are accurate, but I can appreciate that he followed health experts better than almost any other governor.
Should you and your beloved governor have some egg on your face now or later?

Old 10-31-2020, 02:12 PM

3,497 posts, read 2,193,200 times
Restrictions were removed and cases rose. Why is this a surprise? Schools never should have opened to in person learning without a better plan in place.

Old 11-07-2020, 04:16 PM

1,068 posts, read 918,813 times
The Biden celebratory super-spreaders going on right now means we need to open every single bar, restaurant, gym, etc at 100% full capacity with indoor dining and everything. All those "safety" arguments go out the window. We've now had protests, riots, looting and election celebrations with zero social distancing....and one's where Pritzker was front and center of the protest. I'm ignoring all social distancing rules from here on out.

Old 11-07-2020, 07:17 PM

2,029 posts, read 2,364,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtcbnd03 View Post
The Biden celebratory super-spreaders going on right now means we need to open every single bar, restaurant, gym, etc at 100% full capacity with indoor dining and everything. All those "safety" arguments go out the window. We've now had protests, riots, looting and election celebrations with zero social distancing....and one's where Pritzker was front and center of the protest. I'm ignoring all social distancing rules from here on out.

As I said in an earlier post, you sound so juvenile in wanting to be reckless with peoples lives, covid is raging, are you 12 or 13 in your thinking? Time to grow up my friend and start being responsible, if possible.

Last edited by Justabystander; 11-07-2020 at 07:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois