Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 01:36 PM

3,565 posts, read 7,981,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
Let's see. I've been accused of stealing by people. I've been accused of doing illicit drugs and I don't. I've been called a homosexual and I'm not. I've been called a nut case by more than one person here. Fact is I saw two separate psychologists in years past when someone told me that I needed help. Well, the ONLY problem I had according to both mental health professionals is that I am an independent thinker and behave accordingly. They said the people with the hangups are going to have to learn to deal with my independent nature.

It just so happens that my cousin's ex wife is married to a guy from St. Louis. He comes from a very prominent family in the St. Louis area. They now live in New Hamster. The last time I visited with them they told me that the people in the KC region had me labeled as being some kind of serious criminal element despite not having one single shred of evidence to support their twisted claims.

The only personal problem I've ever had and can be accused of is being friendly towards these a-holes and then being treated like crap simply because I made some small talk with them. These idiots "think" that if you talk to them that you are after something. This is the ONLY place I've been where if you talk to a woman and say something as simple as "hello" that she thinks you are hitting on her. Countless times one of these delusional creeps has told me that they don't want to go out with me when I am not only not asking them out but barely saying much of anything to them. A guy from Tennessee that I used to work with and I had a brief conversation with a woman from KC about this a few years ago. She confirmed everything I've just said on this matter. She said that her and her friends actually think a guy is hitting on them just because he says "hello" to them.

These people are a lost cause and suffer from paranoid, delusional episodes all because someone like myself that cannot be categorized by their simplistic minds and tries to be a civilized human being with no undesirable intentions. To hell with these people in the KC area...

So yes, I guess I do have a personal problem. I don't like ignorant, imbeciles that see things that don't exist.
Who, co-workers? People in bars? Friends of people you know? Truly random people? If so, where? Bus stops, grocery stores, the mall, movie theater?

I'm trying to understand and still sense there's something I don't know. However, I have to say and hopefully you can read and think about what you're saying and see how I've come up with this - but you do seem paranoid and delusional. It seems like you're projecting something that's coming from within you onto other people and places. It's called blame. If that's true, it'll never get better until you figure that out. All I can say is next time it happens, don't get upset and rather ask the person why they thought something about you that isn't true - try to understand them and let them understand you. If people are repeatedly making the same accusations, they're obviously seeing something - you are the common denominator. You need to figure out what that is and stop projecting yourself as _______. It's possible you have certain feelings about yourself, such as believing there's something fundamentally wrong with yourself, which could cause you to conciously or subconciously look for people accusing you. And when a person has the irrational feeling that something is wrong with them, they could insert anything be it weird, homosexual, sociopath, creep, or a host of other things to try to figure out that feeling. It's possible there's something about you that you're suppressing, and if not the feeling that something's fundamentally wrong with you, then homosexuality is another thing people try hard to suppress, as well as things they've done wrong in the past, like sexual abuse, and have come to realize that it was wrong and have strong guilt. Then again, you could just LOOK really alternative, really out there, in which case it should be easy to see what's causing other people to think things about you.

All that said, I can't imagine it's fun being in your position, but I really don't think it's Kansas City. If it actually is people outside yourself that is the problem, it's more likely in a work place or somewhere very specific, not an entire city or metropolitan area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2012, 02:13 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,756,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
Racism is everywhere sadly so ill rephrase what i said so it makes more sense.
Generally speaking hoosiers don't tolorate racism.
Better for you?
"Hoosiers", the one group in America that's always pushing for social change.

Old 02-24-2012, 04:25 PM

441 posts, read 886,438 times
one question. why is it that Indy and KC seem to be such big rivals? why not Indy and St. Louis?

after all, if KC can go draw for draw with St. Louis, surely Indy can as well?

Old 02-24-2012, 06:03 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,515,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icecreamsandwich View Post
one question. why is it that Indy and KC seem to be such big rivals? why not Indy and St. Louis?

ya.
St Louis does go up to Indy.
About the only thing i personally see St Louis beating Indy over is Mass Transit and History. Although Indy has plenty of history too.

Indy beats St Louis over location. 3 hour drive to Chicago/2 hour Cincy/3.5ish hours St Louis/2.5 hour Louisville/2 hour Dayton Ohio. No other city can match Indy's premium location as the Crossroads of America. Well having all the big city amendities you would expect. Minus the Big city hassle and the insane cost of living. My phrase is the Dollar goes farther in Indy and it really does.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieJonez View Post
"Hoosiers", the one group in America that's always pushing for social change.
Hoosiers are smarter than your average state citizen.
Hoosiers transformed a Rust Belt Decaying Indianapolis in the 1960s and 70s into a dynamic fastest growing metropolis of today.
Thats change
Hoosiers helped to make our state have the best business climate in the midwest and in the top 5 nationally and #1 in job growth for the month of december.
Hoosiers working together probably even lead Indiana to have the fastest growth rate of any state in the northeast quadrant of the US. Including all the northeast states.
Hoosiers are known for thinking outside the box and getting stuff done
The sports strat that was used to Revitalize Indianapolis was a totally new idea and it worked very well. Landing Super Bowl 46 here and putting us in the rotation for Super Bowl cities. Other cities look to Indianapolis on how to revitalize their downtown.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:40 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,018,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icecreamsandwich View Post

I have no idea why KC and Indy would be considered "rivals" except for the lunatic rantings of the op.

St. Louis and Indy seem to have a little more in common than KC and Indy. I've been to Indy. Nice city. The downtown is nice.

I don't think St. Louis considers Indy a rival. In sports, we kind of have this thing going with the cubs. Lot's of STL people go to the games at Wrigley and lots of Chicago folks come to STL for the games.

From what I understand, Indy has a done a better job with your downtown.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
I have no idea why KC and Indy would be considered "rivals" except for the lunatic rantings of the op.

St. Louis and Indy seem to have a little more in common than KC and Indy. I've been to Indy. Nice city. The downtown is nice.

I don't think St. Louis considers Indy a rival. In sports, we kind of have this thing going with the cubs. Lot's of STL people go to the games at Wrigley and lots of Chicago folks come to STL for the games.

Similiar sized metros.
St Louis is rivaled by Indy and from St Louis thats pathetic. St Louis has 800,000 more people in the metro and this city/metro Indianapolis which is smaller is competing with St Louis. That indicates a major flaw and decline in St louis right there if smaller cities/metros are competing with it.
Heck Indy even competes with Chicago for jobs and sports.
the Big Ten Tournament choose Indy over Chicago for the football games. Heck the American College of Education moved to Indianapolis from Chicago.
Best one is when CME group even looked at Indy due to Illinois tax hikes. Don't worry people say they are staying in Chicago. I have other *Ambitious plans* for that.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:56 PM

6,343 posts, read 11,092,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
Who, co-workers? People in bars? Friends of people you know? Truly random people? If so, where? Bus stops, grocery stores, the mall, movie theater?

I'm trying to understand and still sense there's something I don't know. However, I have to say and hopefully you can read and think about what you're saying and see how I've come up with this - but you do seem paranoid and delusional. It seems like you're projecting something that's coming from within you onto other people and places. It's called blame. If that's true, it'll never get better until you figure that out. All I can say is next time it happens, don't get upset and rather ask the person why they thought something about you that isn't true - try to understand them and let them understand you. If people are repeatedly making the same accusations, they're obviously seeing something - you are the common denominator. You need to figure out what that is and stop projecting yourself as _______. It's possible you have certain feelings about yourself, such as believing there's something fundamentally wrong with yourself, which could cause you to conciously or subconciously look for people accusing you. And when a person has the irrational feeling that something is wrong with them, they could insert anything be it weird, homosexual, sociopath, creep, or a host of other things to try to figure out that feeling. It's possible there's something about you that you're suppressing, and if not the feeling that something's fundamentally wrong with you, then homosexuality is another thing people try hard to suppress, as well as things they've done wrong in the past, like sexual abuse, and have come to realize that it was wrong and have strong guilt. Then again, you could just LOOK really alternative, really out there, in which case it should be easy to see what's causing other people to think things about you.

All that said, I can't imagine it's fun being in your position, but I really don't think it's Kansas City. If it actually is people outside yourself that is the problem, it's more likely in a work place or somewhere very specific, not an entire city or metropolitan area.
I don't believe you should try to psychoanalyze me on a message board especially since I am not about to divulge any more sordid details of the BS that I've been dealt by these cretins. I don't like airing out any of my dirty laundry on a board like this but it seems to be the only way to get my point across. At least some people get it. People such as yourself in KC will never get it and at this point, I don't even care whether you do or not.

I don't project, it is they who have been doing it to me. THEY START RUMORS that are not fact based. Blame the victim eh? I'm not a social butterfly. I like my personal space. These KC area morons violate it repeatedly. If they had even the minutest shred of understanding of the New England culture as well as a Swedish culture then perhaps they'd stay out of my space.

And for the final time. I have lived in ten different states and aside from an occasional problem but usually an isolated one at that, I don't have these problems in ANY OTHER PART of the country. If it was happening in say at least half of the places I've lived then yes, I would firmly believe that I am at fault. But since these issues are solely happening in KC, I am not the one with the issues.

Let's drop it. Enough said.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:59 PM

6,343 posts, read 11,092,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post

Yeah, I'm a lunatic alright. Apparently your reading comprehension skills need some improvement.

How many times has some jerk from Missouri or Kansas brought up the subject of KC on this forum during a discussion about Indy? Not too long ago someone started to post photos of downtown KC during a discussion about downtown Indy.

And you wonder why I accuse the people of KC and its region of being out to lunch? It's because you are.

Old 02-24-2012, 08:51 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,892,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
ya.
St Louis does go up to Indy.
About the only thing i personally see St Louis beating Indy over is Mass Transit and History. Although Indy has plenty of history too.

Indy beats St Louis over location. 3 hour drive to Chicago/2 hour Cincy/3.5ish hours St Louis/2.5 hour Louisville/2 hour Dayton Ohio. No other city can match Indy's premium location as the Crossroads of America. Well having all the big city amendities you would expect. Minus the Big city hassle and the insane cost of living. My phrase is the Dollar goes farther in Indy and it really does.
I think you make too big a deal out of location at least when comparing two cities. You live in a city and are there every day so I think the city matters more than what is 2-3 hours away.

I do like the fact that Indy is closer to more major cities, but KC is in a more attractive immediate area and outstate Missouri has some amazing areas to retreat to for the weekend. Also, KC is relatively close to Colorado (I like to drive to CO rather than fly so I have my bikes, skis etc with me).

Again, I’m not downing Indy, only trying to give reasons why I do like KC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis