Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 08:18 AM

570 posts, read 733,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
Hi AREQUIPA ...
What kidneys ?
May I ask of you please not to use Anti-Islamic sites as you ask me not to use creationist sites .
Simply ...
The verse in arabic said :
"خلق من ماء دافق يخرج من بين الصلب والترائب "
In Englesh :
"Created of water squirts out from between the backbone spine and the ribs "
The verse was not referring to where the sperm comes from , actually it was referring to something more accurate and comprehensive in a very few words ..
Since the formation of any Embryo needs to be done by two genders( not only male sperm , humans and animals knows that since the beginning of time ) ... and Since two genders means gonads (ovaries and testes) in order for Embryo to be created or made .
The verse referred amazingly to the cellular origins of the gonads (ovaries and testes) the genital tuber which found in the dorsal region of the embryo in front of the backbone ( between the mid-spine and almost against the bottom of the ribs ) before Embryo determined by gender (as it shows clearly in the picture below) :

That is why Dr. Moore said , “I was amazed at the scientific accuracy of these statements which were made in the 7th century C.E.,” .
He was not referring to where the sperm comes from !!!
There for we don't need to talk about Greek physician as they were referring to a totally different wrong thing .
In order to understand the correct meaning of the words you must be versed on Arabic grammar .
Speaking Arabic Language is not enough .
P.S :I bet no greek or chinese or any race physician in the world BACK THEN knows a damn thing about it
the cellular origins of the gonads = Primordial Germ Cells
genital tuber = Genital Ridge
Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2012, 10:14 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,504,185 times
Squal-Lionheart

Would you concede that the vast majority of highly qualified scientist find nothing amazing about the scientific accuracy of the Quran?

Would you admit that for every highly qualified scientist that finds the Quaran amazing, there are probably about 100 that find it completely inaccurate and useless scientifically?

Old 05-15-2012, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Boxcar Overkill
Would you concede that the vast majority of highly qualified scientist find nothing amazing about the scientific accuracy of the Quran?
I would if you just give me a prove that those highly qualified scientist read the Quran before making that decision !!!

Quote:
Would you admit that for every highly qualified scientist that finds the Quaran amazing, there are probably about 100 that find it completely inaccurate and useless scientifically?
How would I know ?!!!
Are you making up those numbers ?!!
But let me say this :
Whe newton discovered gravity the vast majority of scientists used to believe the Sun revolved around the Earth .

Last edited by squall-lionheart; 05-15-2012 at 10:59 AM..

Old 05-15-2012, 10:56 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,917,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
That is why Dr. Moore said , “I was amazed at the scientific accuracy of these statements which were made in the 7th century C.E.,”

The linked article starts with this timely quote, not mentioned by squall:

"This article will also look into various scientific absurdities found in the Qur'an and Hadiths that many Muslims fail to mention."

Indeed that's why Dr. Moore was amazed. He was simply amazed at the stuttering scientific literacy purely of those "in the day", not of those who now errantly insist that all or most of modern science arose out of some special abilities of Mohammed and/or modern-day Islam. Here I'll properly quote from the article from which you selectively quote-mined, squall (why does this not surprise me?)

"In 1982 Keith Moore, an anatomy professor at the University of Toronto, produced a textbook titled "The Developing Human, 3rd edition". In this book Moore states his astonishment at the way embryonic development is depicted in the Qur'an.

Moore would go on to produce fourth and fifth editions of his textbook, as well as another book titled "Human Development as described in the Quran and Sunnah", all of which many Muslims cite with great pleasure.

BTW, Moore does not then claim or validate that these mis-understandings were in any way accurate. If he were to do so, by including al it's huge technical inaccuracies, he'd have not EVER been granted his subsequent PhD from an sort of accredited Western University. Nope.

To satiate our readers' curiosity, here's a YouTube video on the good doctor Moore:

Dr.Keith Moor accepts Holy Quran as True divine Book after discussion with Dr.Tahir ul Qadri - YouTube

Hmmm... is it possible he's a bit biased in his love of Islam? And what exactly is he saying after all? That Islam discovered all of human reproductive anatomy? If so, they did a *** poor job of it, and to date, such further & ongoing discoveries have NOT been forthcoming from the world of Islam, where truly independent thought results in you losing your head!

BTW, I also both "Googled" & then "Amazon'd" the book noted in the video. It's a very straight-forward medical/anatomical textbook. You can go here...

http://www.amazon.com/Clinically-Ori.../dp/0781775256

...and read selected pages. Nothing particularly Islamic about it.

As well, why does Islam continue to toot their horn so loudly on these matters? Is this an ego or recognition problem, or one of feeling un-distinguished in the world? Or do they wish to advise us that they alone control the destiny of this world, through their illiterate leader Muhammed and his obvious technical inaccuracies? One can only speculate at the Islamic need for recognition.

BTW, on that issue of recognition, where are those Muslim Nobel Prize winners after all? FACT: many of those prestigious prize winers are of Jewish descent or Israeli residence. 15B Muslims world-wide, and three Nobel Prizes (2 from Pakistan and one from Turkey. None I can see from Iraq or Iran. Hmmm.. But even ten [10] from Israel! And 19 from the lowly [literally!] Netherlands! Wow, huh?). The vast mega-majority are from Western or Asian countries: check this out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...tes_by_country

What gives here? ("Off with their heads!!" perhaps?)

But what if we produced a video on each and every Western, Asian or Euro doctor or biologist who has written a text? Answer: there would simply not be enough hours in the next millenium for you to even begin watching them!

So.... squall... I'd like to see your heart-felt and honest approval and recognition of those fine Western scientific folks, OK? Especially for what they have properly discovered and published in the last 3 - 4 decades, during which time greater Islam has been fighting something or someone, continuously. Here's to Taliban Nobel Prize winners everywhere!

The true advances in embryology or any other bio-scientific, engineering or astro-physics areas are not the domain of some wanna-be Islamic hero, sorry, squall. Iran i borrowing their nuclear technology from China (who got it from Russia, who got it from the Germans after WW-II...) So exactly why are you touting Fr. Moore again? I'm just curious, but I'll just bet he was mentioned in one of your apologist Muslim websites as "The One To quote-Mine!", as if his western ties (vis. Toronto) makes him particularly more valid in anyone's critical eyes?

Such misinformation is rife in the Qu'Ran, and on so many topics (read this link to verify for yourself.) It's also very typical for all fundamentalist religious types to desperately grasp on to literally anything that seems to support their oddball positions, even when the source of that info completely discredited.

The article then goes on to finalize thusly...

"To believe in the Qur'an is to not think rationally. There are numerous myths and scientific errors within the text of the Qur'an, and the Hadiths. Muslims accept many scientific absurdities with blind devotion.

The world has matured as a whole, and has shed many of the fears and superstitions held by primitive cultures of the past. Unfortunately, because the text of the Qur'an is revered, people do not question many superstitious concepts that Muslims should have outgrown long ago."

QED, as usual.

Last edited by rifleman; 05-15-2012 at 12:19 PM..

Old 05-15-2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
The linked article starts with this timely quote, not mentioned by squall:

"This article will also look into various scientific absurdities found in the Qur'an and Hadiths that many Muslims fail to mention."

Indeed that's why Dr. Moore was amazed. He was simply amazed at the stuttering scientific literacy purely of those "in the day", not of those who now errantly insist that all or most of modern science arose out of some special abilities of Mohammed and/or modern-day Islam. Here I'll properly quote from the article from which you selectively quote-mined, squall (why does this not surprise me?)

"In 1982 Keith Moore, an anatomy professor at the University of Toronto, produced a textbook titled "The Developing Human, 3rd edition". In this book Moore states his astonishment at the way embryonic development is depicted in the Qur'an.

Moore would go on to produce fourth and fifth editions of his textbook, as well as another book titled "Human Development as described in the Quran and Sunnah", all of which many Muslims cite with great pleasure.

BTW, Moore does not then claim or validate that these mis-understandings were in any way accurate. If he were to do so, by including al it's huge technical inaccuracies, he'd have not EVER been granted his subsequent PhD from an sort of accredited Western University. Nope.

To satiate our readers' curiosity, here's a YouTube video on the good doctor Moore:

Dr.Keith Moor accepts Holy Quran as True divine Book after discussion with Dr.Tahir ul Qadri - YouTube

Hmmm... is it possible he's a bit biased in his love of Islam? And what exactly is he saying after all? That Islam discovered all of human reproductive anatomy? If so, they did a *** poor job of it, and to date, such further & ongoing discoveries have NOT been forthcoming from the world of Islam, where truly independent thought results in you losing your head!

BTW, I also both "Googled" & then "Amazon'd" the book noted in the video. It's a very straight-forward medical/anatomical textbook. You can go here...

Amazon.com: Clinically Oriented Anatomy (9780781775250): Keith L. Moore MSc PhD FIAC FRSM FAAA, Arthur F. Dalley PhD, Anne M.R. Agur B.Sc. (OT) M.Sc. PH.D: Books

...and read selected pages. Nothing particularly Islamic about it.

As well, why does Islam continue to toot their horn so loudly on these matters? Is this an ego or recognition problem, or one of feeling un-distinguished in the world? Or do they wish to advise us that they alone control the destiny of this world, through their illiterate leader Muhammed and his obvious technical inaccuracies? One can only speculate at the Islamic need for recognition.

BTW, on that issue of recognition, where are those Muslim Nobel Prize winners after all? FACT: many of those prestigious prize winers are of Jewish descent or Israeli residence. 15B Muslims world-wide, and three Nobel Prizes (2 from Pakistan and one from Turkey. None I can see from Iraq or Iran. Hmmm.. But even ten [10] from Israel! And 19 from the lowly [literally!] Netherlands! Wow, huh?). The vast mega-majority are from Western or Asian countries: check this out:

List of Nobel laureates by country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What gives here? ("Off with their heads, perhaps?)

But what if we produced a video on each and every Western, Asian or Euro doctor or biologist who has written a text? Answer: there would simply not be enough hours in the next millenium for you to even begin watching them!

So.... squall... I'd like to see your heart-felt and honest approval and recognition of those fine Western scientific folks, OK? Especially for what they have properly discovered and published in the last 3 - 4 decades, during which greater Islam has been fighting something or someone, continuously. Here's to Taliban Nobel Prize winners everywhere!

The true advances in embryology are not the domain of some wanna-be Islamic hero, sorry, squall. Why are you touting him? I'm just curious.

But such misinformation is rife in the Qu'Ran, and on so many topics (read this link to verify for yourself.) It's also very typical for all fundamentalist religious types to desperately grasp on to literally anything that seems to support their oddball positions, even when the source of that info completely discredited.

The article then goes on to finalize thusly...

"To believe in the Qur'an is to not think rationally. There are numerous myths and scientific errors within the text of the Qur'an, and the Hadiths. Muslims accept many scientific absurdities with blind devotion.

The world has matured as a whole, and has shed many of the fears and superstitions held by primitive cultures of the past. Unfortunately, because the text of the Qur'an is revered, people do not question many superstitious concepts that Muslims should have outgrown long ago."

QED, as usual.
Seems like my whole post was overshadowed by those two lines :
Quote:
That is why Dr. Moore said , “I was amazed at the scientific accuracy of these statements which were made in the 7th century C.E.,” .

It amazes me how you always find a way around the main idea
I'll tell you what ..
Let's pretend that those two lines do not exist neither Dr. Moore
I mean ever .....
Could you please reply on this :
The verse in arabic said :
"خلق من ماء دافق يخرج من بين الصلب والترائب "
In Englesh :
"Created of water squirts out from between the backbone spine and the ribs "
The verse was not referring to where the sperm comes from , actually it was referring to something more accurate and comprehensive in a very few words ..
Since the formation of any Embryo needs to be done by two genders( not only male sperm , humans and animals knows that since the beginning of time ) ... and Since two genders means gonads (ovaries and testes) in order for Embryo to be created or made .
The verse referred amazingly to the primordial germ cells (ovaries and testes) the genital ridge which found in the dorsal region of the embryo in front of the backbone ( between the mid-spine and almost against the bottom of the ribs ) before Embryo determined by gender (as it shows clearly in the picture below) :

Thank you

Old 05-16-2012, 03:22 PM

1,974 posts, read 1,940,422 times
Development

There are two phases in which the testes grow substantially; namely in embryonic and pubertal age.
Embryonic

During mammalian development, the gonads are at first capable of becoming either ovaries or testes.[9] In humans, starting at about week 4 the gonadal rudiments are present within the intermediate mesoderm adjacent to the developing kidneys. At about week 6, sex cords develop within the forming testes. These are made up of early Sertoli cells that surround and nurture the germ cells that migrate into the gonads shortly before sex determination begins. In males, the sex-specific gene SRY that is found on the Y-chromosome initiates sex determination by downstream regulation of sex-determining factors, (such as GATA4, SOX9 and AMH), which leads to development of the male phenotype, including directing development of the early bipotential gonad down the male path of development.
Testes follow the "path of descent" from high in the posterior fetal abdomen to the inguinal ring and beyond to the inguinal canal and into the *******. In most cases (97% full-term, 70% preterm), both testes have descended by birth. In most other cases, only one testis fails to descend (cryptorchidism) and that will probabaly express itself within a year.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:41 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,917,890 times
Default Down to the Nubbins of it all....

No squall; in a nutshell (unlike my usual long-run posts...) I'm thinking that you're insisting that original Islam is somehow responsible for much of modern science's achievements. Even though in fact it's been existing in an intellectual/scientific black hole for the past several centuries at least!

1) Am I understanding you? Right or wrong?

2) Have you watched my earlier video post, featuring Dr. Tyson's comments?

Yes or no?

Then, if I can better understand your points or arguments, I'll go on. Else it's a waste of time!

Old 05-16-2012, 10:12 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,504,185 times
If the Quran contains such amazing science, why hasn't it led to a single breakthrough for mankind?

Why do we only find out what the cryptic verses really mean after science has already solved the puzzle?

Old 05-16-2012, 11:00 PM

63,813 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
No squall; in a nutshell (unlike my usual long-run posts...) I'm thinking that you're insisting that original Islam is somehow responsible for much of modern science's achievements. Even though in fact it's been existing in an intellectual/scientific black hole for the past several centuries at least!
You hit the nail on the head every time, rifle! This Islamic propaganda gets so tiresome.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:47 PM

5,563 posts, read 7,214,408 times
Scientific claims of the Quran refuted
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam