Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 07:25 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,081,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProcess View Post
From another Muslim here:

So you would need a caliph for aggressive jihad.

Also, the Muslim world isn't that strong at the moment compared to others that could intervene.

Muslims nations just wouldn't be in a position to start a war against many other nations.

And has already been mentioned, a Muslim country isn't necessarily 100% properly Islamic anyway. Their rulers may have different interests than traditional Islam.
Yes there can be aggressive Jihad under a True Caliph, which will not occur until the Return of Jesus(a.s.) and the arrival of the Mehdi when together they will wage war against the Dajjal(antichrist) and his followers.

Old 08-11-2015, 09:40 AM

1,601 posts, read 1,165,530 times
"together they will wage war against the Dajjal(antichrist) and his followers."

Why is a war needed? Couldn't allah just strike everyone dead that he wants dead? Does he want to see even more bloody slaughter? The more I read, the more I think that this allah is downright naughty. He sets us up to slaughter each other, plots and schemes against us (talk about an unfair advantage!!) and picks a very evil man as his prophet. He even gives permission for men to rape captive women! And boy, does he ever love that everlasting and terrible punishment! And he sure goes on about menstruation.

I'm reading that all disbelievers will spend eternity in hell suffering terrible punishment. I just want to be sure...does this mean that every disbeliever who ever existed and who ever will exist will be going to hell for terrible punishment?

"What Does Islam Say about
the Day of Judgment?

Like Christians, Muslims believe that the present life is only a trial preparation for the next realm of existence. This life is a test for each individual for the life after death. A day will come when the whole universe will be destroyed and the dead will be resurrected for judgment by God. This day will be the beginning of a life that will never end. This day is the Day of Judgment. On that day, all people will be rewarded by God according to their beliefs and deeds. Those who die while believing that “There is no true god but God, and Muhammad is the Messenger (Prophet) of God” and are Muslim will be rewarded on that day and will be admitted to Paradise forever, as God has said:

And those who believe and do good deeds, they are dwellers of Paradise, they dwell therein forever. (Quran, 2:82)

But those who die while not believing that “There is no true god but God, and Muhammad is the Messenger (Prophet) of God” or are not Muslim will lose Paradise forever and will be sent to Hellfire, as God has said:

And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will not be accepted from him and he will be one of the losers in the Hereafter. (Quran, 3:85)

And as He has said:

Those who have disbelieved and died in disbelief, the earth full of gold would not be accepted from any of them if it were offered as a ransom. They will have a painful punishment, and they will have no helpers. (Quran, 3:91)

One may ask, ‘I think Islam is a good religion, but if I were to convert to Islam, my family, friends, and other people would persecute me and make fun of me. So if I do not convert to Islam, will I enter Paradise and be saved from Hellfire?’

The answer is what God has said in the preceding verse, “And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will not be accepted from him and he will be one of the losers in the Hereafter.”

Islam Guide: What Does Islam Say about the Day of Judgment?

Old 08-12-2015, 03:33 AM

226 posts, read 161,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
These are your sources...A right wing nut site ?

Let me also give you a Muslim source then. From a quran commentary:

[9:29] Those who do not believe in Allah and the Last Day26 - even though they were given the scriptures, and who do not hold as unlawful27 that which Allah and His Messenger have declared to be unlawful, and who do not follow the true religion - fight against them until they pay tribute out of their hand and are utterly subdued.28

26. Though the people of the Book professed to believe in Allah and the Hereafter, in fact they believed in neither. For only that person really believes in Allah who acknowledges Him as the only one God and the only one Lord, and does not associate with Him any other, whatsoever, in His Being, in His characteristics, in His rights and in His powers and authority. But according to this definition of shirk both the Christians and the Jews were guilty of shirk as has been made plain in the verses that follow: therefore their profession of belief in Allah was meaningless. Likewise they did not really believe in the Hereafter, in spite of the fact that they believed in resurrection. For it is not enough: one must also believe that on that Day absolute justice will be done on the basis of one’s belief and actions. One should also believe that no ransom and no expiation and no spiritual relationships with any saint shall be of any avail on that Day. It is absolutely meaningless to believe in the Hereafter without this. And the Jews and the Christians had polluted their faiths because they believed that such things would protect them against justice on that day.

27. The second reason why Jihad should be waged against them is that they did not adopt the law sent down by Allah through His Messenger.

28. This is the aim of Jihad with the Jews and the Christians and it is not to force them to become Muslims and adopt the Islamic way of life. They should be forced to pay jizyah in order to put an end to their independence and supremacy so that they should not remain rulers and sovereigns in the land. These powers should be wrested from them by the followers of the true faith, who should assume the sovereignty and lead others towards the right way, while they should become their subjects and pay jizyah. Jizyah is paid by those non-Muslims who live as zimmis (proteges) in an Islamic state, in exchange for the security and protection granted to them by it. This is also symbolical of the fact that they themselves agree to live in it as its subjects. This is the significance of “they pay the tribute out of (their) hand,” that is, “with full consent so that they willingly become the subjects of the believers, who perform the duty of the vicegerents of Allah on the earth.”

At first this command applied only to the Jews and the Christians. Then the Prophet (peace be upon him) himself extended it to the Zoroastrians also. After his death, his companions unanimously applied this rule to all the non Muslim nations outside Arabia.

This is jizyah of which the Muslims have been feeling apologetic during the last two centuries of their degeneration and there are still some people who continue to apologize for it. But the way of Allah is straight and clear and does not stand in need of any apology to the rebels against Allah. Instead of offering apologies on behalf of Islam for the measure that guarantees security of life, property and faith to those who choose to live under its protection, the Muslims should feel proud of such a humane law as that of jizyah. For it is obvious that the maximum freedom that can be allowed to those who do not adopt the Way of Allah but choose to tread the ways of error is that they should be tolerated to lead the life they like. That is why the Islamic state offers them protection, if they agree to live as its zimmis by paying jizyah, but it cannot allow that they should remain supreme rulers in any place and establish wrong ways and impose them on others. As this state of things inevitably produces chaos and disorder, it is the duty of the true Muslims to exert their utmost to bring to an end their wicked rule and bring them under a righteous order.

As regards the question, “What do the non-Muslims get in return for jizyah”, it may suffice to say that it is the price of the freedom which the Islamic state allows them in following their erroneous ways, while living in the jurisdiction of Islam and enjoying its protection. The money thus collected is spent in maintaining the righteous administration that gives them the freedom and protects their rights. This also serves as a yearly reminder to them that they have been deprived of the honor of paying Zakat in the Way of Allah, and forced to pay jizyah instead as a price of following the ways of error.

Surah At-Tauba 9:1-129 - Towards Understanding the Quran - Quran Translation Commentary - Tafheem ul Quran

Old 08-12-2015, 03:37 AM

This is from a right-wing site that you can complain about if you wish, but anyway...

Danusha Goska:

I grew up, and currently live, in Passaic County, New Jersey, which is said to have the second largest Muslim population in the U.S. I grew up with Arabs and with Muslims. I have had Muslim friends, boyfriends, bosses, coworkers, and students. I love many Muslims. I feel for them the kind of love you feel for any close friend. When I was a girl, one day a Muslim friend turned to me and said, “When the time for jihad comes, if you don’t accept Islam, I will have to kill you.”

A Professor

Old 08-12-2015, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Let me also give you a Muslim source then. From a quran commentary:

[9:29] Those who do not believe in Allah and the Last Day26 - even though they were given the scriptures, and who do not hold as unlawful27 that which Allah and His Messenger have declared to be unlawful, and who do not follow the true religion - fight against them until they pay tribute out of their hand and are utterly subdued.28

26. Though the people of the Book professed to believe in Allah and the Hereafter, in fact they believed in neither. For only that person really believes in Allah who acknowledges Him as the only one God and the only one Lord, and does not associate with Him any other, whatsoever, in His Being, in His characteristics, in His rights and in His powers and authority. But according to this definition of shirk both the Christians and the Jews were guilty of shirk as has been made plain in the verses that follow: therefore their profession of belief in Allah was meaningless. Likewise they did not really believe in the Hereafter, in spite of the fact that they believed in resurrection. For it is not enough: one must also believe that on that Day absolute justice will be done on the basis of one’s belief and actions. One should also believe that no ransom and no expiation and no spiritual relationships with any saint shall be of any avail on that Day. It is absolutely meaningless to believe in the Hereafter without this. And the Jews and the Christians had polluted their faiths because they believed that such things would protect them against justice on that day.

27. The second reason why Jihad should be waged against them is that they did not adopt the law sent down by Allah through His Messenger.

28. This is the aim of Jihad with the Jews and the Christians and it is not to force them to become Muslims and adopt the Islamic way of life. They should be forced to pay jizyah in order to put an end to their independence and supremacy so that they should not remain rulers and sovereigns in the land. These powers should be wrested from them by the followers of the true faith, who should assume the sovereignty and lead others towards the right way, while they should become their subjects and pay jizyah. Jizyah is paid by those non-Muslims who live as zimmis (proteges) in an Islamic state, in exchange for the security and protection granted to them by it. This is also symbolical of the fact that they themselves agree to live in it as its subjects. This is the significance of “they pay the tribute out of (their) hand,” that is, “with full consent so that they willingly become the subjects of the believers, who perform the duty of the vicegerents of Allah on the earth.”

At first this command applied only to the Jews and the Christians. Then the Prophet (peace be upon him) himself extended it to the Zoroastrians also. After his death, his companions unanimously applied this rule to all the non Muslim nations outside Arabia.

This is jizyah of which the Muslims have been feeling apologetic during the last two centuries of their degeneration and there are still some people who continue to apologize for it. But the way of Allah is straight and clear and does not stand in need of any apology to the rebels against Allah. Instead of offering apologies on behalf of Islam for the measure that guarantees security of life, property and faith to those who choose to live under its protection, the Muslims should feel proud of such a humane law as that of jizyah. For it is obvious that the maximum freedom that can be allowed to those who do not adopt the Way of Allah but choose to tread the ways of error is that they should be tolerated to lead the life they like. That is why the Islamic state offers them protection, if they agree to live as its zimmis by paying jizyah, but it cannot allow that they should remain supreme rulers in any place and establish wrong ways and impose them on others. As this state of things inevitably produces chaos and disorder, it is the duty of the true Muslims to exert their utmost to bring to an end their wicked rule and bring them under a righteous order.

As regards the question, “What do the non-Muslims get in return for jizyah”, it may suffice to say that it is the price of the freedom which the Islamic state allows them in following their erroneous ways, while living in the jurisdiction of Islam and enjoying its protection. The money thus collected is spent in maintaining the righteous administration that gives them the freedom and protects their rights. This also serves as a yearly reminder to them that they have been deprived of the honor of paying Zakat in the Way of Allah, and forced to pay jizyah instead as a price of following the ways of error.

Surah At-Tauba 9:1-129 - Towards Understanding the Quran - Quran Translation Commentary - Tafheem ul Quran
Making a short explanation.

Yes we believe people that deliberatly refuse to accept Allaah(swt) after learning about him will not reach heaven. That is a bit like saying that people who refuse to buy a plane ticket to Paris, are not going to get to heaven. It is about choice and intent. They are not being sent to hellfire, they are deliberatly coosing it of their own free will and making an informed choice.

Nothing about harming disbelievers while they are alive on earth.

We also are told that all people will be rewarded for the good they do, even disbelievers. The reward will be in any combination of on earth, in the grave of in the hereafter.

No one is going to hell simply because they have not had the opportunity to worship God(swt).

Some conditions will be met such as

1. A person has been given the opportunity to learn about allaah(swt)
2. They are aware of the consequences if they choose not to
3. It is through their free will, with knowledge and intent they do not do so.

People with no knowledge through no fault of their own will be judged on the bases of the good and bad they do in this life.

No one is going to be sent to hell they have to make the choice of refusing heaven. we each have full control over the bus ticket we decide to buy.

The warnings in the Qur'an are harh, but the results are harsh and the Qur'an gives us reasons to make the safe choices. Sort of like when parents tell their kids to not play in the road and play in either the12 `q1yard of on the playground. The parent is going to inform the kids of what might happen if they play in the road. They are also told of the rules they must follow to play safely on the playground. The parents are not being bossy and controlling, they are telling what it takes to avoid harm and how to enjoy the playground.

Old 08-12-2015, 08:48 AM

"Yes we believe people that deliberatly refuse to accept Allaah(swt) after learning about him will not reach heaven. That is a bit like saying that people who refuse to buy a plane ticket to Paris, are not going to get to heaven. It is about choice and intent. They are not being sent to hellfire, they are deliberatly coosing it of their own free will and making an informed choice."

Not going to some fictional heaven is fine. No problem.It is the incitement to hate that is the problem. If all the Quran said was that disbelievers would not go to heaven, that's cool. But there's all that business of how the CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE (that all Muslims must submit to) screams over and over that disbelievers are evil and will get horrible and endless torture from him. They are indeed being sent to hellfire:

" then fear the Fire (Hell) whose fuel is men and stones, prepared for the disbelievers.......Say to those who disbelieve, "You will be overcome and gathered together to Hell, and wretched is the resting place."......They will abide therein (Hell). Neither will their torment be lightened, nor will it be delayed or postponed (for a while)......Then taste the torment (in Hell) for rejecting Faith."......And some among them believed in it, and some among them were averse to it. And sufficient is Hell as a blaze.......And whoever opposes the Messenger after guidance has become clear to him and follows other than the way of the believers - We will give him what he has taken and drive him into Hell, and evil it is as a destination......... the hypocrites and disbelievers in Hell all together......They who disbelieve and deny our Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) are those who will be the dwellers of the Hell-fire........And this is a blessed Book (the Quran) which We have sent down, so follow it and fear Allah (i.e. do not disobey His Orders), that you may receive mercy (i.e. saved from the torment of Hell)..........[ Allah ] said, "Get out of Paradise, reproached and expelled. Whoever follows you among them - I will surely fill Hell with you, all together."

There is much much much more. That's just a start. This incites hate and violence, as we have seen. There is also hate speech like this:
"your Lord inspired to the angels, "I am with you, so strengthen those who have believed. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieved, so strike [them] upon the necks and strike from them every fingertip.".....But as for those who disbelieve, garments of fire will be cut out for them; boiling fluid will be poured down on their heads,With it will be scalded what is within their bodies, as well as (their) skins. In addition there will be maces of iron (to punish) them....Every time they seek to get away therefrom, from anguish, they will be driven back therein, and (it will be) said to them: "Taste the torment of burning!"

I am sickened by the endless hate speech in the Quran. Verse after verse of the CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE calling the disbelievers evil and damning them to hell, describing how they will be horribly and endlessly tortured, etc.

"Nothing about harming disbelievers while they are alive on earth."

Of course this is wrong. Why do you say this?

The truth:

9:123 O ye who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are near to you, and let them find harshness in you, and know that Allah is with those who keep their duty (unto Him).

8:7 [Remember, O believers], when Allah promised you one of the two groups - that it would be yours - and you wished that the unarmed one would be yours. But Allah intended to establish the truth by His words and to eliminate the disbelievers

8:39 And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and polytheism: i.e. worshipping others besides Allah) and the religion (worship) will all be for Allah Alone [in the whole of the world]. But if they cease (worshipping others besides Allah), then certainly, Allah is All-Seer of what they do.

9:5 And when the sacred months have passed, then kill the polytheists wherever you find them and capture them and besiege them and sit in wait for them at every place of ambush. But if they should repent, establish prayer, and give zakah, let them [go] on their way. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.

9:29 Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture as believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, and forbid not that which Allah hath forbidden by His messenger, and follow not the Religion of Truth, until they pay the tribute readily, being brought low.

etc, etc, etc.....

How can any rational and good person want to believe and totally submit to such hate and incitement to violence? Are these sickening threats of everlasting torture and being slaughtered by believers really going to make good people want to believe in such a thing? Yes, I can see cowards and those inclined to violence hopping on the bandwagon, and obviously brainwashed children...but moral people can't be threatened by such evil. I could never submit to such hate and violence and irrationality.

Thank goodness that the truth is that there is no such hell and no such torture. No superbeing is sending 'angels' to strike disbelievers dead. It's all just a made up book written by one evil man that did horrible things. They mystery is: how could so many humans fall for such a thing?

Old 08-12-2015, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Making a short explanation.

Yes we believe people that deliberatly refuse to accept Allaah(swt) after learning about him will not reach heaven....

You misunderstood the point of the quote. I was giving that quote to support the idea that some Muslim fundies (not all Muslims!) can see themselves as "at war" with the rest of civilization. So they have to steal the government of non-Muslims.

Old 08-12-2015, 10:02 AM

Quote:
You misunderstood the point of the quote. I was giving that quote to support the idea that some Muslim fundies (not all Muslims!) can see themselves as "at war" with the rest of civilization. So they have to steal the government of non-Muslims.
What some Muslims believe is just that, what some Muslims believe.

They are doing so because of their own desires, not because they are Muslim. all people that are aggresors will find a reason to Justify their aggression. That does not mean what they misuse as their justification is the cause.

Old 08-12-2015, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post
"Yes we believe people that deliberatly refuse to accept Allaah(swt) after learning about him will not reach heaven. That is a bit like saying that people who refuse to buy a plane ticket to Paris, are not going to get to heaven. It is about choice and intent. They are not being sent to hellfire, they are deliberatly coosing it of their own free will and making an informed choice."

Not going to some fictional heaven is fine. No problem.It is the incitement to hate that is the problem. If all the Quran said was that disbelievers would not go to heaven, that's cool. But there's all that business of how the CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE (that all Muslims must submit to) screams over and over that disbelievers are evil and will get horrible and endless torture from him. They are indeed being sent to hellfire:

" then fear the Fire (Hell) whose fuel is men and stones, prepared for the disbelievers.......Say to those who disbelieve, "You will be overcome and gathered together to Hell, and wretched is the resting place."......They will abide therein (Hell). Neither will their torment be lightened, nor will it be delayed or postponed (for a while)......Then taste the torment (in Hell) for rejecting Faith."......And some among them believed in it, and some among them were averse to it. And sufficient is Hell as a blaze.......And whoever opposes the Messenger after guidance has become clear to him and follows other than the way of the believers - We will give him what he has taken and drive him into Hell, and evil it is as a destination......... the hypocrites and disbelievers in Hell all together......They who disbelieve and deny our Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) are those who will be the dwellers of the Hell-fire........And this is a blessed Book (the Quran) which We have sent down, so follow it and fear Allah (i.e. do not disobey His Orders), that you may receive mercy (i.e. saved from the torment of Hell)..........[ Allah ] said, "Get out of Paradise, reproached and expelled. Whoever follows you among them - I will surely fill Hell with you, all together."

There is much much much more. That's just a start. This incites hate and violence, as we have seen. There is also hate speech like this:
"your Lord inspired to the angels, "I am with you, so strengthen those who have believed. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieved, so strike [them] upon the necks and strike from them every fingertip.".....But as for those who disbelieve, garments of fire will be cut out for them; boiling fluid will be poured down on their heads,With it will be scalded what is within their bodies, as well as (their) skins. In addition there will be maces of iron (to punish) them....Every time they seek to get away therefrom, from anguish, they will be driven back therein, and (it will be) said to them: "Taste the torment of burning!"

I am sickened by the endless hate speech in the Quran. Verse after verse of the CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE calling the disbelievers evil and damning them to hell, describing how they will be horribly and endlessly tortured, etc.

"Nothing about harming disbelievers while they are alive on earth."

Of course this is wrong. Why do you say this?

The truth:

9:123 O ye who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are near to you, and let them find harshness in you, and know that Allah is with those who keep their duty (unto Him).

8:7 [Remember, O believers], when Allah promised you one of the two groups - that it would be yours - and you wished that the unarmed one would be yours. But Allah intended to establish the truth by His words and to eliminate the disbelievers

8:39 And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and polytheism: i.e. worshipping others besides Allah) and the religion (worship) will all be for Allah Alone [in the whole of the world]. But if they cease (worshipping others besides Allah), then certainly, Allah is All-Seer of what they do.

9:5 And when the sacred months have passed, then kill the polytheists wherever you find them and capture them and besiege them and sit in wait for them at every place of ambush. But if they should repent, establish prayer, and give zakah, let them [go] on their way. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.

9:29 Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture as believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, and forbid not that which Allah hath forbidden by His messenger, and follow not the Religion of Truth, until they pay the tribute readily, being brought low.

etc, etc, etc.....

How can any rational and good person want to believe and totally submit to such hate and incitement to violence? Are these sickening threats of everlasting torture and being slaughtered by believers really going to make good people want to believe in such a thing? Yes, I can see cowards and those inclined to violence hopping on the bandwagon, and obviously brainwashed children...but moral people can't be threatened by such evil. I could never submit to such hate and violence and irrationality.

Thank goodness that the truth is that there is no such hell and no such torture. No superbeing is sending 'angels' to strike disbelievers dead. It's all just a made up book written by one evil man that did horrible things. They mystery is: how could so many humans fall for such a thing?
To a "good person" (if such a thing exists) threats of punishment for evil have no bearing. The only people that need fear or will misuse such words are those who have aggression in their heart and thought.

Because the Road from Dallas to Austin carries severe punishment for drunk drivers, does not mean the road causes aggressions towards non-Texans.

The majority of Muslims do find that Islam promotes peace and fair treatment of all people. We do find the Qur'an to be a book of love and hope we do see it as a message of charity.

As a person who at various times lived my the bible, I find the Qur'an to be the most peace promoting of the 2.

Old 08-12-2015, 11:39 AM

"To a "good person" (if such a thing exists)"

Such a thing does exist.

" threats of punishment for evil have no bearing."

Punishments for disbelief. You drop that context. Disbelief = evil according to Islam.

Consider:

Muslims are going to slaughter you for your evil disbelief....that has a huge bearing! Self-defense! I know people who have had to go into hiding from Muslims looking for them to slaughter them. I have had to try to remove all my personal information from the internet because of Muslims with death threats against me and my family. Muslims have even posted what personal information they could find about me!

Consider:

Someone is going to slaughter you if you do not drop all your beliefs in an instant! They have already slaughtered many in your village!! Does that have a bearing on you? Can you abandon beliefs you have held and start believing in these new beliefs of a god that wants you to submit or be slaughtered (or roast in hell while enduring endless torture?) What if I hold a gun to your head and tell you to believe in Scientology and not Islam, can you do it? Of course not. Yet Muslims and Muhammed/Allah think that this should happen to people who do not submit to Islam. THAT is evil.

Consider:

Someone happens to be very moral. They are against rape, torture, men having sex with children, irrationality, terrorism, etc. Yet they see all these things promoted in Islam. (I've given you proof after proof of this). Under Islam, They are told they must think a man who did all these things and more is a perfect example!! Do you really think that they will turn their back on their very moral ideology and submit to such evil? So, Muhammed/Allah now demands them to be slaughtered. For being good and not submitting to evil!

Consider:

When good men do nothing, evil wins. Good people have to fight against evil, and that means fighting against the evil in Islam. Part of being a good person is holding the moral value of JUSTICE. The bearing evil has on al good people is that the good must stand against evil. We have to take time and energy to teach the truth, to correct misinformation, to protect from terrorism and hate and having our children brainwashed and Shariah law instituted in our countries and clean up after riots and move when we live in areas that Muslims take over, etc, etc.

If I accept your assertion that Allah CREATED THE UNIVERSE and wrote the Quran, then I know that Allah is a great evil. That a CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE would incite such hate and violence and talk about how he is going to endlessly torture people in a horrible ways...WTF?? That this being encourages rape of captive women and a 53 year old man having sex with a 4th grader?!

"Because the Road from Dallas to Austin carries severe punishment for drunk drivers, does not mean the road causes aggressions towards non-Texans."

Your sentence needs to be corrected: "Because the Quran carries severe punishment and demands to kill disbelievers, does not mean the Quran causes aggressions towards disbelievers."

"The majority of Muslims do find that Islam promotes peace and fair treatment of all people. We do find the Qur'an to be a book of love and hope we do see it as a message of charity."

I do not believe that. I have spoken to over 2,500 Muslims. I have read the Quran and hadiths. I have studied history. I see what is happening around the world today. I see how many Islamic terrorist attacks take place daily. I have listened to both Imams and ex-Muslims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam