Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2013, 06:44 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,485,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by packer43064 View Post
Agreed. These questions aren't rocket science.

Q:You are a Team Player.

A: Strongly disagree

Like who does that. I know people who flunked those tests because they answered how they truly are! What employer wants to hire someone who isn't a team player? Seriously people...again not rocket science.
I think some tests may have a way record you first possible answer, moving cursor, then changing and selecting another. But they ask the same question 3-4 diff. ways to try and get an inconsistent answer IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 01:51 AM

2,135 posts, read 4,274,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midtown mile girl View Post
There is still are more jobseekers than jobs. I have been looking for a job for awhile, and getting interviews are near impossible unless you are a tech geek or sales pro. You can do all the right things- get the resume reviewed, network, etc. and still get radio silence or the thanks but no thanks letter.
I pick up temp things here and there, but it's still bad out there.
I understand that there are technically more people looking for jobs than there are jobs out there.

What I don't get is how people can go YEARS without a job! In several years there WILL be a job out there for you. You might have to be on unemployment for awhile...but years is ridiculous. It might not be a 50k a year job, but when unemployment runs out even that $9 an hour job will look tempting.

Old 04-04-2013, 04:04 AM

1,923 posts, read 2,410,943 times
Your guess is as good as mine. There is a large hispanic population out here. I apply online or on the off chance I will go in with a paper application. Dressed well, polite, asking for the manager and handing it to them. Then they say we aren't hiring blah blah blah. Following up gets the same results, or yelled at. Usually I don't even hear a peep when I apply online. I'm applying to mainstream places. I don't care. Fast food, pharmacy cashier, weed wacking for a retirement home, I don't really care. I'll work any hours and any days!!!!

Like I said, there's lots of advertisements that say "NOW HIRING!!!! GRRRRR" but this is an egyptian puzzle to me.

Old 04-04-2013, 04:23 AM

23 posts, read 84,966 times
Default hmm

it's easier for people to judge than to sympathize...

Old 04-04-2013, 08:16 AM

4,713 posts, read 9,705,144 times
Quote:
I know people who flunked those tests because they answered how they truly are!

It is impossible to "flunk" a personality test because they are not designed to have a passing or failing grade.

Anyone who believes that these tests work this way have no clue what they are talking about.

Any employer who uses these tests in a pass/fail manner has no clue how to properly utilize them, and is doing so in an inappropriate manner.

Last edited by Tober138; 04-04-2013 at 09:45 AM..

Old 04-04-2013, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Unless your dumb those are easy to pass.
I am guessing that people who do not know the difference between "you're" and "your" likely have issues with these tests.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:09 AM

2,135 posts, read 4,274,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
It is impossible to "flunk" a personality test because they are not designed to have a passing or failing grade.

Anyone who believes that these tests work this way have no clue what they are talking about.

Any employer who uses these tests in a pass/fail manner has no clue how to properly utilize them, and is doing so in an inappropriate manner.

I have known people to not get a job because they answered these tests wrong.

I have never had a problem with them. Always got the interview. Again....this isn't rocket science or brain surgery. It might be for you, but not for the vast majority.

Quote:
I am guessing that people who do not know the difference between "you're" and "your" likely have issues with these tests.
Because using "your" and "you're" makes you a complete idiot. Your...you're a funny guy.

Old 04-04-2013, 04:34 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,745,778 times
Quote:
Quote:

Just like anyone who doesn't know the difference between "has", "had" and "have" and doesn't know how to use prepositions also has no clue of what they're talking about?

Old 04-05-2013, 05:51 AM

3,739 posts, read 4,636,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaWill35 View Post
it's easier for people to judge than to sympathize...

But of course.

Old 04-05-2013, 07:42 AM

Quote:
I have known people to not get a job because they answered these tests wrong.
One cannot answer these test items, "wrong" or "right". That is not how they are designed.

Quote:
....this isn't rocket science or brain surgery. It might be for you, but not for the vast majority.
I don't know much about rocket science...mainly because I am a psychologist by training. So I do know a thing or seven about personality test construction and interpretation.

Quote:
Your...you're a funny guy.
Thanks. I'll be here all week. Tip your waitresses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search