Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 11:54 AM

1 posts, read 37,994 times

Advertisements

I have received an email from Brian Hollin and Allen Gilmore offering me a job as Logistics Manager with Global Logistics Express. My job would be to receive and then resend packages. It pays $1,800 per month. All of the packages would be sent overseas. The scam goes like this. They buy stuff from Amazon and Ebay with stolen credit card numbers. They send the packages to you and then you send them on overseas. It will be a short time before a Law Enforcement Officer shows up at your door with handcuffs to take you to jail. I understand these type email have been going out under different company names since June, 2012. Lucky I did some research before I jumped in. I guess several of these scamers have devised an application you have to fill out which includes personal information including your Social Security Number. Making you a double victim of this fraud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2014, 07:32 PM

2 posts, read 74,500 times
* *sounds very similar to the one that I received from hey company claiming to be starting a new trucking company company

*Please, note that your CREDIT LIMIT = AVAILABLE CREDIT + CURRENT (OUTSTANDING) BALANCE
*So the maximum you can apply for is your Current balance. They also call it Outstanding Balance in some banks.
*This rule doesn't apply if you use Bank of America credit card - they don't have current balance restriction.
*You can also use multiple cards to request the PO money.
*Please apply and keep me updated as you proceed.

**** GO N-Y-Rangers [!!!!]
Jason A. Whitney, Special Projects -*(646) 593-8910
First National Transportation Network (USA) Co., LTD.Co., LLC. *

Old 04-03-2014, 07:36 PM

2 posts, read 74,500 times
anyway they claim to be offering a job starting at 70,000 a year as a logistics manager set up 5 weeks of testing where they send you documents to learn and a test on Friday the documents seem like it's actually learning logistics and overseas rules for shipping. However 2 weeks into the testing they send you a well being considered job proposition where they want you to purchase electronic equipment and ups send it to them overseas. Funny that they are a logistics company but want you to use UPS. Anyway they give you account information to pay off a current credit card bill were you moneyor have an outstanding balance off at least $3000 you are to immediately go to Best Buy and purchase MacBooks go figure and other electronic equipment for the amount that they paid you $300 which is your commission for your work. Although I did not continue and figure out just how much or how far this would go as I'm not an idiot but it just goes to show how expensive these dams can get

Old 02-03-2015, 06:46 PM

1 posts, read 35,954 times
If a company is a scam and their wasting peoples time and potentially money, this and any place almost that deals with consumer news is a place to post it. Langeland Express is a scam, I been taking their tests for two weeks now and any question I have asked about their company they refuse to answer. I have checked on their legitimacy with the Denmark authorities and they could not find them. Company will not provide a CVR number, something all Denmark Companies will carry. After two weeks and passing their first two tests, they now will not answer any of my emails since I appear to be on to them. They even faked a call from Denmark and did a phone interview with me last week. They said I passed it with flying colors. I think if its obvious a company in scamming and preying peoples hopes and desires, then they need to be exposed. Who cares what forum it comes out in if its helping to protect people. If this or any company is legit, then they need to be able to respond honestly to the most basic of inquiries. Langeland has responded by silence and this puts them in the wrong, not people who need to get the word out anyway then can about a fraudulent activity... Thank you for your very sharp post about this company. All the names and information you gave is exactly how the company represented itself to me. You can neither call a phone number to contact anyone and their website is now conveniently down.... Thanks for reaffirming what I already knew. People need to be warned about Langeland Express.. I am actually responding to a different page with Langleland Express post complaining about them and someone said this is not the place to do it. I disagree, the fake logistics company must be brought to light.... same phone number H.R. peoples names and everything.

Old 04-16-2015, 11:45 AM

1 posts, read 35,508 times
My question to user scamemail is how they found out that the Fiege Group Company uses stolen credit card information to make their purchases? I just received a similar email to offer me a Logistics Manager working from a virtual office. The email outlined a description identical to yours "My job would be to receive and then resend packages. It pays $1,800 per month. All of the packages would be sent overseas. The scam goes like this. They buy stuff from Amazon and Ebay with stolen credit card numbers. They send the packages to you and then you send them on overseas. It will be a short time before a Law Enforcement Officer shows up at your door with handcuffs to take you to jail. I understand these type email have been going out under different company names since June, 2012. Lucky I did some research before I jumped in. I guess several of these scamers have devised an application you have to fill out which includes personal information including your Social Security Number. Making you a double victim of this fraud."

Read more: [url]http://www.city-data.com/forum/work-employment/1922203-scam-email-offering-job-logistics-manager.html#ixzz3XUlPSi7B[/url]

Old 04-30-2015, 03:37 PM

4 posts, read 37,289 times
Hi. I just received one today. It's from Bornholm Logistics. They are offering $75K for a Transportation Manager. Exact same testing details as previous posts.

Old 05-01-2015, 11:46 AM

734 posts, read 1,081,466 times
I get them every once in a while. I just add the sender to my blocked list and delete.

Old 05-01-2015, 12:19 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
I don't understand how people think a stranger can actually be offering them a job or business opportunity with no prior contact or communication?

Old 05-01-2015, 03:21 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,557,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I don't understand how people think a stranger can actually be offering them a job or business opportunity with no prior contact or communication?
There's one born every day. ....

Old 05-01-2015, 03:42 PM

1,112 posts, read 1,143,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scamemail View Post
I have received an email from Brian Hollin and Allen Gilmore offering me a job as Logistics Manager with Global Logistics Express. My job would be to receive and then resend packages. It pays $1,800 per month. All of the packages would be sent overseas. The scam goes like this. They buy stuff from Amazon and Ebay with stolen credit card numbers. They send the packages to you and then you send them on overseas. It will be a short time before a Law Enforcement Officer shows up at your door with handcuffs to take you to jail. I understand these type email have been going out under different company names since June, 2012. Lucky I did some research before I jumped in. I guess several of these scamers have devised an application you have to fill out which includes personal information including your Social Security Number. Making you a double victim of this fraud.
I got that same email. Delete it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search