Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2014, 06:25 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,698,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
I think of 'binding contract' as a legal term. I'm not making a legal argument, I'm making a factual argument.
Factually, he offered me a job.

You keep saying this, but factually (as we are all trying to get you to understand) you have NOT been offered anything even remotely close to a job. You are going off hearsay (you keep saying that your friend told you that they had conversations on the phone) and then you saw a text message.

If I text you today and said "Hey I've got a job for you" would you consider that a job offer? Contact a lawyer and ask them.

It looks like you're out for monetary compensation and this game could get dangerous. What will you do when you confront him, he bans you from any chance of employment with his company, and then tells other companies in the area not to hire you? Think it won't happen? Think again.

Then when you slander him online for not giving you the job you were never officially offered, he will sue you for libel and win.

Honestly no one on here cares one way or another. But we are all trying to give you advice that you refuse to listen to because it doesn't fit your pre-determined agenda. Step back for a minute and re-read this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2014, 06:26 AM

5,298 posts, read 5,259,414 times
I have yet to see anything where he called you anything other than a friend of his cousin. Wouldnt your actual name have to be on a job offer?

Old 11-04-2014, 06:30 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,698,860 times
Quote:
This post is utter horsechit. You may not hire people without having them jump through these hoops, that doesn't mean other business owners don't. If I were you I wouldn't be bragging about how smart you are, either. Drug testing a necessary component to hiring? Puh-leaze.

If you're driving a company vehicle, then YES it is required by the insurance companies. If you have an accident with no drug testing on file in a company vehicle (and you may even require a health card) the company insurance can SUE the company. If you can find one company that will risk this, I'll hire you right now.

Business owners who have spent any amount of time in business will absolutely follow the steps he outlined because it covers them from liabilities. Lawyers have helped them draw up these documents to meet state and/or federal employment regulations.

Please do your research.

Old 11-04-2014, 07:13 AM

101 posts, read 141,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior12 View Post
There's simply no way this is real.
This. At first I thought it was real, but the more the op argues, the more I have a high suspicion that this thread is a troll thread.

Old 11-04-2014, 07:22 AM

2,294 posts, read 2,786,181 times
Well, the day of reckoning is here. Time for the op to go crash a family event.

Old 11-04-2014, 07:27 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,194,997 times
Quote:
I saw what his cousin said to my friend on his phone. He offered me the job. He is bringing me because we are certainly going to confront him and ask him why he offered us these jobs then reneged.
Yea, this can only be seen as a positive move on your part.

Old 11-04-2014, 07:45 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,470,313 times
Quote:
I'll also ask him how he plans to compensate us for hanging us out to dry this last week.
Oooh! I need some seasoning salt for my melted butter! BRB...

Old 11-04-2014, 07:46 AM

587 posts, read 918,501 times
I haven't read through all these posts, but what outcome are you looking for with this action?

If a guy told my cousin he wanted to go out on a date with me via text and then changed his mind, I am not sure what the point would be of confronting him at a family gathering. I don't think it would make him want to date me and I doubt it would make me feel any better. What's the point, just to not let him 'get away' with it?

Old 11-04-2014, 07:47 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,470,313 times
Quote:
I already disclosed that it's heating and air conditioning systems. Heating systems in winter, air conditioning systems in summer.
If you're in central Georgia, I know the guy, and he just had a parasailing accident last week, which resulted in both of his legs, ankles, and feet being crushed. He is the hospital.

Last edited by convextech; 11-04-2014 at 07:56 AM..

Old 11-04-2014, 07:56 AM

2,294 posts, read 2,786,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
If you're in central Georgia, I know the guy, and he just had a parasailing accident last week, which resulted in both of his legs, ankles, and feet being crushed. He is the hospital.
You'd think a cousin "who was like a brother" to the CEO would know about something like that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search