Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2014, 12:56 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,865,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
both. when He first came He came as the sacrifical lamb (think Isaac or Joseph) and when He returns He will establish all that the Jews are looking forward to.
Thank you for the answer.

Quote:
yes, and it is these law that I see as pertaining to the Jew only, not the laws that overlap.
I do hope you realize that this is what we have been telling you from the onset:
The Noahide Laws apply to everyone.
Jewish law (which include the Noahide laws that apply to everyone) applies to Jews.

Like Hyperion said earlier, it's just like a venn diagram.

Old 03-27-2014, 01:08 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,389,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB from NC View Post
Thank you for the answer.

I do hope you realize that this is what we have been telling you from the onset:
The Noahide Laws apply to everyone.
Jewish law (which include the Noahide laws that apply to everyone) applies to Jews.

Like Hyperion said earlier, it's just like a venn diagram.

Your welcome.

Well then I think we are in agreement, but when I stated this same thinng before

Quote:
well is not the commandment thou shalt not murder in the Torah law or not? it is in the Torah law therefore according to Jews only then pertains to the Jews. Yet the Noahide laws which pertain to everyone hold that murder is agaisnt the law for everyone. How can this be? seems to me that there is a crossover and if a crossover how can the Jew state the laws God wrote in stone is for the Jews only?

IMO the laws written in stone by God are for everyone just as the Noahide laws are and the laws written for the Jew only are the 613 laws moses supossedly wrote.
iwish wrote back

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwishiwerethin View Post
So do you keep the Sabbath?
Do you eat Kosher?
Do you not wear Shatnez?
Do you wear Tefillin?

Why don't you do any of those things?
thus leading me to believe the Jews did not see it after this fashion.

Just miss comunication I guess.

Old 03-27-2014, 03:25 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwishiwerethin View Post
When somebody murders somebody in Germany he/she violates German law.
When somebody murders somebody in England he/she violates British law.
When a Jew murders somebody he/she violates the Torah's law.
When a non-Jew murders somebody he/she violates a Noachide law.

So yes, there's overlap. But the Torah has many many many more commandments than just 7. Those mitzvos obligate Jews, not gentiles.
When anyone commits murder they violate HaShem's Law...Israel was to be a Light (Guiding Beacon to the One True G-d) unto the world, what does a guiding beacon accomplish?...

Old 03-27-2014, 07:26 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
..Israel was to be a Light (Guiding Beacon to the One True G-d) unto the world, what does a guiding beacon accomplish?...
The key word for others is Guide rather than obligations.

The Guide:
Judaism 101: A List of the 613 Mitzvot (Commandments)

Old 03-27-2014, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post

The Guide:
Guiding beacon?...

Old 03-27-2014, 07:40 PM

Quote:

The Guide:

And Jews failed at this???...

Old 03-27-2014, 07:40 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Quote:
Guiding beacon?...
like a Lighthouse.

Old 03-27-2014, 09:48 PM

4,729 posts, read 4,365,132 times
Quote:
And Jews failed at this???...
We Jews have failed (ourselves) many times in our history. Guess what? We're still here. Why? Because we learn from our failures. And it makes us stronger. We're not a perfect people, but boy do we try our hardest to live lives of truth and meaning.

Old 03-28-2014, 01:49 AM

Quote:
like a Lighthouse.
To guide one safely to what?...

Old 03-28-2014, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
We Jews have failed (ourselves) many times in our history. Guess what? We're still here. Why? Because we learn from our failures. And it makes us stronger. We're not a perfect people, but boy do we try our hardest to live lives of truth and meaning.
So, why do you suppose HaShem expects the Jew to follow 613 commandments, but doesn't expect it out of the rest of the world?...Is HaShem not the Father of every human being that was, is or will be?...In the days of Noah did He not wipe out the entire human population save 8 righteous, and start over?...Did He not promise never to repent as such again?...He fixed the world, it went down hill again, but HaShem kept His promise and did not wipe all life off the face of the earth again...Instead HaShem called Abraham and made a covenant with him that includes Isaac and Ishmael, the sign of this covenant is the circumcision, which both Isaac and Ishmael observe...HaShem promised Abraham that he would be the Father of many nations, which nations are these???...I suspect HaShem chose a people through whom He could fix the world again, the Hebrews...A people through whom He could draw all people unto Himself...I asked this question of JB and he did not answer, why he thought the dietary laws were only for the Jew and not the whole world, given the research by Dr. David Israel Macht of Johns-Hopkins on the toxicity of unclean foods versus the non-toxicity of clean foods found in the Mosaic Dietary Food Laws with a 100% correlation...Do you reckon that HaShem desires only the Jew to eat healthy while the rest of the world slowly poisons themselves?...Or is the Jew to be an example of healthy living?...Of righteous living.?...A Light that beckons to those in the Dark, to lead them to safety...To observe all that HaShem has commanded is to live a long healthy and peaceful life...I think the entire human race should be singing from the same page..."fix the world through fixing yourself"...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism