Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2012, 10:09 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,956,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by In God We Trust View Post
That is not unpleasant. BTW nobody has never forced anyone to convert to Christianity. No Christians have never threatened anyone to convert. No 'Christian" countries have any Sharia Laws, unlike many Islamic nations, where any Muslims trying to leave their faith or convert to any other religion would be persecuted.
The Bible does not say to kill anyone who leave their faith. It howevers encourage us to teach about Christ.
REALLY NOW? Lie or just plain ignorance? Exactly what do think the Inquisition was about? What do you think happened during the Reformation and Counter-Reformation with Protestants and Catholics forcing each other to convert back and forth? And being an American Indian myself, I can guaran-damn-tee you that many of us were forced into Christianity at the point of a sword or the muzzle of a gun. And don't give me the "they weren't real Christians then" crap. They were real enough.

BTW, you might want to read up on the story of Hypatia of Alexandria to see just how far back forced conversion dates (and probably earlier than that).

Last edited by Fullback32; 06-13-2012 at 10:19 PM..

Old 06-13-2012, 10:13 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Quote:
That is not unpleasant. BTW nobody has never forced anyone to convert to Christianity. No Christians have never threatened anyone to convert. No 'Christian" countries have any Sharia Laws, unlike many Islamic nations, where any Muslims trying to leave their faith or convert to any other religion would be persecuted.
The Bible does not say to kill anyone who leave their faith. It howevers encourage us to teach about Christ.
what on earth do you mean? have u ever heard of the catholic church & knights templar, aramaic orthodox, how bout cathars of france. ????
entire peoples exterminated by Papal order.
convert or die.
what do you think they did to the indians in CA b4 they enslaved them? do you think conversion was voluntary? (while their women were raped by the soldiers?)

Old 06-14-2012, 09:25 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Quote:
Moderator cut: Orphaned
Your own Church has repudiated that ancient lie. So evidently, as pious as you want us to think you are, you stick to your own opinions regardless of what anyone says.

As to what you care about or don't care about--maybe you should confine those kinds of statements to yourself, rather than the much too general "we."

Just so you know...yeah, I'm Jewish. And as far as I'm concerned, you're welcome to try an infiltrate my neighborhood any time you like. I doubt you'd learn much of anything, but then as the old expression has it, hope springs eternal.

Last edited by june 7th; 06-14-2012 at 09:34 AM..

Old 06-14-2012, 10:29 AM

4,729 posts, read 4,364,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmont View Post
Moderator cut: Per TOS, moderator reference
Moderator cut: Refer to "mod cut."

I'm literally just stunned. And I assure you I have the thickest of skins when it comes to these discussions here at C-D. But one thing i do want to respond to. Arequipa said:

Quote:
And thus we have recognition, perhaps, that a rationalist, humanist if not atheist global society would PROTECT the rights of worship, of all kinds (within human law) not abolish it, but ensuring that no one Faith could dominate and try to assimilate all the others.
I just want to be clear to all the athiests who post here at C-D about a fundamentaly Jewish concept. We Jews believe that athiests DO have a share in Olam Haba (the world to come), assuming you live good moral lives. Morality does not care who you pray to, or if you pray at all. It means treating your fellow human kindly. Golden rule type stuff. And that's it - you get the big rewards for living that type of life. Most athiests have no need for a Torah, a Jesus, a church or anything remotely "religious." Just be good and do right. Certainly G-d is smart enough to figure out the rest of the details and put you in the correct "room" when you die. And if there is no G-d, at least you treated people nicely in your brief time in this world.

To tie this post back to the OT, it's abundantly clear to me that proselytizing in a sneaky and disengenious fashion demonstrates an utter lack of morality, and therefore puts one's "Olam Haba" very much in jeopardy. Such irony, huh? One can believe all the religious dogma they want, but if they treat people the way that post I'm referencing treated me and my people, well...

Last edited by june 7th; 06-14-2012 at 11:47 AM..

Old 06-14-2012, 11:21 AM

3 posts, read 5,395 times
Actually many Jews (Expecially secular) have started to believe in Jeshua as the Messiah.
It is growing rapidly in Israel and North America. I have friends who are Messianic Jews and accepted Christ as the Messiah after reading the New Testament and reading other stuff.

Judaism would not have existed today if it was not because of the Orthodox Jews. Half of the world's Jews are nonbelievers anyway (Atheists/Agnostics).

Old 06-14-2012, 11:24 AM

1,974 posts, read 1,940,422 times
Quote:
I don't listen to any atheists who don't believe or trust in God. Sorry.
All your information is wrong anyway. Jesus is the Messiah, end of story.
i hope you don' knock on ,my door and approach me on a street corner when you go around preaching because i will give you the same treatment

and no Jesus never existed, he is a fiction and forgery and your religion is sick

Old 06-14-2012, 11:30 AM

1,974 posts, read 1,940,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahom View Post
Actually many Jews (Expecially secular) have started to believe in Jeshua as the Messiah.
It is growing rapidly in Israel and North America. I have friends who are Messianic Jews and accepted Christ as the Messiah after reading the New Testament and reading other stuff.

Judaism would not have existed today if it was not because of the Orthodox Jews. Half of the world's Jews are nonbelievers anyway (Atheists/Agnostics).

show evidence and proof that Jews are starting to believe in Jesus?

Last edited by Meester-Chung; 06-14-2012 at 11:34 AM.. Reason: error

Old 06-14-2012, 11:33 AM

1,816 posts, read 2,513,617 times
[Anecdotal Evidence Alert] I've met a few Jews for Jesus, and they were all Christians who "converted" into it. But I haven't had extensive contact with Jews for Jesus[/Anecdotal Evidence Alert]

Old 06-14-2012, 11:43 AM

Friends: I am a Yid. I have spent my entire life around Yidden - both religious and not-so-religious. Perhaps I've known thousands, maybe tens of thousands of Jews in my life. And I can only name one single lone Jew who became a "missionary Jew." One! I've known many Jews who simply stopped believing anything. I think among athiests and agnostics you'll find plenty of Jews. I've know a few Jews who became "JewBu's" (Jewish people who study Buddhism). I have a friend who is Jewish who is a big yoga guy, and he seems to know more about Hinduism than anybody I know. But a Jew starting to believe in Jesus, now that's a shocking thing, that how shall I say, just doesn't happen.

Old 06-14-2012, 11:46 AM

With the Mod's permission, here was IGWT's post that got deleted:

Quote:
Can you please spell out CHRISTIAN rather than avoid the word 'Christ'? It's not nice. How would you feel if us Christians spelled "J-W" rather than 'Jew'?

We don't care if you feel sick when you see a cross. You and your people should be ashamed when you see it, since you let the Romans kill Jesus, and on top of that most Jews deny it!

Jews living in predominately Christian like Europe/North & South America should be happy that they get to live in freedom and feel mostly at home. America being 80% Christian supports Israel and give them billions of dollars of aid from our taxpayers money! There's no thank for that either.

Please don't tell me Jews are like 'Angels' and have never tortured any Christians or Muslims.
I went to Israel and felt unsafe all the time. So don't let me get started.

BTW there are always conflict between religious and secular Jews LOL.... your people constantly fight.
Orthodox Jews are funny anyway with all their clothing and lifestyle... cannot believe you even follow that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism