Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 06:56 PM

4,729 posts, read 4,365,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Eh?...
I didn’t know you were Canadian, Richard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2019, 09:15 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,808,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer1982 View Post
I need to state first off that I'm not Jewish. That is the reason for this post.

My question is about the Star of David. I need to know if it would be considered offensive for someone who is not Jewish to wear one. My reason for wearing one would be simple. I admire the Jewish people. I can go into detail about that if anyone wants. But I wanted to ask this question first.
Plow a field in winter and you might find a treasure hidden in the field.

Old 02-27-2019, 03:25 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
I didn’t know you were Canadian, Richard.
Lol...That’s more like an “e” than an “ay”...

Old 02-27-2019, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
plow a field in winter and you might find a treasure hidden in the field.
😳...

Old 02-27-2019, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Plow a field in winter and you might find a treasure hidden in the field.
I think someone forgot to take their medicine.

Old 02-27-2019, 10:57 AM

2 posts, read 971 times
I have no intention of trying to pass myself off as a Jew, or claim what I admire as my own qualities. And I understand that I could get anti-Semitic (sp?) treatment for wearing it. I'm willing to take that risk. But my problem is that I don't want to offend anyone. If your people don't like a gentile wearing one, then mine will stay in a drawer.

I'm assuming a bit of an explanation behind my feelings is in order.

Religious study is a minor hobby of mine. I like to know what people believe, and possibly why they believe in said religion. Is it because it's your heritage? Is it the only religion you have ever been taught? Or are you just searching for something to believe and you latched on to the first thing you came to?. I've studied Christianity (both Catholic and Protestant), Buddhism, a little Islam, Paganism, Wicca, and several LHP religions including Satanism, Luciferianism, and even a bit of devil worship. I've checked out Judaism before, but it's been the most difficult for me. that's not meant to be an insult in any way, there's just a lot more to it than any of the other religions I've checked out.

Now according to my own research, Judaism is somewhere in the range of 15-20000 years old. Which means it predates even the last ice age, also making it the oldest religion on the planet. Now look at your history. Slavery in Egypt. Wandering the desert for 40 years searching for the land God promised you, Inquisition, Holocaust, Martin Luther and Walt Disney, and rampant anti-Semitism that you face every day of your lives. Now go look in a mirror. You'll see a Jew who is still strong, still faithful, still proud, still refusing to give in to the hate. Anyone who can go through what your people have faced, and remain deserves admiration in my opinion. There are religions that have come and gone in less than 100 years. They got prejudice and folded because the people were scared. Judaism didn't do that. Granted, I know there's an ******* in every group regardless of what kind of group it is. But as a whole I truly admire the Jewish people.

Now I'm sure I missed a lot of events, either I forgot about it or flat out don't know about it.

Last edited by Jennifer1982; 02-27-2019 at 11:12 AM..

Old 02-27-2019, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer1982 View Post
I have no intention of trying to pass myself off as a Jew, or claim what I admire as my own qualities. And I understand that I could get anti-Semitic (sp?) treatment for wearing it. I'm willing to take that risk. But my problem is that I don't want to offend anyone. If your people don't like a gentile wearing one, then mine will stay in a drawer.

I'm assuming a bit of an explanation behind my feelings is in order.

Religious study is a minor hobby of mine. I like to know what people believe, and possibly why they believe in said religion. Is it because it's your heritage? Is it the only religion you have ever been taught? Or are you just searching for something to believe and you latched on to the first thing you came to?. I've studied Christianity (both Catholic and Protestant), Buddhism, a little Islam, Paganism, Wicca, and several LHP religions including Satanism, Luciferianism, and even a bit of devil worship. I've checked out Judaism before, but it's been the most difficult for me. that's not meant to be an insult in any way, there's just a lot more to it than any of the other religions I've checked out.

Now according to my own research, Judaism is somewhere in the range of 15-20000 years old. Which means it predates even the last ice age, also making it the oldest religion on the planet. Now look at your history. Slavery in Egypt. Wandering the desert for 40 years searching for the land God promised you, Inquisition, Holocaust, Martin Luther and Walt Disney, and rampant anti-Semitism that you face every day of your lives. Now go look in a mirror. You'll see a Jew who is still strong, still faithful, still proud, still refusing to give in to the hate. Anyone who can go through what your people have faced, and remain deserves admiration in my opinion. There are religions that have come and gone in less than 100 years. They got prejudice and folded because the people were scared. Judaism didn't do that. Granted, I know there's an ******* in every group regardless of what kind of group it is. But as a whole I truly admire the Jewish people.

Now I'm sure I missed a lot of events, either I forgot about it or flat out don't know about it.
I’d say your research on Judaism is lacking a bit...

Old 02-27-2019, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Uh huh...

Old 02-28-2019, 08:57 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,808,992 times
Quote:
your character has revealed much over the yrs. See now that while your tongue offered insult you encouraged others to follow in tow. Yet what i was speaking of is something of a Blessing that few offer on this board..

Old 02-28-2019, 11:59 AM

Quote:
your character has revealed much over the yrs. See now that while your tongue offered insult you encouraged others to follow in tow. Yet what i was speaking of is something of a Blessing that few offer on this board..
Then thanks for the blessing. I guess I just didn’t understand you before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism