Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2017, 08:39 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,892,595 times

Advertisements

Try cherry picking from this:

http://www.airlinequality.com/airpor...-city-airport/

You will find people that like KCI, but the vast majority not only dislike KCI, they hate and avoid it and the airlines have confirmed this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2017, 09:13 PM

172 posts, read 154,192 times
Just checked the link. I sorted by best rating. There's ONE rating that is considered a positive review. It was a 9 out of 10.

After that? The second best review is a 6 out of 10. The third best review was 5, which means only 2 reviews out of 49 were rated 6 or above. 47 out of 49 were 5 and below. Ouch MCI, I tried to cherry pick good reviews and found one. I realize this is just one review site, and yes, I realize most people submit airport reviews to complain not to compliment. Reviews aside, it does not change the reality that MCI is poorly equipped for its primary job--efficiently flying people in and out of KC. The most efficient way to fly people in and out of a city is with direct flights. KC fails this, expect when flying to hubs.

Ok, but, MCI has convenient parking says every MCI supporter! The last two times I checked for a garage or circle spot, both lots were full. One of those times was a Sunday morning! Instead, I used the Parking Spot, and along with it, all the "convenience" of MCI evaporated on my shuttle ride to the airport.

Old 03-23-2017, 12:18 PM

112 posts, read 99,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycrite View Post
Just checked the link. I sorted by best rating. There's ONE rating that is considered a positive review. It was a 9 out of 10.

After that? The second best review is a 6 out of 10. The third best review was 5, which means only 2 reviews out of 49 were rated 6 or above. 47 out of 49 were 5 and below. Ouch MCI, I tried to cherry pick good reviews and found one. I realize this is just one review site, and yes, I realize most people submit airport reviews to complain not to compliment. Reviews aside, it does not change the reality that MCI is poorly equipped for its primary job--efficiently flying people in and out of KC. The most efficient way to fly people in and out of a city is with direct flights. KC fails this, expect when flying to hubs.

Ok, but, MCI has convenient parking says every MCI supporter! The last two times I checked for a garage or circle spot, both lots were full. One of those times was a Sunday morning! Instead, I used the Parking Spot, and along with it, all the "convenience" of MCI evaporated on my shuttle ride to the airport.

Exactly this! I almost always have to take the shuttle because the parking lot if full.

Old 03-23-2017, 12:31 PM

Having flown out of BWI now dozens of times. There is absolutely nothing convenient about parking at KCI unless you try to compare it to huge hub airports in huge coastal cities. BWI is about three times the size of KCI and parking is much better and cost about the same (in some cases it's cheaper).

Old 03-23-2017, 01:15 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,261,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallastoChicagotoKC View Post
Exactly this! I almost always have to take the shuttle because the parking lot if full.
Hmmm. I've never NOT been able to park in the parking lot across the street. I've never taken the shuttle, ever.

Old 03-23-2017, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Hmmm. I've never NOT been able to park in the parking lot across the street. I've never taken the shuttle, ever.
So there you have it! There is no parking problem at KCI...

Old 03-23-2017, 03:16 PM

172 posts, read 154,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I should be careful with my anecdotes. I could simply be unlucky, and my experience certainly does not mean MCI parking is bad for everyone. Still, for my Sunday morning flight, I would expect ample parking. Instead, I had to go off-site. That's anything but convenient for an off-peak travel time. Maybe I was experiencing the first wave of spring break or some one-off busy Sunday.

Old 03-23-2017, 08:14 PM

Parking problems have been well documented by the airport and travelers. There is a reason they have valet parking for $27 a day.

It's not that KCI doesn't have enough parking, it's just not in the right areas. Terminal B doesn't have enough while the other terminals have too much parking, especially Terminal A since that terminal is not even being used.

One single central garage with easy access to all gates would fix it. It works great at BWI.

Old 03-24-2017, 03:19 AM

14,180 posts, read 9,075,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
Try cherry picking from this:

http://www.airlinequality.com/airpor...-city-airport/

You will find people that like KCI, but the vast majority not only dislike KCI, they hate and avoid it and the airlines have confirmed this.
So I went to that site, and the first review in the list that appeared was this one:

Quote:
I am a Kansas City resident who travels frequently for my job so am very familiar with other airports around the country. I am appalled at how far my hometown airport has deteriorated. The bathrooms are despicable! Filthy and in disrepair every single time I travel which is 2 to 3 times per month. The food choices are sparse and extremely expensive as compared to other airports. It's time KC woke up and does something about the airport.
Following the logic displayed in some other posts on this thread, my followup to reading this should be:

"See? Even Kansas Citians can't stand KCI."

Obviously, there's at least one KC frequent flyer who does like the airport; that person's already posting to this thread.

But regardless of where they live now (remember, I'm an expat Kansas Citian), more flyers agree with this Kansas Citian than agree with the one who posts to this thread.

Old 03-24-2017, 04:58 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
So I went to that site, and the first review in the list that appeared was this one:

Following the logic displayed in some other posts on this thread, my followup to reading this should be:

"See? Even Kansas Citians can't stand KCI."

Obviously, there's at least one KC frequent flyer who does like the airport; that person's already posting to this thread.

But regardless of where they live now (remember, I'm an expat Kansas Citian), more flyers agree with this Kansas Citian than agree with the one who posts to this thread.
That's what your fiercely loyal (to the cause) team members would love to believe. But your fiercely loyal team members are still outnumbered.

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascit...esults/9641212

Mayor Sly James pulls plug on 2016 election on KCI improvements | The Kansas City Star

Quote:
only 39 percent said a new KCI terminal was the city’s next big priority, while 51 percent disagreed.[LEFT]
Read more here: Mayor Sly James pulls plug on 2016 election on KCI improvements | The Kansas City Star
[/LEFT]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City