Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2009, 11:46 AM

7 posts, read 21,180 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I'm wondering if you have any information on Saint Mary's, Kansas? What are the schools like? What is the crime rate? Are there jobs in healthcare and floor installations, such as laminate, hardwood, tile, etc.? What type of things are there to do for young children 6-9?

We definitely plan to move near this area. The only real question is when. We currently live in a very small town in NY. I love the small town and country atmosphere. I don't like big city living, never have. I have been living here in NY for the last 10 years and have absolutely hated every second of it! I am not built to endure these extreme winters.

The reason we want to move is based on our children, however. The things that go on in their school is disgusting. We actually want our children living as close as we can to the St. Mary's Assumption Chapel Catholic Church. We currently live way too far from our church as it is. Which makes it extremely difficult to make it during these harsh winters.

Anyway, I am sorry if I have offended anyone by speaking of religion here on this forum. I know it is generally a taboo topic, but I just wanted to give a little background information on our reasoning and let you know we haven't taken this decision lightly. I fully realize the HUGE difference in the two states. I have also lived in both California and Florida many years ago and realize the climate changes that will come with Kansas as well. My mother lives in Georgia (which I absolutely LOVE) Southern people are some of the nicest people I have had the fortune to meet. They are so polite and helpful, nothing like NYers for the most part. Anyway, if anyone has any information I would really appreciate anything you can tell me.

Thanks So Much!

Old 06-09-2009, 12:21 PM

Question P.s.

P.S. Do you know if there are jobs for Medical Billing & Coding in hospitals or doctors' offices with an Associates degree? I graduated and have been seriously looking for a job for months with no luck.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:46 PM

26,420 posts, read 46,591,155 times
Manhattan and the Junction City area have a growing economy now. (Most of the job growth and population growth is in this area). This is the result of the developing bioscience corridor that stretches from Columbia, MO to Manhattan, KS. Ft. Riley has also been expanding in the past several years. St. Mary's is what I would call extremely conservative-even by Kansas standards. The small Catholic college basically runs the town.
I would definitely visit the town first before you decide on moving... Other small towns in the general vicinity are Abiliene, Holton, and Ogden.

Old 06-09-2009, 01:03 PM

2,825 posts, read 6,893,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgoody2shoes View Post
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
The reason we want to move is based on our children, however. The things that go on in their school is disgusting. We actually want our children living as close as we can to the St. Mary's Assumption Chapel Catholic Church. We currently live way too far from our church as it is.
Thanks So Much!
[/FONT]

St Marys Assumption is NOT a Roman Catholic Church in Faith with the Magesterium. It is known as in Schism (for exaple, the Sacraments are not valid), just as SSPX and others. If you are looking for a Catholic church, this is not.

Why not find a truly Catholic church with a great Pastor and homeschool?

Last edited by leighland; 06-09-2009 at 01:06 PM.. Reason: added validation clarification

Old 06-09-2009, 01:11 PM

Thanks for pointing that fact out, leighland. I thought I remembered something like that about St. Mary's.

Old 06-09-2009, 01:15 PM

Default Thanks

Oh ok. Thanks for your help

Old 04-10-2010, 01:23 PM

1 posts, read 3,423 times
Try St. Johns Catholic School Pre-K thru 12. Faithful to the Magesterium....[url]www.gostj.com[/url]...its in Beloit Kansas. Good things happening there.

Old 01-09-2012, 07:25 PM

19 posts, read 28,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighland View Post
St Marys Assumption is NOT a Roman Catholic Church in Faith with the Magesterium. It is known as in Schism (for exaple, the Sacraments are not valid), just as SSPX and others. If you are looking for a Catholic church, this is not.

Why not find a truly Catholic church with a great Pastor and homeschool?
Clearly your lack of education, and ignorance on the matter blind you. Know what you're talking about before you speak. The Holy Father speaks contrary to your statement. I will bite my tongue on the rest

Old 01-10-2012, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnFcowboy View Post
Clearly your lack of education, and ignorance on the matter blind you. Know what you're talking about before you speak. The Holy Father speaks contrary to your statement. I will bite my tongue on the rest
And why are you digging up a two year old thread again?

CLOSED
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas