Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2008, 01:58 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,136,321 times

Advertisements

Aquarijen, I am so sorry to hear about the additional tumors that they found in sweet Parker's organs. We had a darling little cocker who had the same type of illness with tumors in the liver.

It is a terrible worry and you foresee a day when you won't have Parker. As many have said, just love him as much as you can and enjoy his company to the fullest. We know that we will almost always outlive our pets, but losing them is always so painful.

I hope that Parker is blessed with several more years with you. I'll be thinking of you bunches.

Old 10-16-2008, 02:05 PM

Bette, what great pictures of Dollywood. DH and I only went once and it was mid-summer.

After bucking the crowds, DH said "never again!" But, it must be lovely and a little less crowded this time of year. (Please tell me it is less crowded even if it isn't!)

I am so glad that the two of you are enjoying your adventures in that part of beautiful TN. Retirement really suits you both.

Old 10-16-2008, 02:25 PM

2,700 posts, read 3,682,748 times
Gem-Thanks a bunch!

Bebette--Your pictures supplied me with a photographic tour and for that"thanks." Never quite as good as a personal visit, but sure does fill in a gap!

Piper--Many happy days for you and Parker.

Hey, tomorrow is Friday retired or NOT!!

Old 10-16-2008, 02:33 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
Today is Friday for me! Yippee!

Now let's see how late I can manage to stay up!

Old 10-16-2008, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I am bursting. I have to tell you all this.

I am going to be a Girl Scout leader!!!!!!

Well, we will be Brownie's, this year.

I am so excited that I can't stand it.

We went to a membership meeting over a month ago, and I was so impressed by the direction that Girl Scout's has taken. It is all about enrichment, learning, community service.

You can take your troop wherever you would like, and I would love to focus on the girl's self-esteem. I'd like to emphasize education and why the cover of magazine's and superficiality is a dead end.

Anyway, I love Lauren, and I think it will be great to have a bunch of little Laurens to explore the world with. I just can't wait!
Wahoooo! I was a scout leader for my boys when they were in scouts, Hik. I just loved it and so did my boys.

I bet Lauren is just beaming with pride that her mom is going to be the leader of the pack. I am so happy for you both. It will be something you will both always treasure.

Old 10-16-2008, 02:41 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemkeeper View Post
Wahoooo! I was a scout leader for my boys when they were in scouts, Hik. I just loved it and so did my boys.

I bet Lauren is just beaming with pride that her mom is going to be the leader of the pack. I am so happy for you both. It will be something you will both always treasure.
When I was at the meeting I thought, "I'd like to be a leader, but I should go to some meetings, first, to see what they are like."

They told us they would call in a week to let us know what troop the kids would be in. After two weeks I called and they said to give them a month. When I called, again, it was five weeks. I said, "Hi. Do you need some help?" They sounded so relieved.

They really have great resources, so I think it will be fine.

I spent hours, last night, cleaning my desk. I was really falling into a rut in the house. This has given me the motivation to get moving, again.

Old 10-16-2008, 02:43 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,949 times
Hi all! Just popped in for a minute.

HIK, Do you get to wear the neat outfits too? Lol, seriously I think it is wonderful and I hope Lauren is as excited as you.

The Dollywood pix make me want to come up and see for my self. It is hard to get in the "mood" when its in the 80's, and I can't even find indian corn for my wreath.

Gem, How are you doing gal? Are the bags packed yet for another side trip?

Hugs and prayers to Parker, this breaks my heart for you. Hate to say it but I am probably closer to my boys and Truleebug than to most people.

Old 10-16-2008, 02:47 PM

3,897 posts, read 1,228,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I am bursting. I have to tell you all this.

I am going to be a Girl Scout leader!!!!!!

Well, we will be Brownie's, this year.

I am so excited that I can't stand it.

We went to a membership meeting over a month ago, and I was so impressed by the direction that Girl Scout's has taken. It is all about enrichment, learning, community service.

You can take your troop wherever you would like, and I would love to focus on the girl's self-esteem. I'd like to emphasize education and why the cover of magazine's and superficiality is a dead end.

Anyway, I love Lauren, and I think it will be great to have a bunch of little Laurens to explore the world with. I just can't wait!
hiknapster, I can just feel your excitement coming through your post!!! And I know that Lauren is going to enjoy the special bonding time for the two of you!

When I was at my high school reunion this week, I saw one of my friends from our girl scout days. Her Mom was one of our leaders, and I told her to please tell her Mom that I said 'Thank you, for helping to make me who I am today!' So, you never know just who you may influence in the coming years through scouting, and how it will influence their life!!

Old 10-16-2008, 02:49 PM

3,897 posts, read 1,228,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Hi all! Just popped in for a minute.

HIK, Do you get to wear the neat outfits too? Lol, seriously I think it is wonderful and I hope Lauren is as excited as you.

The Dollywood pix make me want to come up and see for my self. It is hard to get in the "mood" when its in the 80's, and I can't even find indian corn for my wreath.

Gem, How are you doing gal? Are the bags packed yet for another side trip?

Hugs and prayers to Parker, this breaks my heart for you. Hate to say it but I am probably closer to my boys and Truleebug than to most people.
Hey Painter!! It was 85 degrees yesterday when I took those pics at Dollywood!!! I was loving it.......I HATE COLD WEATHER!!!!!!

Old 10-16-2008, 03:03 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,949 times
Bebette, How ya doing? you know I like cold weather to a certain extent, now I am not thrilled with the weather I had in Chicago that was just to to cold. Winters in TN never bothered me that much, but here I could take our winter months all yr long. Granted I am older now and may get back to the "hills" to find the cold weather hurts me more now, but I will cowgirl up!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville