Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2008, 10:08 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,353,176 times

Advertisements

Mystic- Whats not to love about Knoxville and Tn. in general? I'm never leaving again.
Pam

Old 10-15-2008, 10:17 AM

811 posts, read 2,011,829 times
Pam,
I could NOT agree more.

Old 10-15-2008, 11:07 AM

780 posts, read 1,767,228 times
Well we didnt leave today, we are leaving instead about 6:00AM in the morning, we are all packed and ready to go. Instead of going a day early I added a day to my stay so we will be back on the 23rd. I will check in tonight and see how kitty is doing and say goodbye. Have a great day everyone.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:13 PM

2,063 posts, read 7,795,197 times
Gailli hope you get off on your trip this time. Isn't great to be able to change dates so easily when you don't have to be back for a job? Hope everyone feels well and you can really enjoy the visit with family.

Aquarigen hope Parker comes through with flying colors. Poor thing, I hope he wasn't in any pain!

Pam, thanks. DS scared us silly and was eventually diagnosed with a concussion but thankfully not a serious one with brain damage and no bones were broken. I was just unwinding and beginning to feel life was good. Guess things always work that way. Stuff happens when you least expect it!

Suzanne, thanks, too! You know how I feel from our last visit!!! I admit to be somewhat of a basket case for the two days everything was up in the air. We are so lucky he has so many good friends who took care of him and the remnants of his motorcycle and all his belongings. They kept us updated constantly and are still watching out for him, even driving him to classes and back until he is safe to drive a car.

Now I get why Bones has such a nice dog house. Thanks Pam!!

I've been wanting to ask HIK how Lauren was doing in school. Does she still love it??

Gem hope you are having fun.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:42 PM

197 posts, read 485,965 times
thanks Mystic.

And thanks everyone.

Parker is out of surgery and he made it, but it wasn't good news. He's got polycystic liver disease. Lots of little tumors all through his liver and not really operable. They did what they could and did an opmentoplasty - something with grafting of the omentum in to the tumor space or something like that to allow drainage. It buys a little time.

I'm bummed.

Old 10-15-2008, 03:04 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,957,279 times
aquarijen, I am so sorry to read about Parker. Our pets are truly members of our family, this must be so hard for you. I am sure he knows how safe & loved he is in your care; whatever the outcome. Keeping you both in my prayers.

Old 10-15-2008, 04:05 PM

2,700 posts, read 3,684,822 times
Are there any words that would help the ease the pain and sadness you are feeling go away? Probably not. But, know that your CD friends love you and feel for you as you and Parker make the best of your time together. Yes, he does know that he is loved and what you did was to help him live his remaining time with as little pain as possible. Animals are truly unconditional love and for this reason it is not easy to part with them. Let's hope Parker's strength will bring many more days for you two to share.

Old 10-15-2008, 04:12 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,330,416 times
I am soooo sorry, Jen.

Thinking about you, gailli!

Old 10-15-2008, 04:18 PM

2,700 posts, read 3,684,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailli View Post
Well we didnt leave today, we are leaving instead about 6:00AM in the morning, we are all packed and ready to go. Instead of going a day early I added a day to my stay so we will be back on the 23rd. I will check in tonight and see how kitty is doing and say goodbye. Have a great day everyone.
Traffic should be light leaving that early in the morning. And, you should miss the treacherous ATL traffic as well. We hope you will. See you Saturday.

Old 10-15-2008, 04:26 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,330,416 times
I am bursting. I have to tell you all this.

I am going to be a Girl Scout leader!!!!!!

Well, we will be Brownie's, this year.

I am so excited that I can't stand it.

We went to a membership meeting over a month ago, and I was so impressed by the direction that Girl Scout's has taken. It is all about enrichment, learning, community service.

You can take your troop wherever you would like, and I would love to focus on the girl's self-esteem. I'd like to emphasize education and why the cover of magazine's and superficiality is a dead end.

Anyway, I love Lauren, and I think it will be great to have a bunch of little Laurens to explore the world with. I just can't wait!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville