Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 10:38 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times

Advertisements

did you ever see a sagging banger try to run from the cops.....or try to shoot someone and hold their pants up at the same time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2009, 11:37 AM

385 posts, read 1,260,988 times
I used to ask the students on my school bus, "How are you going to run from the cops like that..."

Old 06-19-2009, 04:04 PM

228 posts, read 555,228 times
Does Las Vegas have rough parts of town? Absolutely.
But what city does not? San Diego, Seattle, Orlando, San Francisco, D.C., Denver, Chicago, Santa Fe, ... all do as well. I've seen them.

Is Las Vegas ghetto? Not even close. Not when I'm using East Cleveland, Ohio as my reference for what would be a ghetto city.

Old 06-19-2009, 05:38 PM

228 posts, read 555,228 times
Areas and communities anywhere from decent to nice to very nice to exclusive can be found, for the most part, in every direction (north, south, east, west) of town. Not in many cities can the same be said.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:05 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,247,301 times
Vegas is very comparable to my hometown of Phoenix. The worst area would be any letter numbers along Martin Luther King. The best would be in Boulder City, seven hills or Anthem in Henderson, and various parts of the South West.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:37 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,208,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Vegas is very comparable to my hometown of Phoenix. The worst area would be any letter numbers along Martin Luther King. The best would be in Boulder City, seven hills or Anthem in Henderson, and various parts of the South West.

Nah. Worse is the druggie areas...Freemont east of the Blvd., Sierra Vista.

Best is the elderly communitiies. Seven Hills and Anthem still have teenagers...got to get rid of them for real low crime scores.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:04 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,247,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post

Best is the elderly communitiies. Seven Hills and Anthem still have teenagers...got to get rid of them for real low crime scores.
Seriously, why do you have to dispute every post I make? The letter streets on MLK are druggie areas. I was supposed to meet a girl there and I could not even get out of my car. I thought I was going to get robbed. Seven Hills and Anthem are really nice. Are you a bitter old man you doesn't like teenagers or something? Also, I live in University Park apartments on Maryland and Flamingo, and contrary to what you think, they are ghetto. Do you live there? If not, quit trying to act like you know what it is like to live there. I get homeless people asking for money when I get out of my car quite often.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:06 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,947,828 times
Quote:

Damn teens, bringing those scores down!!!

Old 06-19-2009, 07:40 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,208,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Seriously, why do you have to dispute every post I make? The letter streets on MLK are druggie areas. I was supposed to meet a girl there and I could not even get out of my car. I thought I was going to get robbed. Seven Hills and Anthem are really nice. Are you a bitter old man you doesn't like teenagers or something? Also, I live in University Park apartments on Maryland and Flamingo, and contrary to what you think, they are ghetto. Do you live there? If not, quit trying to act like you know what it is like to live there. I get homeless people asking for money when I get out of my car quite often.
Sorry but you are really not worth harrassing. You simply continue to assert errors on things that have been dealt with here before.

Neither the naked city or the alphabet streets are as a bad as the druggie centers. Not that they are nice or something..but they are second tier after the drug areas.

And nothing has much lower crime than the Sun Cities. Summerlin the oldest and most established is probably the best but they are all quite good.

I have been in the area where you live on many occassions. I don't recommend it for a renter. Nor do I recommend the nice senior condo complex on Sierra Vista...it is simply too dangerous.

I also suggest people not stay at the Blue Angel. There are lots of places which you should avoid if able. If not able be careful.

I just successful opened escrow for a young hispanic couple off Stewart and Lamb. I would not recoommend that area if they had 100K...but they don't. So they make do. And they will do OK as they are urban and wise in the way of the street.

Old 06-19-2009, 08:52 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,415,085 times
Quote:
Sorry but you are really not worth harrassing. You simply continue to assert errors on things that have been dealt with here before.

Neither the naked city or the alphabet streets are as a bad as the druggie centers. Not that they are nice or something..but they are second tier after the drug areas.

And nothing has much lower crime than the Sun Cities. Summerlin the oldest and most established is probably the best but they are all quite good.

I have been in the area where you live on many occassions. I don't recommend it for a renter. Nor do I recommend the nice senior condo complex on Sierra Vista...it is simply too dangerous.

I also suggest people not stay at the Blue Angel. There are lots of places which you should avoid if able. If not able be careful.

I just successful opened escrow for a young hispanic couple off Stewart and Lamb. I would not recoommend that area if they had 100K...but they don't. So they make do. And they will do OK as they are urban and wise in the way of the street.
How does being urban and wise in street ways protect them? I hope they don't have children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas