Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2022, 06:32 PM

24,479 posts, read 10,815,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Wrong. It is hard to get Canadian citizenship if you're not marrying one.

Even this article is scared of Trump 2024, total trash. (But glad Trump lives rent free in their heads too.)
Marriage to a citizen is often the easiest way but never the only way as you should know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2022, 09:29 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,667,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
Marriage to a citizen is often the easiest way but never the only way as you should know.
Right. I believe a single person needs a skill set to get into Canadian citizenship.

Old 01-07-2022, 10:40 AM

3,107 posts, read 1,002,933 times
Correct. I emigrated there with my husband two decades ago. We had to be trained in something/advanced degrees to be able to apply for emigration. I don't know how is the situation today. (I live in a different country now).

Old 01-07-2022, 07:15 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,016,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by farm fatale View Post
Correct. I emigrated there with my husband two decades ago. We had to be trained in something/advanced degrees to be able to apply for emigration. I don't know how is the situation today. (I live in a different country now).
Nothing much about that has changed and probably will always stay the same. The country still always strives to bring in new immigrants who mostly have good education and essential skills and experience that are in demand that they can bring to the table.

I think most countries try to do the same thing though.

Old 01-08-2022, 06:37 AM

24,479 posts, read 10,815,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Nothing much about that has changed and probably will always stay the same. The country still always strives to bring in new immigrants who mostly have good education and essential skills and experience that are in demand that they can bring to the table.

I think most countries try to do the same thing though.

Please read up on Canadian immigration.

Old 01-09-2022, 06:28 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,016,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
Please read up on Canadian immigration.
Read about what specifically? I've already read up on Canadian immigration many times and tried to stay as up-to-date as possible on new changes over the past 10 years. Your post is such a cryptic comment I think it would be more helpful for everyone if you would please just say right up front what you're getting at.

Old 01-12-2022, 08:59 AM

18,249 posts, read 16,907,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screenwriter70 View Post
Americans can be quite xenophobic, particularly in the South. I was born & raised here so I know how these people think. White southerners tend to feel that this country is for those born here - especially if their skin is light. If you live out West or up North, you might want to stay there. Illegals, racists, and thugs have taken over the South, Midwest & parts of the Southwest. I've been to Europe a couple of times, and if I had been born there, I would not come to the US to live. It's become a 3rd world country under the Trump regime.

US was already on its way down before Trump got into office. All Trump did was take us from the slow lane to the fast lane. Nevertheless our demise will be a slow train wreck over a period of 20 years.

Old 01-17-2022, 09:51 AM

16 posts, read 9,335 times
I am treated with indifference for the most with some exceptions.

WHITE AMERICANS: Some fetishize Europe (mostly the left wingers that think Europe is a monoblock and they glorify "European" healthcare etc. because they think Europe is one single place).

You also have the ones that cannot shut up about having European ancestors --usually Italian-Americans, Irish-Americans in the north east), however the big bulk of white Americans though are largely indifferent and know nothing of my European country.

BLACK AMERICANS: They are largely indifferent, in fact, most do not even ask where I am from. They just do not care.

LATINX: They like their white and black American counterparts seem to be largely indifferent towards me being European, they just assume I am from some foreign country.

A funny conversation ensued one day at a bus with a LatinX man.

LatinX : oh you have an accent, where are you from?
Me: I am European.
Latinx: oh yeah, that is where people are Russian and stuff.

Old 01-18-2022, 05:54 AM

5,818 posts, read 2,667,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by farm fatale View Post
I have a Bachelor's degree, good job, money....would I get into Canada as a single person?

Just curious. I would never leave the US.

Old 01-18-2022, 10:02 AM

9,286 posts, read 14,892,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
That joke about "Freedom" was hilarious before, it's 100 times funnier over the past couple of days lol.
I think there's a type of American who equates "freedom" primarily with gun ownership. At least that's the way they're always equating it.

Trust me, this is not a universal belief in the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration