Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2015, 09:36 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,831,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
manekeniko:

Yes! That's absolutely correct. So what if there's a lot of billionaires living in New York? What good does that do for the average person who is struggling to keep their heads above water? Because of the astronomical cost of living there. It's a great big wonderful country with a hell of a lot nicer places to live than the New York metro area or other major U.S. cities. They are far from being a third rate hovel. There is just nothing like being away from all that crap. If New York didn't start from the beginning as a port city. I wonder how it would have turned out?
This is about as helpful to the average person on LI as the argument, "Look at all of the famous people that came from LI..."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2015, 09:48 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,256,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
So you really don't know.

May I ask what's with the obsession with the wealthy?
Hahaha What is your obsession with Long Island? You have been gone for so long but can't really let go, huh?

Old 01-18-2015, 09:57 PM

53 posts, read 71,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
I too could live anywhere my heart desires that's why I chose Arizona. .
You still post on the NY forums because people in Arizona aren't....let's just say they aren't the brightest bulbs in the box.

You obviously miss talking to smart people. Which is why you're here posting on a forum about a place you allegedly don't care about anymore and not out there enjoying "amazing" Arizona.

Old 01-18-2015, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James XV View Post
You still post on Long Island City Data because people in Arizona aren't....let's just say they aren't the brightest bulbs in the box.

You obviously miss talking to smart people. Which is why you're here and not out enjoying "amazing" Arizona.
So true. Just can't stay away from the LI board. So much to do, unbelievable new lifestyle, superior to Long Island of course but still racking up the posts over here on the Long Island board.

Old 01-18-2015, 10:05 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,174,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetties View Post
Hahaha What is your obsession with Long Island? You have been gone for so long but can't really let go, huh?
Same as your obsession with a losing football team that left Long Island years ago.

Old 01-18-2015, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Same as your obsession with a losing football team that left Long Island years ago.
Or the Richmond Whatchamacallits? Enjoy

Old 01-19-2015, 05:30 AM

Hey, we have the Redskins training camp. That's almost like having a local pro-team.

Old 01-19-2015, 05:37 AM

Quote:
You still post on the NY forums because people in Arizona aren't....let's just say they aren't the brightest bulbs in the box.

You obviously miss talking to smart people. Which is why you're here posting on a forum about a place you allegedly don't care about anymore and not out there enjoying "amazing" Arizona.
How did you ever find Dr. Dave's infamous graphics page? I first was shown that chart by a neighbor's unemployed kid who was telling me how stupid Red Staters are, who was a student of Dr. Dave. BTW He's still unemployed.

But here's a link to the entire page just so people can read it in context. I'll leave out what's wrong with using the numbers as facts, but even Dr. Dave admits they aren't worth a dang. And his spelling is pretty poor too.

Quote:
Here is my continually growing set of choropleth maps of the United States. Are they fair, accurate, or truly predictive? No, but it is fun to see how "red states" and "blue states" can be compared. This phenomenon started in the blogosphere, largely as a way for Democrats to make themselves feel beter about themselves. One of the most hotly-debated was a map showing a very strong correleation between low IQ scores and the Bush vote. Of course, because all of the data is on the state level, we really cannot come to any definitive conclusions about charcteristics and Bush voters. It very well may be, for example, that most of those with high IQs or high educational attainment voted for Bush and most of those of low IQ and low educational attainment voted for Kerry. What is to blame here? The Electoral College, naturally! In the interest of balance, I will do my best to find data sets that make the red state look good. Enjoy.
Red State Characteristic Maps

Old 01-19-2015, 06:17 AM

19,340 posts, read 17,252,062 times
Quote:
Hey, we have the Redskins training camp. That's almost like having a local pro-team.
At least for a couple weeks each year...

Old 01-19-2015, 06:59 AM

22,739 posts, read 36,994,650 times
Quote:
I'm actually from another elite city - London. I am a CEO and lived in Manhattan for 5 years. And also rented a home in the Hamptons (Amagansett) during the summer. This year, I am finally ridding myself of this Houston existence and moving back to where one with my fine taste belongs - Manhattan.

Maybe I'll be a Long Island homeowner as I will probably purchase a home in the Hamptons when I return. I do believe the Hamptons are on Long Island so I have a right to share my thoughts. Kindly get over it.
You sound like Ben Affleck in Good Will Hunting when he goes on an interview in Matt Damon's place and starts throwing around big words he doesn't know the meaning of just to sound like a bigwig. I have a feeling you're actually posting from mom's basement with a poster of Yoda looking over your shoulder. I mean really, you're a CEO and you're living in Houston even though you can live in any fine city you want (actually that sounds like Jack from Titanic).

Dare to dream, kid. Dare to dream.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island