Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2021, 09:46 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,386,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gx89 View Post
I went from Hicksville took an express not to bad, I'm never doing it again. My job is talking about going back in September. Many on my team said no chance and they floated a 2 day in person 3 weeks a month. I told my boss if that's what we end up being forced to do see you 11-3:30 those days and I'm using my company CC to pay for parking. I'm in BK so the drive isn't to bad. He agreed since he thinks a recall is dumb. 14 people 12 take LIRR/MN all said no way we getting on a train.
I miss commuting honestly. You think my dog talks to me all day, he doesn’t. Same old song & dance, eat, poop, pee, bark, repeat. I need humans
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2021, 10:11 AM

2,685 posts, read 2,332,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
I miss commuting honestly. You think my dog talks to me all day, he doesn’t. Same old song & dance, eat, poop, pee, bark, repeat. I need humans
Those are words I would never expect a human to say " I miss commuting" I miss nothing about commuting going to the office.

I never want to go back, 10 days a year would be to much. I have worn sweat pants, hoodies and t shirts every day since March 2020. I put on a button down once, because I had to update my photo for my job. It was on for 30 seconds for the picture. This is a dream come true, no trains, no having to take a dump in a public restroom, no pretending to like people I don't. My bank acc is rolling in $$ no commuting costs, child care is way cheaper due to less hours and no before and after care. I have more free time, my 6 pack is back cause I eat way healthier and workout 6 days a week because i'm not as tired and have more time. There is literally no downside to not commuting.

Old 03-12-2021, 10:18 AM

2,565 posts, read 5,517,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
I'm with Twingles. Oceanside? Gateway to Long Beach, lol?! Congested, ugly and un-gentrifying by the day. A million plus taxes?! Maybe if directly on the water and that's not happening for less than $2-3m, maybe find something on a canal for $2m. Maybe.
There's no way you can even spend that much in Oceanside. Even on the bay with multiple docks, a diamond large house that's perfect *might* have an asking price in the 900's. And that's pretty much as high you're going to see.

Old 03-12-2021, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Those are words I would never expect a human to say " I miss commuting" I miss nothing about commuting going to the office.

I never want to go back, 10 days a year would be to much. I have worn sweat pants, hoodies and t shirts every day since March 2020. I put on a button down once, because I had to update my photo for my job. It was on for 30 seconds for the picture. This is a dream come true, no trains, no having to take a dump in a public restroom, no pretending to like people I don't. My bank acc is rolling in $$ no commuting costs, child care is way cheaper due to less hours and no before and after care. I have more free time, my 6 pack is back cause I eat way healthier and workout 6 days a week because i'm not as tired and have more time. There is literally no downside to not commuting.
Im extroverted. I don’t enjoy being alone like this. I had a train crew of ladies i sat with. It was nice seeing them everyday.

I enjoyed stopping @ dunkin across the street from the train & my walk from Penn down to the office. The train broke up the monotony of the day. I miss it

Old 03-12-2021, 11:14 AM

2,447 posts, read 1,222,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
I think we mostly dislike each other but I like this line!
I can't dislike you, I don't know you. We have a lot in common, we're both on this glacial moraine and probably both plotting a way off.

Old 03-12-2021, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
That is why I sort of recommended Malverne with caution. Lousy commute, nice village and homes. The OP said he didn't care about schools
Malverne is nice. How are the village taxes there? I also know that you cant park on the streets overnight there. May or may not matter to OP

Old 03-12-2021, 11:25 AM

Quote:

Hear, Hear....no coming home exhausted and ordering in because to lazy to cook/prepare a meal. Actually have time during the day to shop, run errands, so more free time on the weekends without having to do that crap. No more dry cleaning, no more smelly, nose picking commuters/co workers.

Old 03-12-2021, 11:31 AM

2,045 posts, read 1,891,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Malverne is nice. How are the village taxes there? I also know that you cant park on the streets overnight there. May or may not matter to OP
You never appreciate the no overnight parking rule until you move someplace that has it. On my block there isn’t one house with more than 3 cars and nobody ever parks on the street. The kids have a ball not having to dodge cars while playing sports or riding their bikes.

Old 03-12-2021, 12:26 PM

2,589 posts, read 1,827,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by under a mountain View Post
I can't dislike you, I don't know you. We have a lot in common, we're both on this glacial moraine and probably both plotting a way off.
True dat, sir. Much luck to each on our exit strategy fantasies. Is your wife also a key obstacle to happiness, cause mine has my junk locked up in the cabinet. "Hey honey, the guys are all taking there's can I take mine...ah, she said no effin' way."

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 03-12-2021, 02:16 PM

Kinison!

Yes as soon as Mrs. UAM gives the high sign we are out. Family is the excuse which I think keeps a lot of us here. But even her family is thinking of greener pastures....so fingers crossed. Could take years, but even the fact they are talking about leaving is huge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island