Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 07:32 AM

431 posts, read 1,338,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
These are the scum that are moving here. And since they seem to leave behind landscaping bricks it can be assumed they work for a landscaping & masonry company. These are the ppl that are mowing your lawns folks. Don't hire them. They are criminals!
People need to set up hidden cameras and catch these guys.

I doubt it......they're just stealing bricks from neighboring properties.....They used the exact same paver bricks I have on my
property although I wasn't missing any.

I will say I was very upset for my neighbor and when I saw the bricks
I thought they had stolen mine to jack up the car.....I wasnt missing any
so they weren't mine but around the block they stole 4 bricks from the neighbors home to lift the car.....

It really sucks......the above poster isnt far from where I live.....we both are pretty much a few blocks off of Bay Shore road.

Just keep your eyes out for cars/trucks in the area that arent commonly seen and driving slowly looking around....and make note of them

Again......Jeremy....sorry about your car.......I would let all your neighbors know since they'll probably be in the area for a few days if they haven't hit others yet......they're pretty ballsy....

Sue
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2008, 08:46 AM

14 posts, read 51,935 times
I'm still pretty disgusted that this happened! Last night when I got home from work, I noticed that all the lights were out in front of my house. These animals climbed up and unscrewed my floodlights from my motion detectors. As for the paving stones left behind, the Police Officer told me that they had several reports of people having theres stolen from their yard. As far the car alarm, I do have one, but these alarms will only go on if theres a shock to the vehicle or the windows. As for me, I'm planning on going to the local tire shops and will be looking out for suspicious late night activity. If anyone sees or hears anything please let me know. The tires and rims are very rare since this is the new model year maxima for 2009. I'm also going to check E bay.

Old 10-21-2008, 09:27 AM

6,384 posts, read 13,156,915 times
This is the same exact way they left the cars in my complex in Islip. I would bet a paycheck that its the same crew at it again.

- Used a white sedan for the get away car w/ loud muffler
- always struck between 1:30 and 4 am
- when caught they were using flashlights to look into cars
- always targeted Nissan's for some reason & left the car on lanscape blocks.
- Were of Hispanic ethnicity

Keep your eyes and ears open. They hit our complex for about 2 years b4 getting caught.

Good luck & I hope you get those scumbags!

Old 10-21-2008, 10:59 AM

103 posts, read 377,780 times
a couple months ago, when I still lived in Baldwin, I was walking the dog in the AM. I came around a corner to find a 2000ish Hinda Civic on cinderblocks with no wheels. It was an upsetting sight, b/c as others have mentioned, this is being done right outside your house while you are sleeping. Then I continued walking and at the end of the same street was another 2000ish civic on blocks! My wife and I both have 2001 civics, so the next couple nights I slept with the keys so I could hit the panic buttons if there was any funny business outside (I figured my dog would bark and wake me if there was).

Old 10-21-2008, 05:21 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,277,348 times
Also in West Islip, I am sure you noticed that flower shop on Higby Lane was deliberately burned down. This time, though the two culprits were caught. Two very young teenagers with a lot of time on their hands, apparently. I guess their parents will have to pay for the damage which should run into the hundreds of thousands. At least that's what Judge Judy would probably say.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 10-21-2008, 07:59 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,277,348 times
Remember the rules, please. You may criticize the content of a post, but you may not attack an individual. Thank yew.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 10-21-2008, 08:58 PM

431 posts, read 1,338,125 times
Jeremy,

I would also keep an eye on craigslist......for nyc and do a sep search for long island....I checked when it happnened next door but had no clue what I was looking for.....not sure what I thought I would find but I was so pissed that I looked anyway...

Sue

Old 10-21-2008, 09:22 PM

2,335 posts, read 4,150,246 times
I'm not surprised; as soon as the economy goes south, peoples cars start getting broken into. My cars used to get broken into quite frequently in the late 80s/early 90s on LI.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:46 AM

1,386 posts, read 5,345,801 times
Its terrible when this happens. Consider yourself lucky though, its just your wheels, quick and easy to replace.

I had an 02 Maxima, nice car. They stole the headlights, 3 times, out of my driveway in bellmore. It causes a lot of damage, they take a crowbar to the headlight, marring the bumper, bending and scratching the hood and removing the light. Total cost each time 2500-3000 depending on damage. And you know what they would get for it? $100-$500 depending on market conditions.

1 time alarm went off, 1 time they cut the wires to the horn etc. Since it really only takes 1 minute, the car alarm is useless.

also I loved the fact that I now have 3 accidents on my CARFAX due to this.

Last edited by Chrisk327; 10-22-2008 at 09:47 AM.. Reason: adding

Old 10-22-2008, 11:13 AM

14 posts, read 51,935 times
Well the total cost to replace the wheels and the damaged rocker panels from the paving stones was over 4000$. So I'd say these scumbags made out pretty good! If anyone sees these Rims in the neigborhood please write down the plate of the vehicle. These rims are pretty easy to recognize since the car has only been out for 2 months.
2009 Nissan Maxima Front Wheel Photos at InternetAutoGuide.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island