Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 12:30 AM

317 posts, read 403,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Not only is she alive, she looks pretty good, at least on television.

Saw her on some talk show a couple of months ago.
I just googled her age. She is 75. I was a few feet away from her at my job and I wouldve guessed she is 65.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2016, 07:07 AM

847 posts, read 1,458,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
Seriously, who said anything about being starstruck? Just because you discuss seeing people doesn't make you star struck.
Exactly! The question was simply whether or not we have seen anyone, not how we reacted when we saw them.

Old 04-01-2016, 07:13 AM

847 posts, read 1,458,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Speaking of blind celebs. I just remembered , I once saw Stevie Wonder at a Chinese place on Pico Blvd. It was called Shanghai Garden.
Stevie Wonder came to the church that we used to attend in L.A. for our old pastor's birthday. He sang a gospel song, but I can't recall which one now.

We saw Denzel Washington at a Laker game back in the Forum days, but I don't know if we can count Laker games since celebs were always there back then *lol*. If we can count Laker games, then of course Jack Nicholson was at every Laker home game that I went to when we still lived in L.A.

Old 04-01-2016, 07:14 AM

2,436 posts, read 2,795,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
As a child I grew up in the Hollywood Hills. I also went to an elementary school that did constant casting calls and rated commercials and sitcoms in Hollywood. As a child, I met countless celebrities. However, unlike some of the folks on the thread, I NEVER get (or got) star struck since they are just people.

Fairly recently I walked by John Turturro in SoHo (in NYC) and didn't even turn my head. The celebrities just want to be left alone, and since I was trained as a lawyer, I was always taught that we all put our pants on the same way: one leg at a time. I would therefore be more excited to be able to meet certain people who I personally hold in high esteem. Those people are not entertainers.
I'm fairly certain no one said they almost lost it when they saw someone.

Old 04-01-2016, 11:54 AM

242 posts, read 493,649 times
While I agree that no one so far that has posted seemed to have been star stuck, I found it humorous that a few people listed almost everyone that have seen.

Old 04-01-2016, 01:36 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,976,993 times
Pulled up next to Colin Ferrel at the Starbucks in Studio City two weeks ago. My friend asked if that was someone famous next to us so I looked and it was. He was in his Escalade smoking away as if he was in True Detective character form. Didn't say anything and just walked into Starbucks. Been here since the last week of January and people are telling me that that was pretty quick to see my first celeb already. Is it?

Old 04-01-2016, 03:11 PM

74 posts, read 95,069 times
I'm kind of speaking for someone else because I'm on the east coast but I have a buddy who's originally from Long Beach, CA and I remember he told me that back in the 90s he was at a mall in Long Beach somewhere and he told me he saw the woman that played "Justine" (Theo's girlfriend) from "The Cosby Show" walking through the mall with a friend of hers shopping.

Old 04-01-2016, 03:32 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMVboy View Post
I'm kind of speaking for someone else because I'm on the east coast but I have a buddy who's originally from Long Beach, CA and I remember he told me that back in the 90s he was at a mall in Long Beach somewhere and he told me he saw the woman that played "Justine" (Theo's girlfriend) from "The Cosby Show" walking through the mall with a friend of hers shopping.
Lot's of women seem to have run into Bill Cosby from the Cosby show...didn't turn out too well..

Old 04-01-2016, 03:53 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,976,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMVboy View Post
Wasn't she the one that passed away before the show ended?

Old 04-01-2016, 05:21 PM

74 posts, read 95,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
Wasn't she the one that passed away before the show ended?

She died before "Family Matters" (another show she was on where she played Steve Urkel's girlfriend) went off the air. She died in '97 or '98.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles