Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 09:23 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,670,019 times

Advertisements

If you want to hear what goes on in the hood, listen for yourself:

Los Angeles County California Live Audio Feeds

The people here saying that crime is rare there are full of ****.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2017, 09:23 PM

39 posts, read 25,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteranderson12 View Post
I work for a independent film company so our budget isn't gonna involve million dollar cameras.Their be no crew,its just gonna be me,my car and iphones/cameras. We are working on a documentary of neighborhoods in america from real bad to real good.We are in the westcoast and I have to take pictures and film the neighborhood in some of la's rough areas.But I admit i am scared!!Will I be able to succeed?Or maybe tell the film company im not comfortable and prefer a different project?
The safest men in any bad area of Los Angeles are white. Other races aside from Asian are brainwashed to kill each other. If they see a black or mexican, they think rival and revenge. They see a white man they think Cops, But mostly because they know it's nearly impossible to get away with harming a white man. The system is actually set up in our favor. Most already know this, but still avoid those area's do to a higher risk of being involved in cross fire or stray bullets. You will be fine.

Old 02-02-2017, 01:00 AM

1,253 posts, read 2,947,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etrernal333 View Post
The safest men in any bad area of Los Angeles are white. Other races aside from Asian are brainwashed to kill each other. If they see a black or mexican, they think rival and revenge. They see a white man they think Cops, But mostly because they know it's nearly impossible to get away with harming a white man. The system is actually set up in our favor. Most already know this, but still avoid those area's do to a higher risk of being involved in cross fire or stray bullets. You will be fine.
100% truth.

Old 02-02-2017, 05:17 AM

17 posts, read 39,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteranderson12 View Post
I work for a independent film company so our budget isn't gonna involve million dollar cameras.Their be no crew,its just gonna be me,my car and iphones/cameras. We are working on a documentary of neighborhoods in america from real bad to real good.We are in the westcoast and I have to take pictures and film the neighborhood in some of la's rough areas.But I admit i am scared!!Will I be able to succeed?Or maybe tell the film company im not comfortable and prefer a different project?
Of course you will be able to succeed. And Compton is not that bad as people make it sound. Compton has really gotten safer over the last 20 years maybe? I also wouldn't say that Compton is the "worst" anymore. i mean it still does struggle with above average crime rate, but i wouldn't say its like going to Detroit( no offense to Detroit). in all reality, it'll be just like driving anywhere else in the LA sprawl. If your expecting a whole bunch of run down buildings and graffiti everywhere for your project, then you might be a little disappointed because Compton isn't that bad. i don't think you'll be scared, just like anywhere else, watch your surroundings.

Old 02-02-2017, 05:27 AM

and also, yes some of the nicest people ive met in LA were in Compton living there

Old 02-02-2017, 01:36 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,472,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielle1995 View Post
and also, yes some of the nicest people ive met in LA were in Compton living there
People usually say that about people that killed people too though..

"I would of never guessed it...they were such a nice person"

Old 02-03-2017, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
People usually say that about people that killed people too though..

"I would of never guessed it...they were such a nice person"
So what? you're saying that all people in Compton are killers? ( please tell me that's not what you mean, and that you're not being biased against people who live in rougher areas).

Old 02-03-2017, 07:08 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,472,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielle1995 View Post
So what? you're saying that all people in Compton are killers? ( please tell me that's not what you mean, and that you're not being biased against people who live in rougher areas).
Where did I say that ?
I just said a lot of people think other people might be "nice" or "cool" then they turn out to be killers.

Old 02-03-2017, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Where did I say that ?
I just said a lot of people think other people might be "nice" or "cool" then they turn out to be killers.
alright my bad, I interpreted what you said incorrectly, my bad.

Old 02-04-2017, 08:02 AM

387 posts, read 356,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
If you go down there you could always buy one of these, they seem to keep these guys safe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpLv...has_verified=1

Of course at the end of the video, the Token White Boy has to try hard to impress his Black friends by pulling a gun....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles