Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2019, 06:52 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,185,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
You tell me..

29 year old with Dissociative Psychosis. He first developed symptoms when a young teen. His parents are both retired and live in a very nice part of Sonoma County. They employee a full time live in caretaker for their son who regularly escapes and makes his way to San Francisco where he will live on the streets for a few weeks until he gets really bad and the cops detain him. Most of the cops know him by sight and immediately call his parents when they see him. The house is alarmed, the windows are locked with key locks, but he still gets out. When he's on his psych meds he does well, but they usually quit working or start giving him side effects after a few months, and when that happens it's very hard to get him in to see his psychiatrist because he doesn't trust anyone. He has gotten progressively sicker and doctors don't have a good prognosis.

44 year old with seizure disorder and brain damage. He was in a car accident when he was in his 20's and ended up losing about 1/3 of his brain. He has trouble remembering and he has angry outbursts. His seizure medication has to be changed every few months in order to keep his seizures in check. He can't drive and he doesn't function well on public transportation, he usually doesn't know where he should get off the bus or why. Last month he walked away from his parents home and ended up in a City Park about 2 miles away. The cops found him there 3 days later, he had been beaten and robbed. It's not the first time that he had ended up homeless just because he gets confused and lost and I doubt if it will be the last. His father is dead, his mother is a retired RN and lives with her son in Solano County.

But please...tell me why this is becoming more and more common because I don't have a clue as to where you are going with that. And I know more than those two, but don't want to waste everyone's time.
I think it's because they won't take their meds and they live in liberal la la land
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2019, 07:44 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
I think it's because they won't take their meds and they live in liberal la la land
The psychotic takes his meds until they don't work anymore or until the side effects become unbearable. The epileptic is not mentally ill he is brain damaged, what kind of drugs do you think will fix missing 1/3 of your brain?

But why don't you tell me how these two men would be doing in say...Alabama or Oklahoma? You seem to know so much about liberal states I assume you're an expert on conservative state policies.

Old 10-14-2019, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
The psychotic takes his meds until they don't work anymore or until the side effects become unbearable. The epileptic is not mentally ill he is brain damaged, what kind of drugs do you think will fix missing 1/3 of your brain?

But why don't you tell me how these two men would be doing in say...Alabama or Oklahoma? You seem to know so much about liberal states I assume you're an expert on conservative state policies.
Just giving my opinion not debating

Old 10-14-2019, 08:32 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,365,101 times
Quote:
Just giving my opinion not debating
Well what's your opinion on how those two men would be doing in conservative Alabama?

Old 10-14-2019, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Well what's your opinion on how those two men would be doing in conservative Alabama?
No idea I've never been there

Old 10-14-2019, 08:59 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,365,101 times
Quote:
No idea I've never been there
Ah. But you are sure that “la-la land” is worse. Because? Just your opinion, of course.

Old 10-14-2019, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Ah. But you are sure that “la-la land” is worse. Because? Just your opinion, of course.
That's liberal la la land and yep

Old 10-15-2019, 02:30 AM

1 posts, read 715 times
Talk about not even in the ball park ... and not even having a ball and bat ...

Old 10-15-2019, 03:39 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,288,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Now, why is this becoming more and more common?
State and cities are becoming more enabling. Any effort to deal with the issue is dealt with resistance, just look at this board, just three people will spin you in circles to no avail.

Old 10-15-2019, 04:12 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
State and cities are becoming more enabling. Any effort to deal with the issue is dealt with resistance, just look at this board, just three people will spin you in circles to no avail.
oh Max, that's just not a great answer. One of the men I described only has 2/3 of a brain and is an epileptic. He's not on welfare, his mother supports him and he's not a criminal, a drug addict or an alcoholic. He ends up homeless at times because he gets lost and confused. Just answer this Max, how is he being 'enabled' in California and how would a conservative state treat him differently?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles