Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2019, 08:20 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,365,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Why does he have to prove all that to you? Are you going to pay him for all that work?
He doesn’t have to prove it to me. Or anybody. Unless he wants to prove my challenge is baseless. I, and others posting repeatedly in this thread, have many times provided credible research analysis demonstrating that nearly no homeless “choose” that lifestyle as their preference. That is a big, fat, destructive myth.

We have also demonstrated that the constitution and laws of our land, in place to protect the many freedoms we enjoy as a culture and society, also protect the homeless from harassment and abuse. It is, simply, not illegal to be homeless in America.

Agencies established to serve the problems of homelessness have to work within the parameters and constraints of constitutionally-based laws. It is a deeply complex problem. Simple-minded solutions are fantasies from lazy, frustrated minds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2019, 08:32 PM

26,747 posts, read 26,834,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
...squirt super soakers filled with ammonia or bleach tainted water at encampments, always clean-up “steal” belongings left unattended or at least deconstruct all tents and kick and drag them out into the street for forced cleanup
There are no words for this.

Old 10-25-2019, 12:06 AM

6,109 posts, read 10,903,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
There are no words for this.
Indeed. When all the governmental constructs of this state have declared that anything a homeless person does whether larceny, arson, assault, vandalism, biological contamination, trespassing, obstructing free movement is deemed no longer illegal or at least no longer prosecutable much less arrest-able and nearly any reasonable attempts or actions to block, prevent or protect oneself, home, business or community from such illegal and destructive behavior by its residents and business owners is declared overtly illegal you wonder why it has come to this.

I’m not talking about harmless bums, women or men who have become fixtures with a history in a community and are even welcomed by those of us who recognize them as decent folks down on their luck and are worthy of our sympathy and help. There are still a majority of rotten folks in todays homeless/transient population who do nothing but drag a community down and who will never change regardless of all the precious resources offered and it is those who need to get kicked the hell out.

Last edited by T. Damon; 10-25-2019 at 12:37 AM..

Old 10-25-2019, 06:21 AM

Quote:
I’m not talking about harmless bums, women or men who have become fixtures with a history in a community and are even welcomed by those of us who recognize them as decent folks down on their luck and are worthy of our sympathy and help.
And how are you determine who is a "harmless bum" and who is not? That's quite a judgement.

Quote:
There are still a majority of rotten folks in todays homeless/transient population who do nothing but drag a community down and who will never change regardless of all the precious resources offered and it is those who need to get kicked the hell out.

Sorry. If, as has been said, "The measure of a civilization is how it treats its weakest members," then your mandate is a pretty sad reflection of who we are as a society.

Old 10-25-2019, 08:04 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Indeed. When all the governmental constructs of this state have declared that anything a homeless person does whether larceny, arson, assault, vandalism, biological contamination, trespassing, obstructing free movement is deemed no longer illegal or at least no longer prosecutable much less arrest-able and nearly any reasonable attempts or actions to block, prevent or protect oneself, home, business or community from such illegal and destructive behavior by its residents and business owners is declared overtly illegal you wonder why it has come to this.
That's just hilarious

Old 10-25-2019, 09:42 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,185,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
And how are you determine who is a "harmless bum" and who is not? That's quite a judgement.

[/b]
Sorry. If, as has been said, "The measure of a civilization is how it treats its weakest members," then your mandate is a pretty sad reflection of who we are as a society.
Maybe I'm a pro now but I can easily tell which homeless need help and which need to be kicked out of the state.

Ca is bending over backwards to treat its "weakest members" to the detriment of everyone else trying to live a decent safe life here.

Old 10-26-2019, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Maybe I'm a pro now but I can easily tell which homeless need help and which need to be kicked out of the state.
I'm not sure that anyone can tell, just by looking at them, which homeless need or want help.

"When I look at the people living on our streets, by the way, I know I don?t have the power to sort out how they got here. I can't just look at them and glean their origin stories. It also makes no real sense to me to try to decide who has a legitimate reason to wind up here.

How do I know without a lot of reporting, for instance, whether homelessness or mental illness and addiction came first? How do I know who lived here and lost housing and who didn?t and for some reason may not want it?"

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...how-it-happens

Last edited by CA4Now; 10-26-2019 at 09:32 AM.. Reason: correcting the glitches that have inserted a "?" for an apostrophe. What's up?

Old 10-26-2019, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Ca is bending over backwards to treat its "weakest members" to the detriment of everyone else trying to live a decent safe life here.
If that's true then why are they still sleeping on the sidewalk?

Old 10-26-2019, 09:16 AM

21,741 posts, read 16,365,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
If that's true then why are they still sleeping on the sidewalk?
Well, some people prefer firm mattresses. Everyone knows that. This is a choice, obviously. Why sleep in a room or house with a soft bed when you can sleep firm on concrete with people and rats roaming over you stealing your sandwiches? Choice lifestyle.

Old 10-26-2019, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Well, some people prefer firm mattresses. Everyone knows that. This is a choice, obviously. Why sleep in a room or house with a soft bed when you can sleep firm on concrete with people and rats roaming over you stealing your sandwiches? Choice lifestyle.
True, and in the summer in some parts of California they can fry eggs on the sidewalk, life is just too good for those entitled homeless wastrels huh? Maybe we should start a campaign to remove the sidewalks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles