Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2019, 02:06 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,365,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delunsa View Post
It's called 'ocular proof.' Stop denying yourself that gift.
So you, anonymous new internet forum poster, have zip to back up your declaration ... while 782 pages of this thread are packed with expertly credible, documented and linked research and data contradicting you.

“See, nothing up my sleeve!” - Bullwinkle J. Moose
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2019, 05:03 PM

26,747 posts, read 26,834,489 times
Quote:
It's called 'ocular proof.'
That kind of "proof" must be hard to use by someone in Pennsylvania making assumptions about people in Los Angeles.

Old 10-29-2019, 07:17 PM

330 posts, read 178,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
That kind of "proof" must be hard to use by someone in Pennsylvania making assumptions about people in Los Angeles.
The homeless are pretty much the same everywhere.

Old 10-29-2019, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
So you, anonymous new internet forum poster, have zip to back up your declaration ... while 782 pages of this thread are packed with expertly credible, documented and linked research and data contradicting you.

“See, nothing up my sleeve!” - Bullwinkle J. Moose
Are you saying most aren't addicts and lazy do-nothings? Pffttt ...

Old 10-29-2019, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Are you saying most aren't addicts and lazy do-nothings? Pffttt ...
Well, I can tell you a lot about homelessness and the people who exist in that deplorable state. Most significantly I can tell you the homeless are comprised of very diverse backgrounds - including addicts and lazy do-nothings.

But does your claim comprise the majority? No. You want to know more? I don’t think you do, but you can browse this thread ... or look up the plethora of legitimate information available on the interwebs.

You would learn, for example, that 75% of homeless remain in that condition for less than a year ... average time homeless somewhere around 2 months, so no, not all addicts and do-nothings there in majority.

You’d also learn how many are working full or part time and simply don’t earn sufficiently to pay rent and all their other expenses (for instance medical expenses that bankrupted them).

You’d be informed about how many are temporary refugees from domestic violence.

You’d find out about retired seniors forced out of SRO housing being redeveloped.

You’d learn about how many people can’t pass landlord internet screening to qualify for rental. Etc.

That set aside, I’m still waiting for you to provide your evidence to refute 782 pages filled with linked references of data and research contradicting your so far unsupported anonymous declarations.

Last edited by Tulemutt; 10-29-2019 at 07:49 PM..

Old 10-29-2019, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Well, I can tell you a lot about homelessness and the people who exist in that deplorable state. Most significantly I can tell you the homeless are comprised of very diverse backgrounds - including addicts and lazy do-nothings.

But does your claim comprise the majority? No. You want to know more? I don’t think you do, but you can browse this thread ... or look up the plethora of legitimate information available on the interwebs.

You would learn, for example, that 75% of homeless remain in that condition for less than a year ... average time homeless somewhere around 2 months, so no, not all addicts and do-nothings there in majority.

You’d also learn how many are working full or part time and simply don’t earn sufficiently to pay rent and all their other expenses (for instance medical expenses that bankrupted them).

You’d be informed about how many are temporary refugees from domestic violence.

You’d find out about retired seniors forced out of SRO housing being redeveloped.

You’d learn about how many people can’t pass landlord internet screening to qualify for rental. Etc.

That set aside, I’m still waiting for you to provide your evidence to refute 782 pages filled with linked references of data and research contradicting your so far unsupported anonymous declarations.
Keep posting handpicked data to support your bleeding-heart views. It's not going change a thing ...

Old 10-29-2019, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Keep posting handpicked data to support your bleeding-heart views. It's not going change a thing ...
Lmfao. Let’s see your favorite data, new poster. Nah, you’re not an old banned poster coming back to troll. You’re sincere.

Old 10-29-2019, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Lmfao. Let’s see your favorite data, new poster. Nah, you’re not an old banned poster coming back to troll. You’re sincere.
I'm going to ask you to open your eyes and be honest with yourself for once, that's all you need to do.

Bums, junkies and poor life choices.

Old 10-29-2019, 08:38 PM

Quote:
I'm going to ask you to open your eyes and be honest with yourself for once, that's all you need to do.

Bums, junkies and poor life choices.
And I’m going to ask you for the fifth time to back up your bullsh*t claim. I’ve backed up all mine 1,000x over. Your turn.

Old 10-29-2019, 09:10 PM

Quote:
You believe your hand-picked data and I'll believe reality. You sound like the type who bought into the money-making "It's a disease ..." BS.
Time’s up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles